Reviews for Friends and Foes
Guest chapter 3 . 8/21/2015
75% of all wizards and witches under the age of 21 bought a mirror phone? Seems unlikely. I hope they at least have a toy version for the toddlers. :-)

Great story can't wait for the ending.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
I'm thinking gardens are a metaphor.
Fibinaci chapter 10 . 8/5/2015
This has been nice prequel so far, with many things to recommend it, not the least of which being your honesty with the characters and their development or lack thereof. The scene with Lavender has been the best one so far, very few canon pairing authors treat the trio so honestly, and often fall to bashing the people who were obstacles to said couples, with mainly Lavender, and often Cho, taking the brunt. But here you had a scene showing just how far Harry and Ron had still to go at this point. Good as well was you showing Lavender as a competent and contributing member of the team, something you also do very will with nearly all of them in "Drakeshaugh."
Vento-del-Sud chapter 10 . 7/23/2015
Oh, brilliant, as always. This chapter is full of magic – I really liked the way the Aurors enchanted the parchment and the description of the Portkey office. Just imagined how much trouble it could be to deal with the floo network blocked by a wrongly transported cabinet or a bookshelf :)
Just like in “Strangers” it’s nice to look at the magic world through the eyes of a muggle. Bobbie has the nerve to aсcept the situation and to offer her insight. I liked the way she shared her knowledge of DNA with the Minister, too.
But in this last chapter Lavender is the hit! Her manner of behaviour may be a bit irritating, but I can’t but admire her way of playing the fool. She could have made a brilliant actress. She still doesn’t deserve hugs from Harry on a regular basis (unlike Luna), but I think in a way she can be just as straightforward and shrewd as Luna. And her phrase about mentioning to Bobby that she was a werewolf was just hilarious. The wheelchair and her ex-es make it a little bit sad, but we know that Mark Moon is there somewhere :)
Thank you for this chapter!
PrincessSkywalkerOrgana chapter 10 . 7/17/2015
That is a great chapter. I like how you use Lavender here.
Oriondruid chapter 10 . 7/13/2015
Excellent, as usual.
I like the information on how the Portkey Office works, particularly the business side of the operation.
It might have been fun to do a short bit about Bobbie being 'introdiced' to the wonders of Diagon Alley, but as that part of Jo's original story covered Harry's reaction well, so perhaps it would have been a bit 'redundant' to make it much of a factor. But I'm looking forward to Bobbie questioning Draco, that stuck up cowardly 'pureblood' being interrogated by a muggle! I'm sure they'll get on 'like a house on fire', yeah sure they will! :o)
Lavender is 'playing' Astoria about Daphne brilliantly and it looks like it might well prove very useful in gaining vital information. Can't wait for the next chapter.
By the way, sorry this review took a few days, Vodaphone's dongle still plating me up and their website is still faulty.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
dmrahn chapter 10 . 7/12/2015
I have been enjoying this work a lot. The writing is clean and fluid. The word flow is easy to follow, but not simplistic or, dare I say, stupid. No Northumbrian has done a wonderful job capturing the wonder of J.K.'s works and taken them in an interesting direction. Besides that all I can say is that she, I'm assuming North is a she, is a very good writer. Very few grammatical errors, very clear imagery, all around good writing. As for constructive criticism, I would suggest she work on her "plot lines" as in the Theatre term for lines of dialogue that further the plot in a positive direction. Like I said I enjoy reading this quite a bit and I can't wait for the next chapter.
randomfantast chapter 10 . 7/12/2015
Another lovely chapter in this exiting mysterious story! It is a great combination of suspense and light reading. I like the way your portray the characters, it is both very close to the books and more mature and grown up, which seems realistic. I also love the new characters and characters that are not portrayed in depth in the books, such as Lavender. You really make them come to life. Thank you for the story, I really enjoy it.
Just William chapter 10 . 7/11/2015
Another masterful update - thanks.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/11/2015
I love your stories! Especially excited to see where this one goes. Thank you for writing!
memnarch chapter 10 . 7/10/2015
Quite a few more POVs than you usually do per chapter. Loved seeing the Aurors orchestrate Lavender's meeting with Astoria. They played Draco like an instrument. Lavender herself was also quite crafty in how she manipulated their conversation.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 10 . 7/9/2015
So Lucius walks again! With another version of the "weak minded" defense. Grrr.

Entertaining chapter. Thanks for the update.
potternut190 chapter 10 . 7/7/2015
Something tells me, once the case is done, that Harry will be glad George built a blocking feature into the mirror phone with Miss Ebhart now in his contact list.

Great fun having Bobbie finally spot Draco ("you're nicked!" Ha!) and Ron dragging him in.
Charybdis2 chapter 10 . 7/7/2015
Simply the best story on ffnet.
So many layers to this story and as always, leaving me wanting more.
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 10 . 7/7/2015