Reviews for Friends and Foes
aalens chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
There is something excitingly compelling, well to me at least, when Muggles are on the point of learning about the Wizarding world - as in this story and in the related story 'Strangers at Drakeshaugh', which is a large part of the reason that I love them so much. I hate sounding like a fan-girl, at my age it is decidedly embarrassing, but I have to face it, when it comes to your fics, that is what I am. I enjoy your stories just as much as I did the first book, just as much if not more than the next one, more than I did the next two, and, no comparison, far, far, far and away, more than last three books of it.
BTW, Are 'troousers' the Northumbrian, or Scottish or Magical version of trousers? lol
keeptheotherone chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
I really liked seeing Harry described through the eyes of a female who didn't know him; that was fun :) I've wanted to know how Bobbie joined the Aurors since I first read about her, so I loved this whole chapter and am really looking forward to the next one. It's amazing how much information Bobbie put together when she started connecting cover stories; each individual piece was plausible (well done there) and I can see why Harry wants to hire her! I thought the contrast between Harry's reaction and Hermione's reaction was classic characterization of both of them. Nice detail of Ginny as the intuitive one who realized Bobbie was feeling a little overwhelmed and both physically and verbally backed off. Also, I love the background detail you put into your stories, like giving a more specific location for Grimmauld Place. I always learn something :)
wareagle chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
I like your stories. They are all very well done. I think they could perhaps be woven together a little bit better, so that the overall narrative makes more sense, but if a series of books was to be written continuing the story where Rowling left off, these would be it.
diva.gonzo chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
*enthusiastic applause*

Once again, a lovely chapter that I almost burned pepper crusted pork chops for. Oh this was a delight to read, and enjoy. The little details, along with the internal monologue of the OFC that you have in the fic is delightful.
I can see why she would find conspiracies where they exist, when there is little care taken to protecting their identities in the course of their duties. Those details make it so nice in the fic.

As always, I look forward to more, at your leisure and opportunity.
Susan M M chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
So lovely to get more of Bobbie's background and why she was deemed good enough to join the DMLE.
yiota146 chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
Thank you for the update!

It was inevitable that Harry would either have to tell Bobbie the truth, or he'd have to Obliviate her. She proved herself more persistent than he would have liked. I like how you combine your stories and give continuity to your universe, but it was very cruel of you to leave it there! I'm hoping you'll post again soon.
Sammi chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
Is it wise to reveal to a muggle? Regardless, I love it!
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
I like where this is going, I've been looking forward to reading how Bobbie got involved with Harry for a long time now, she must have made quite an impression on him.

Looking forward to your future updates and other projects.
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
OH, NO! Another cliffhanger! Excellent chapter-I suppose Harry will Obliviate Bobbie when she finishes telling him how she found everything. Or maybe he'll let her remember b/c he knows she'll be ridiculed again if she talks about it to anyone. After all, Muggles who marry into the magical world can't be obliviate. Plus, she'd be a good contact, and she could get credit for solved cases, wouldn't she? Hope you've got a lovely weekend ahead of you!
scrappy8 chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
great chapter
fmlyhntr chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
This is a terrible cliffhanger. g Fortunately I've read some of your other stories and know what will happen with Bobbie, but still I now have to wait?

I do enjoy reading your stories by the way.
HermesThriceGreat chapter 6 . 6/28/2014
Thank you for continuing this epic saga and expansion upon Rowling's world. You certainly have entertained me, and you certainly have reminded me that Welsh's use of the Latin alphabet is utterly idiosyncratic and maddening. With "Friends and Foes," "Aurors and Schoolgirls," "MIT: Muggle Liaison Team," "Epithalamium," and so many others, you leave much to be expectant over. Your imagination, planning, and ambition are laudatory. I await your next chapter. Thank you!
yiota146 chapter 6 . 6/22/2014
Thank you for the update, the notification was a pleasant surprise!

I'm curious to find out more about Mark's relationship with Cara. Cara seems to have good memories, but when you mentioned the relationship in "Brown", Mark seemed to have some bitter memories. I would have thought Harry would have been notorious for disliking the gawping by then. Then again fangirls aren't exactly famous for being rational.

Dung keeps turning up. At least he's offering some information this time, not to mention a short lesson in romance for Harry! I must say I really enjoyed the part where Harry introduced himself to the Sheriff :) Interesting twist on the case, I hope the kidnapping hasn't evolved to murder yet.

I love Harry's rapport with Ginny, they really are equals, and I hope he's learned his lesson about keeping her in the dark. He appears to be keeping her up to date, and her input is helpful to say the least. Harry would never be capable of turning an interrogation into a casual chat with Pansy. Gossipping Lavender is a better fit.

I'm curious about the case though. I suppose splitting is safer for the five Slytherins, they're more noticeable if all five are together. So we have Millicent Bulstrode and Marcus Flint in Newcastle, Goyle on his island and Daphne and Bletchley in Wales? Are they still a group, or have they split for good? Who is making Polyjuice Potion for them? I can't see Goyle making it himself, and neither Flint or Bulstrode have ever appeared as particularly bright, so it must be Bletchley, and they're still in contact. One of them has to be capable of brewing it if they were capable of inventing, or modifying a potion themselves. I wonder if Daphne followed Theodore's advice and married Bletchley, and if they've dropped Goyle. Asteria must be in a very difficult position, what with her sister on the run with someone who's trying to frame Malfoy. I'm really looking forward to what comes next!
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 6 . 6/18/2014
Love the plot!
Anon chapter 6 . 6/15/2014
I love Ginny's analysis of girls, dangerous boyfriends and real life at the end, it's so spot on.
382 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »