Reviews for Fuit Quondam
the61scissors chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
This is a really fine fic. It's good to see things from Connie's perspective. I think it was also a good call to make Vito Carmela apathetic about Carlo's abuse. Just because the family wasn't quite as bad as the others doesn't mean they can't have some poor ideas on abuse.
ravenpuffwudgie chapter 1 . 11/5/2016
brilliant
the4elements chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
This story is wonderful. It is really well-written, and really interesting. I never really imagined Connie as such a person. I never really cared about her. But reading about how a woman would feel like and such a world, and getting to know more about Connie's relationship with her brothers was really interesting.

I wish the Godfather was a more popular fandom.
clover-blossom chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
This was so well done- great insight into Connie and Michael, and really all the characters you touch on. Would love to read more of your work.
HermioneHitchens chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
Your story is great! I loved all of it *-*
the13thgraduate chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
I got chills...this was that good.
SweetXscape chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
This was amazing. More please xx
cjhines chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Beautiful story! It's nice to see another perspective on the Godfather characters
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
This is amazing.
Alais Kingsleigh chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
It is such a wonderfully crafted story which is deeply rooted in the canonical text of The Godfather. This is one of the best fan fiction stories I've ever read.
strawberriesapples chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Wow, this is great! I loved how you got into the complexity that is the Corleones, and so subtly too. Wonderful ficlets!
Greaser's Palace chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
I felt like I was walking into a cross between a neonoir novel and a potential Mario Puzo script. What you've done here touches on intricacies in the godfather that many could never hope to recreate and your work is crafted beautifully. Bravo to you my friend.
sm4567 chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I can describe the emotions that went through me when I finalle read it. Dark, gripping and insightful story all the way through. It was almost like I just read a companion piece to Connie's character from the Godfather movies, with some input from the original Mario Puzo novel, because I don't recall Mama Corleone's name from the movie, they never stated what her real name was in the films.

You have done a very good job in capturing Connie's struggles within the Corleone family and how at times she must have loathed being subjected to the violence of it, but there's nothing she could do about it, or it would be the wrong thing according to the eyes of Vito Corleone himself. I can tell the respect you showed for the original stories and now I find it hard to watch the trilogy without seeing this played in my head, especially, at the end of Gofather II, with only Michael's face filling the frame and left you wondering a bit about what went on some days after he personally dealt with Fredo at Lake Tahoe.

I like the glimmer of hope you added at the end, with her insisting that they should return to New York and Michael being hesitant about it at first, though he doesn't rule out trying to go there. Even if the outcome is probably filled by the additional non Puzo-authored sequel novels, or the third movie, I still love the way you handled them in that last part.

I shouldn't really hope that you have plans for a possible sequel to this, or a story dealing with the Corleones during the era of Godfather Part III, but it would be nice if you had something in the works.

Again, I really loved seeing her viewpoint and her relationship with her brothers and family through the years, amidst the family business and all that jazz. I was immensely fortunate to find the time to read it, and I didn't regret any moment of it. It delivered something that other Godfather don't have and I often wished they could.
Bottom line, I don't understand why any real love for the Godfather though good writing and solid plot-lines.
I don't quite understand it, but it was good to read something that wasn't necessarily the norm of how one writes such stories. Which is why I still hope you have plans for another Godfather one-shot like this one.

Anyway, thanks a lot and take care.

Happy New Year, even if it's belated.
sm4567.