Reviews for Resurrection
Doranwen chapter 1 . 8/22/2018
Awwww, love this. McSwarek is the best. :)
xIAmAlsoAWe chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Love this! Your writing is fantastic!
jh126 chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Yep! Another good one! Liked it alot!
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Damn straight, they're each other's stories.
slm37 chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, better late than never, eh?
Here was the start of my initial review, written right after I read through the 1st time:
SIGH! WWOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO! YOU'RE BACK, YOU'RE BACK! .AWESOME. I'M SLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEDDDDDDD! Loved the Einstein quote. perfect:) Love the parallel of you writing this in the near-dark as sam makes his way out of the dark, into the light and then, finally to color-his life with Andy in it:) YES!

and then I think I fell asleep or something, and days passed, and well. . .

So, FINALLY, here's the rest of it:
Darcy, Darcy, Darcy-SIGH. You're brilliant, but you know that, right?! :) We all know that. Your muse knows that and I'm so glad she decided to whisper in your ear when you were sitting around a campfire. (Unless the near dark you wrote this in was you sitting in a tent w/ a headlamp?) Whatever, I like the campfire image, so I'm going with that, lol!

In college, I had an English/Women's Studies prof that I simply adored. She was a wonderful, charismatic(yet soft spoken) storyteller. Often, when she would tell us a story, everyone in class was so intently listening(because of her low volume AND the mesmerizing way she had of telling it)you could hear a pin drop. Her soft voice would grow more quiet as the story progressed, and by the end, you'd find yourself leaning foward in your seat, ears perked, eyes wide, (sometimes, maybe, a small swallow to wet that tiny spot in your throat that had gone dry w/ anticipation), a slight hollow of excitement in your tummy, (maybe, just maybe, some withholding of breath), waiting for those final words that left her lips on barely a whisper. She'd finish, and you'd sigh, sit back and feel delightfully sated, happily full, (eyes possibly a little glassy), (perhaps, too, your head a little dizzy from the etherealness of it all), heart utterly swollen w/ the beauty and poetry of her words, the timbre of her voice, the way it all fit together and sung to your soul.

THAT my friend is how I felt when reading this. Sigh. Lovely. THANK YOU! PLEASE, DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN, DEAR GODDESSES OF THE UNVERSE, LET US SEE THIIIIISSSSSSSS IN 501. I want to quote every line-your turn of phrase, everything, it was all so pitch perfect, but I will stop before this review gets any longer!

As always, can't wait for more-can't wait to be leaning forward in my seat once again(and everything that goes along with that) :)
radleyboo chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
OKIE DOK, FINALLLLY getting my lazy ass up to give you a proper review.

FIRST OF ALL: Welcome bAAACK, buddy. I think we were too easy on you, should've given you a little more hell for not staying. But we're like Sam in 3x01-pushovers. Just don't do it again, okay? We don't want to fake it with Cruz. She's boring.

Or well, not boring, but you know. Not messy and complicated the way we like it.

MOVING ON.

I fucking hate you for the cleaning reference. You're the absolute WORST. VOMIT AND BLOOD. THE SMELL OF BLEACH. My poor, poor Samuel. I just want to wrap him up in a giant hug. All the damn time. (Benjamin, too. Especially after seeing clips of that one movie of his...)

Ollie and his stale loaf of bread. Was Celery behind that? I feel like there should be a fic for the Shaw girls AND Sam's reaction to Ollie and Celery. I think it would be the funniest thing.

Of course McNally never told Sam what that scent was. He already knows too much, just by reading her. Idjit.

HE MISSED HER KNUCKLES. HER KNUCKLES. Sam you fucking fool. Look what you've done. Now go win her back. Chop, chop.

And how it feels like quicksand when he tries to tell her everything :(

(totally remember the foot fetish thing from another one of your fics. I think I deserve brownie points. Cookie points work, too)

IF HE WAS HANGING OVER A CLIFF EDGE HE'D BE IN THE BEST HANDS. AND HE'S SO GRATEFUL THAT SHE'S THE LAST AND FIRST THING HE SAW AMIDST ALL THIS CHAOS. SAM SAM SAAAAM. SO MANY SAM FEELS.

The eyes that have given him the only home that ever made sense. THE ONLY HOME. SAMMY. YOU'LL GET TO KEEP HER AND HAVE KIDS WITH HER AND HAVE A PROPER HOME AND FEEL LOVED AND KNOWN. I promise, buddy. (In my alternate universe, of course. Who knows what TPTB have planned on this show? Not quite sure I want to know...)

SHE'S THERE AND SHE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS THE BEST STORY EVER AND SHE'S HIS. SHE'S HIS STORY.

And their cute little GRINNNNS, *happy sigh*

AADSFGHJK. More, please?

(I'd leave a saner review but you know it isn't my thing. Not about that life. although, the one sane thing I'll say is that I LOVEDDD the syntax [i'm preparing for my english class, dammit] and how it's going one line per paragraph and ALL THE FEEEEELS. So many feels. )
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
ah so sweet if we get only a half of this we will be happy for s5
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
so glad you're back!
Wren chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
You are back. Great one shot.
Sorcha-ni-riain chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Brilliant. Great to see you writing again! You give great descriptions & evoke such feeling without stuffing the page with fluffy language. Awesome as always.
Fanfictionlover77 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Beautiful! Just perfect!
subsidingchaos chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Darcy is BACK! Just...too excited for words here. You're hiatus was harder to take than the show's for sure.
But let's start with the title here, shall we? Resurrection. Yes. Raising from the dead, rebirth, a starting over - all things Sam is poised for this season. He has learned the needed lessons and is ready to begin again.
And everything you wrote about his senses coming into awareness? That has been how he always is and always will be about Andy McNally. Any unhappiness he has is a direct result of denying those senses and what he has always known as truth. Andy is his life. (And he hers).
On to the resurrection, I say - we are all ready to witness that miracle.
p.s. Don't think I didn't take note the title coincides with your own returning to us as well.
linda p chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Awwww, thank you for writing something for us. I hope we can get another one out of you. Missed you.
MP31 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
What a great moment. Awesome.
bacio4hope chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Beautiful, let's hope that is this seasons first scene!