Reviews for Friends and Foes
Excellent chapter as usual
moozga chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
Great chapter, as usual!
nanaeleanor chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
One of the difficulties in writing is that you're supposed to 'show' not 'tell.' But of course you must tell in order to show. There must be enough text for the reader to see what you want them to understand, but still allow them to infer or grasp the situation on their own. You are very good at this. You provide plenty of entertaining detail without telling us what to think. I appreciate how you seldom waste an opportunity to include a peripheral scene or character without making it feel unnecessary. I also like the creative ways you explain some of the magic they use. Also, kudos on finding a way to stick in the word 'susurrus' without a Slytherin in sight.
Iwik chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
O wow, at first I thought Bobbie and Ron were just screwing up the case to annoy Draco but this was very well played. Harry better explain to Ginny what a sexy girl is doing in his Mirrorphone from work hahaha. Great chapter as always.
yiota146 chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
Thank you for the update!

I really like your Auror Trainee Lavender Brown. That is one woman who knows how to use all the weapons in her arsenal in order to get what she wants, but soon she'll have to realise that reasonable arguments work better than acting like a little girl. Of course there are times when being a chatterbox is the best approach to keep people off stride. One question though: if Lavender's mother and Astoria's father are siblings, then aren't Lavender and Astoria first cousins instead of second?

I suppose Ron got to kill plenty of birds with one stone: he gave Lavender the opportunity to talk to Astoria, he publicly humiliated Draco, he annoyed Draco, I can't believe the goblins were thrilled to have to reschedule their appointment, and he gave Bobbie the chance to question her prime suspect. I hope what Astoria told Draco about Ron being jealous was just to stroke his ego, and not because she's delusional!

Poor Harry! What some people understand under "discretion"! I'd feel bad for Abigail and the yelling she'll get from her mother, but she's got it coming!

I'm looking forward to the next update!
Siege43 chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
Thank you for your work. I celebrate every time I see something new from you.
Slaidback chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
I always get stupidly excited when I see your story alert come into my inbox. You write beautifully, this fantasy crime track you've going works well with your writing, keep up the good work.
BeckNiece chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
I read lots of HP fanfiction and as usual, yours is the best.

Thank you for updating. And have a great week. :-)
illjwamh chapter 10 . 7/6/2015
The whole mirrorphone bit gave me a good laugh. And Lavender is once again brilliant.
Cypress98 chapter 10 . 7/5/2015
This chapter made me miss the Marauders minus 1 (one).
Astoria as really smitten to Draco, but too weak personality wise for my taste, which is obviously Draco's preference. The trophy wife.
I agree that Ron was being a bully here, I'm disappointed.
I'll be interesting to read Bobbie's POV upon entering Diagon Alley.
keeptheotherone chapter 10 . 7/5/2015
Yep, that's Lavender's value to the Auror office-she's brilliant at information. Even if she does get on my nerves. George needling Ron about not being able to keep up with Hermione made me laugh, and I loved the detailed info about Portkeys. Poor Harry, I've got a feeling he's going to have to change Mirrorphone numbers after this case ;)
Lilyp chapter 10 . 7/5/2015
Brilliant! Ron just needs to be himself to create an excuse to split Draco and Astoria and allow Lavender to "bump into" her cousin. And Lavender was perfect, just like Ginny predicted.
MuggleCreator chapter 10 . 7/5/2015
Nice chapter. Ron, you had too much fun winding Draco up there...
Clell65619 chapter 10 . 7/5/2015
Without a doubt you write the most three dimensional Lavender of anyone in fan fiction. Very well done.
The Three Stoogies chapter 10 . 7/5/2015
a good chapter cant wait to read more
387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »