Reviews for Nine Virtues
Sailor Pandabear chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
very nice
Jack Of Some Trades chapter 2 . 6/22/2003
What happened to this? Great premise, if a bit unoriginal, but it was written wonderfully. Do please continue.
Reviewer chapter 2 . 12/7/2002
I don't quite think Ken is Christian, he was talking about Christianity in a matter-of-fact tone. It didn't quite sound like he was speaking from his own views, Ken is just more knowledgable of other cultures. Aside from that, the story works quite well. It sounds much like Ken. If you want to understand Ken, I'll e-mail you something I wrote, mabye it will help.
Alan Wilkinson chapter 2 . 12/1/2002
Holimon? I thought It was Magnamon in both versions. Dare I ask what your plan for Davis is?
Melinda-chan chapter 2 . 11/26/2002
Those are very good vignettes so far. However I think you made up Izzy's history. I heard that his real parents were killed in a car crash and that his father's cousin and wife adopted him. I can't wait what you have written for Kari!
Idiot Villager chapter 2 . 11/26/2002
You might want to fix the part where Ken calls Magnamon "Holimon". The name's the same eitherway. Just trying to help.

The Ken piece was good. I want to see how you write from Sora's eyes, or Takeru's. _
daisukefire chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Wow, Karen, this was really heart touching. That last line is so very true. Ignorance is truly bliss, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I really look forward to seeing what you do for the other Digidestined. You could also do the new DD and go over what they would have if they had crests of their own. Just a suggestion, cause I'd really like to see what you did for those characters! Keep up the great work!
Seinaru Kibou no Tenshi chapter 1 . 10/8/2002
Can I still reply to reviews here? There are one or two issues to which I've replied personally, but thought it might be . . . edifying if I also put my response up here.

1) Why did I change his back-story? Firstly, I felt the one on the show was a bit flat. Secondly, it tied in better with my theme of deliberately not knowing. He chooses not to know that that woman is his mother. His mother chooses not to let him know. And so on. So, there were aesthetic reasons.

2) As to how it fits the summary, the whole piece should be read as an exploration of knowing and not knowing. I've approached the subject of his crest by looking at how Koushirou handles the single, most important piece of knowledge about himself - namely, that he's adopted. The whole piece is structured around an irony, of course. He knows, but he has to pretend not to know. His parents know, but they also want to pretend they don't. Hence, the last three lines.

3) I was originally only going to do the original eight, but came up with an idea for Ken's crest, so added him in at the last minute. Abject apologies to Ken-kun! .

4)Ken is next, then Hikari. Ken's one starts "Last week, I killed my only friend." Unfortunately, it doesn't go on from there yet. -.-;;;
Alan Wilkinson chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Hmm. Don't know why you bothered fiddling with his history. I Don't see how this does as per the summary either. Maybe it's just me being dense again...
Sir Brass of the Pen chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
Wow, I definately like this first vignette (sp?), even though it goes against the 01 coda. Even though I identify with Izzy b/c of our shared nerdiness, technophilia, and love of computers, I was never really able to get inside his head like I had with T.K. and Kari (especially T.K.). Now, here you have done just what I couldn't, and I must say GOOD JOB! I'm really looking forward to the next vignette (I wonder who's next, though). :)

Cheers,

Sir Brass of the Pen
Kara Kasai chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
Ah, "Hope is the thing with feathers/That perches in the soul,/And sings the tune without words,/And never stops at all." Emily Dickinson.

-.- Thanks for using us as pet lab rats . . . . . . . .though, I'm not sure if I resemble a mouse at all. Nope, don't have a whisker.

I never really knew that Koushirou was adopted . . .and I never knew his class, either.

Aw, but very cute. Very . . . .can't think of the word! O.o; Well, I really like the ending. It's just so ummm . . . ."prodigious" and "knowledgable" - quoted because they are definitely Koushirou words.

Kara
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
It's wonderful to see such a well written piece about Koushirou. I can't wait to see the other characters. This was a very emotional piece. I can see both points of view-Koushirou's adopted mother's and his birth mother's. It's kind of sad that he didn't get to meet his birth mother-it might have helped him if his parents had grown up telling him that he was adopted, but that they loved him and had chosen him because they wanted him. Still, some people choose not to. Poor Koushirou, he learned quickly the knowledge of his birth, but he had to hide it to keep everybody happy.

Beautiful vignette!
Reader chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
Wow, even though you altered his story, this one is a lot better. You said there would be eight stories, but the title is "Nine Virtues", did you forget Ken? Who will you do next? I look forward to the next one.
Peg 'o Light chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
I really enjoyed reading this! Lookin' forward for the next one _
Queen of Black Chaos chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
o_O Wow. That was kind of depressing. I feel so bad for Koushiro now! T_T He should've met his biological mother. I hope all the other pieces are as good as this one... Can't wait for more, please continue!