Reviews for Friends and Foes
fmlyhntr chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
This is a terrible cliffhanger. g Fortunately I've read some of your other stories and know what will happen with Bobbie, but still I now have to wait?

I do enjoy reading your stories by the way.
HermesThriceGreat chapter 6 . 6/28/2014
Thank you for continuing this epic saga and expansion upon Rowling's world. You certainly have entertained me, and you certainly have reminded me that Welsh's use of the Latin alphabet is utterly idiosyncratic and maddening. With "Friends and Foes," "Aurors and Schoolgirls," "MIT: Muggle Liaison Team," "Epithalamium," and so many others, you leave much to be expectant over. Your imagination, planning, and ambition are laudatory. I await your next chapter. Thank you!
yiota146 chapter 6 . 6/22/2014
Thank you for the update, the notification was a pleasant surprise!

I'm curious to find out more about Mark's relationship with Cara. Cara seems to have good memories, but when you mentioned the relationship in "Brown", Mark seemed to have some bitter memories. I would have thought Harry would have been notorious for disliking the gawping by then. Then again fangirls aren't exactly famous for being rational.

Dung keeps turning up. At least he's offering some information this time, not to mention a short lesson in romance for Harry! I must say I really enjoyed the part where Harry introduced himself to the Sheriff :) Interesting twist on the case, I hope the kidnapping hasn't evolved to murder yet.

I love Harry's rapport with Ginny, they really are equals, and I hope he's learned his lesson about keeping her in the dark. He appears to be keeping her up to date, and her input is helpful to say the least. Harry would never be capable of turning an interrogation into a casual chat with Pansy. Gossipping Lavender is a better fit.

I'm curious about the case though. I suppose splitting is safer for the five Slytherins, they're more noticeable if all five are together. So we have Millicent Bulstrode and Marcus Flint in Newcastle, Goyle on his island and Daphne and Bletchley in Wales? Are they still a group, or have they split for good? Who is making Polyjuice Potion for them? I can't see Goyle making it himself, and neither Flint or Bulstrode have ever appeared as particularly bright, so it must be Bletchley, and they're still in contact. One of them has to be capable of brewing it if they were capable of inventing, or modifying a potion themselves. I wonder if Daphne followed Theodore's advice and married Bletchley, and if they've dropped Goyle. Asteria must be in a very difficult position, what with her sister on the run with someone who's trying to frame Malfoy. I'm really looking forward to what comes next!
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 6 . 6/18/2014
Love the plot!
Anon chapter 6 . 6/15/2014
I love Ginny's analysis of girls, dangerous boyfriends and real life at the end, it's so spot on.
Lilyp chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
I loved this chapter a lot. So many details, like the trio (when you are so adamant about disliking the "golden trio") of aurors, Dung, Cara noticing the things Auror Weasley and her ex-boyfriend have in common - perhaps Those are things Lavender is attracted to? Ginny is a daily life genius. Surely Lavender is the ideal person to interrogate Daphne. Harry is a lucky man indeed.
FriendofMolly chapter 6 . 6/12/2014
North,
Outstanding first to last! What a coincidence, running into Dung. Could he redeem himself, partially with information? Nah! His actions, after he left MadEye, speaks very clearly, he's a cowardly lowlife. Harry should thank Ginny, big time, Lavender will definitely get Pansy to blab.
Still loving this,
FoM
Oriondruid chapter 6 . 6/12/2014
Ginny's no fool is she. :o) If she were not an international level Quidditch player she'd definitely make a superb Auror, her insight and intelligence always mean she gives Harry superb advice.

It is always nice to get away to other cities and areas of Wizarding Britain, to see how they do things and 'take in the local scenery and customs', rather than hanging around all the time in London and a few other locations, which although beloved, like Diagon Alley and The Burrow etc. are can become a bit 'claustrophobic' and limiting. This is is why I like your version of the Wizarding World, it broadens the horizons and gives greater freedom for creativity and originality.

Poor old Dung. :o) He can never get a break can he? What's the chances it'd be 'signing on' day that Harry and the gang turn up for a meeting and spot him in the queue? All these ingenious schemes he comes up with to make a dishonest living and it seems fate always finds a way to chuck a big spanner in the works. :o) He's a despicable criminal, sure, crooked to the core but somehow you have to slightly like him, at least he's not cruel in his dishonesty and there is some good in him, even if buried rather deeply. Loved the line from Harry about arresting him "For being Mundungus Fletcher". :o)

Looking forward to more to come.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
katesari chapter 6 . 6/12/2014
Enjoyed reading this chapter! Look forward to reading more. Bye
Oriondruid chapter 5 . 6/11/2014
Sorry this review has taken so long, much vital reading such as this to catch up on due to a hectic month or two.

Brilliant Chapter! 'Cos for one thing we get to first meet 'Bobby' Beadle, one of your finest OC's. You've gotta love this excellent police officer! :o) And yes, the Police jargon might be a bit unfamiliar to some, so the glossary on the end is a good idea. :o)

DCI Abberline? Hey this is getting oddly coincidental! This is because the man whom I assume he may be descended from, (the great Victorian police officer Chief Inspector Frederick Abberline), features in a post war story I am writing, (Ghosts of the Past), about a 'temporary alliance' formed during their 'retake' final year of school, between Hermione, Ginny and their ex-foe Draco Malfoy. In this story he's a much reformed, genuinely contrite and better young man now, being out from under his father's malign influence and the Death Eaters control, which is why you'd hate this tale, being as you're no Draco lover! ;o)

Nonetheless in my tale the alliance forms in order to investigate an old mystery they stumble upon. During this investigation the 'new trio' meet, (amongst others), Chief Inspector Abberline's ghost, who is still haunted by regret over his failure to catch Jack The Ripper. This original Abberline was a brilliant officer whose many achievements and commendations are sadly a little overshadowed by his one great failure, it is to be hoped that after his death in fact he chose to 'go on' rather than remain an earthbound ghost because of his regret and sense of 'unfinished business'.

Your Abberline in this story however seems to be sadly nowhere near half the man his famous ancestor was, (I assume this connection as it is not a common surname and Policing tending to run in families). However, as drawn this character is probably more typical of today's senior Met Officers, being a bit 'battle weary', overloaded with paperwork and made a bit cynical after seeing years of 'jumped up' Oxbridge graduate 'oiks' being fast tracked up the hierachy. Your 'modern day' Abberline's probably quite realistic, being a fairly honest and good 'copper', but one who hates all the, (as he'd see it), PC nonsense imposed on the Met's culture over recent years and constant political interference making his job harder. That's why he's none too fond of Harry & Co. making an appearance at 'his' crime scene. :o(

It's great to see the nucleus of Harry's future crack 'Magical CSI' team coming together, knowing what a great unit they eventually will become. :o)

Looking forward eagerly to reading the next chapter.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
Jim chapter 6 . 6/11/2014
We missed you. Your stories are still awesome. Please keep them coming
shannononom chapter 6 . 6/8/2014
Love it (as usual)!
Worth the wait and I get so excited seeing an update!
Can you update Epithalium (spelling?) please? Adore that story!
Vicki Turner chapter 6 . 6/8/2014
I love your stories! It's worth the wait for a new chapter. You are great at making the world feel so real-the differences between the Aurors and the Sherrif's office, Ginny's quidditch diet-these little details make me believe the characters are living a real life.

I'm glad to see Lavender as a character who can contribute to the group effort instead of a just a hopeless airhead. I hope we get to see some of her and Mark Moon a bit more in future chapters.
Grown Up Ron chapter 5 . 6/8/2014
Actually Draco IS a killer, he was fine with trying to kill from a distance. It was only up close that he lacked the stones.
Grown Up Ron chapter 4 . 6/8/2014
Hermione seemed to like that kiss from Charlie a bit too much; Ron better watch his back.
387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »