Reviews for Friends and Foes
yiota chapter 2 . 1/12/2014
Thank you for the update! I think you have Vernon spot on, though in my opinion it was quite a regression for Harry to fear Vernon. Since Harry found out about Sirius, the fear in that relationship was the other way around. The thought that Harry was mistreated as a child didn't even occur to him!

It was quite a reaction from Petunia, though! It seems she's missed Harry and does want contact with him. To be honest I wasn't expecting it.

I'm really looking forward to the encounter with Dudley!
Noonie chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
Ah a new story! i'm looking forward to the next chapter - sounds like Dudle is a changed man. I'm glad that most fanfics make him out to be a kid who a victim of petunia and Vernon in a different way from Harry, but someone who might have redeeming qualities given the right influences.

i love how Ginny compliments and supports Harry sometimes subtly and sometimes blatantly, just who he needs!
isi7140 chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
SO nice to see Harry being all confident to the Dursleys, and I'm looking forward to seeing his visit with Dudley!
JetLaBarge chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
To Northumbrian,

Well, I was wrong. Harry and Ginny are not announcing their engagement.

I can really understand Ginny having no comprehension of how bad the Dursley family was to Harry.

I think you have Vernon and Petunia right, too. There is really no redeeming feature to Vernon. I picture him the same way you do, and a middle aged man who is always angry and who is a prime candidate for a heart attack and early death. Loved the way Harry put Vernon down. Petunia is more nuanced, though. You get the feeling that she could at least sort of accept Harry if not for Vernon.

I can’t imagine them making love, although if Vernon wanted it I can imagine something like spousal rape.

Dudley was starting to change in the books. I find it interesting, in the modest amount of fan fiction I have read, how others handle Dudley. I know I would like him to be redeemed. He suffered under Vernon too. It was a different kind of abuse, but it was abuse.

Love the motorcycle. An old Triumph really is a British classic. It was fun having a girl on the back on one! Real inconspicuous, riding a noisy very old but meticulously rebuilt motorcycle. Reminds me of the scene in Strangers, when Harry made his first entrance at James school.

JetLaBarge
GinLoran chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
Wonderful! I can't wait to see the meeting with Dudley. A fun read as always!
GinLoran chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
I loved this! Great job once again N :-). The sense of Privet drive and its residents is just wonderful, and I especially love the perception of Ginny's "unnecessarily vibrant and blatantly red hair." You did actually make me laugh out loud! Cannot wait to see where this is going. Kudos once again!
Sunshine72 chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
I like it. I can't wait for the Dudley-Harry reunion. Thanks!
scrappy8 chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
great chapter now on to Dudley
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
"North" You would have Petunia describe it like that wouldn't you. Don't know what she's got a against Newcastle, it's a lovely place, especially Tynemouth. Then again she's probably one of those people who refuses to go North of Watford without holiday jabs.

I do wonder how you will handle Dudley. He was a git like his parents but unlike them he was a child for most of it, so he may have grown up.

Look forward to the Auror investigation, hope Fenella didn't get into to much trouble from Harry's git (well maybe semi-git) of a boss. Oh yeah I read the last bit of Hunters and Prey it was good, Would Dennis still be in Hogwarts at this point? Ordinarily he should have finished school the previous year, but that's assuming he wasn't held back a year while the Death Eaters ran the Ministry.
MHood80 chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
What a great chapter! Harry finally confronts Uncle Vernon and proves that he can't be bullied anymore. Ginny was fantastic in this, with her support and her explanation to Harry about why the Dursley's are miserable. Showing the change that has apparently come over Dudley was great too. But I'm afraid Vernon is a lost cause! Excellent Job! Can't wait for more!
potternut190 chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
Possibly the best bit was:
'Remember the flying motorbike I once told you I'd dreamt about, Uncle Vernon?' he asked. 'It's parked outside.'

Loved it!
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Loved the vivid start to the new story! Can't wait to see what comes next for the nosy neighbors on Privet Drive! Looks like the Dursleys will reap what they've sown with the troublemaking persona they gave Harry way back then...and Harry riding up on a motorcycle just adds to that image they already have, oh the horrors! lol
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Excellent opening to a new story, a brilliant description of a typical suburban English weekend idyll being disrupted by the arrival of a 'disruptive element'. :o) This promises to be yet another excellent story and to tie up the loose ends around one of the most tragic deaths at the Battle of Hogwarts. I'm anticipating great things of this tale and I'm sure it won't disappoint!
tybeaniebabiesgirl chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Wow a great start really draws ya in.
jessicamakayla23 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014