Reviews for Friends and Foes
Illyra chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
Poor Bobbie, that was quite a shock. I love how she tries to find flaws in their story.
Highlight for me was the little fight between Ron and Ginny about Quidditch. They take it so seriously and Bobbie probably thought she was in another universe. LOL!
And I like the photographs in the house. Wonderfully done.
sroyonline chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Hi Neil,

Excellent chapter once again. I do get excited whenever I get an email update about your stories. Well this time I have a slight criticism about your characterization and development of Ginny. Rowling's Ginny towards the end was confident, smart and a lively girl. I think you might have made her a touch over confident, arrogant and possessive. I know it's your way of visualizing the character and developing her as you see fit.

Remember the parts from Half Blood Prince where Ginny, Harry, Ron used to hang out and Ron would make comments about them kissing in front of them? In those parts Ginny was more subtle and could put down Ron without being too aggressive.

End of rant. Thanks for the amazing stories. :)
keeptheotherone chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
The anti-Muggle spells on Grimmauld Place were a nice touch of authenticity, especially the way they affected Bobbie physically. Ginny and Ron's bickering added to the tension, and I liked how everyone was arguing in the restaurant but no one was /fighting/, if that makes sense. Of course Harry and Ron didn't read the Statute, and of course Hermione expected them to ;) Ginny's absolutely right there. I want to know what the two paintings of the same room are; I feel that's a clue I should have picked up on. I loved how once Harry made the decision to let Bobbie in, he told her everything and didn't hold back even on flashy magic like talking Patronuses. And I have to admit ... Ginny scared me a bit there at the end!

Really enjoying watching the details of this come together :)
scrappy8 chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
great chapter
Tigerlily02 chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Yet another brilliant chapter to this story! The standards of your stories (and all their contents) are truly amazing, and whenever I open my inbox and spot a new alert, I know I will not be disappointed. Your stories are without doubt some of the best HP-stories I've read, and whenever I am looking for something new, this is the sort of quality that captures my attention (still, I have yet to find stories I've spent as much time reading as I have your work).

As mentioned, this chapter was brilliant. Not only may they be a step closer to finding their targets, but I really liked how all the characters, well, stayed in-character despite their somewhat serious talk with Bobbie. Ginny and Ron going off at each other about Quiddich, and such. You are extremely talented at portraying the different characters in a believable and true manner (perfect, if you ask me).

To sum up: Truly splendid work, I enjoyed every word of it, and I am anxiously looking forward to read more from you; both this story and your others.

Okay, that's all, I think. Bye!
Charybdis2 chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
At last we find out how Bobbie joined the team.

Loved this chapter with all its complexity unravelling gradually.

Superb!
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Good to hear from you again! It's a great chapter, full of explanations, and I'm sure it's necessary to move the plot along. Perhaps Bobbie actually marries a wizard. I do like it, but I'm ready for some action again. And to eavesdrop on the Harry-Ron-Kingsley conversation!
Susan M M chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Poor Bobbie! Her world has been turned upside down and inside out. Great last line.
potternut190 chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Great chapter! Are the two empty paintings of the same study normally occupied by the two most recent Headmasters of Hogwarts?
diva.gonzo chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
*polite applause*
Oh this was nice and lovely. I dearly enjoyed the banter, and Ron's propensity for appreciating chocolate cake while there was serious discussions going on. Harry's adorable, but I love how you write Ginny: strong, outspoken, powerful, and highly protective. They balance once another quite well.
As for Ron and Hermione? Simply brilliant.

In short, Lovely as always.

I look forward to more, at your leisure and opportunity.
MHood80 chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Really great chapter! Great way to see a muggle being shown the magical world. Just perfect the way that even Kingley's patronus looks annoyed, and he already knows that Ginny, Ron, and Hermione know what's happened. Great job, can't wait for more!
JoyWatson chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
I like that you did not make Bobbie (btw chose that name on purpose?) did not immediately believe evth she was told. It would have been quite out of character for somebody working for the police. Enjoyed this update very much.
Joy
JoyWatson chapter 7 . 8/6/2014
I stumbled upon a story of yours day before yesterday and just went from story to story. You are one of the very few ff-authors who actually manage to keep the characters as Rowling wrote them. And you've got very interesting story lines.
What I quite enjoy about your writing is that you also tell the story from the muggle side and are not afraid to bring muggles into the story that are anything but stupid (normally people tend to make them rather stupid - one of my dislikes)
Will there be a chance of you updating this story? It stopped on a cliff hanger - and I'm rather curious to see how it continues.
I'm glad I stumbled onto your stories. They must be among if not even the best stories I've read on
Hoping to read more from you. Joy
elfwarden chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
Ugh the suspense is killing me.
nucr and very exiting story.
can't wait for an update.
MelGinnylover chapter 7 . 7/22/2014
Another piece of brilliant writing as is the case with you usually... Loved it... eagerly waiting for the next chapter!
382 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »