Reviews for Ace of Hearts
zuphie chapter 1 . 6/23
I don't know if you're asexual or know someone or maybe just know a lot about asexuality, but as an asexual individual, I feel like you caught so much of what I feel in a relationship in one little story and it was beautiful. It almost made me cry and strangely, seeing someone else put words to all of that... I feel better. So thank you.
KioshiUshima chapter 1 . 2/17
As an asexual myself, who tried to be sexual with and for a partner; I know these feels, Sirius. That fear of them leaving you is a real thing, man. And it's painful when it happens, because really as much as it's not your fault, you can't stop thinking it is. If you weren't broken, if you could just suck it up, if you'd just let them do it... but you can't. Thank you for writing this. It's probably the best example of how an asexual would react with their partner. I know I can hardly open mouth kiss without wanting to gag, and while getting my partner off was doable enough, I couldn't let them touch my own genitals. Just. Nope. Thanks again.
JBubbles chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Aw that was lovely! And it was good to read about asexuality in this site!
InkedBaby chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
i kind of really liked that the issue wasn't competely resolved at the end. not only does it leave the additional progress up reader interpretation, it makes it seem more real. this was really sweet, and the amounts of love was unreal.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I absolutely love the way you portrayed sirius and their relationship. I love that you never faltered with sirius being asexual (I hate it when people solve the problem by getting rid of it) and found a lovely, realistic solution to their problems, while making it fluffy and OMGILOVETHISSODUCKINGMUCHYOUAREBEATIFUL
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Thank you.

I needed a good ACE fic and you wrote it.
Emberstar359 chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
I'm not sure I've ever seen a romance story centered around an asexual character. It's really refreshing to see an asexual character in a loving happy relationship. And you even went out of your way to show that Remus didn't think there was anything wrong with Sirius for it. The love and understanding between those two is just... Marvelous. There were so many parts of the story where conflict could have arisen but it just... Didn't. Because Remus loved Sirius unconditionally. It was heart warming. Had that been all there was to it I would have loved this, but the final scene makes it all the sweeter. I was kinda worried that it would go in the stereotypical "happy ending" direction that someone who really didn't understand asexuality would go with: that they'd have sex because loving Remus somehow made Sirius ok with it. But you didn't. Sirius and Remus found a way to please each other without either of them having to step outside their comfort zones. And that's the most satisfying ending I could ever hope for.
Sofia chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
I'm sad that it didn't have a completely happy ending but for the circumstances Sirius was in I guess he did have a happy ending. Great job with this, you wrote it beautifully and I think you're great at writing wolfstar altogether.

Thanks for the great read!
pink.chocolate.unicorn chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Lovely! :)
anasexualreader chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
UM, WHY DOES THIS NOT HAVE MORE REVIEWS? This is one of the BEST fics featuring asexuality that I've read in a long time! Heck, this might be the best SBLR fic I've read in a while too! It was well constructed and it flowed seamlessly and you got their characterizations down pat. Remus's voice was especially spot on; it was crystal clear in my head. Sirius, though? Your portrayal of him and how he changed because of Azkaban was BRILLIANT. It is also my new head-canon.

I know you mentioned that you don't like SBLR but I hope you'll write another fic for them in the future, or just ANY asexual fic, really, because there's not enough good ones. Thanks for this.
buggie21 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I wasn't expecting this fic to be as sexy as it is. Very different RxS fic, and very well-written!
Birdgirl204 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
I really enjoyed this!
IntenslyHonest chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Beautifully written, and you really did awesome with the characters, the issues, and the problem solving. It was a great read.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I very much enjoyed this story. I like how you really delved into both Sirius' and Remus' situations. The change in Sirius from his teenage self to the clean freak that developed after Azkaban was very real and understandable. His frustration with his new mindset and its effect on his relationship with Remus really stood out, and Remus' somewhat misguided approach to addressing the problem as well as how they dealt with it resonated well. I like how this story showed that not only is sex not the most important thing in a relationship (rather, intimacy with one's partner is a much bigger necessity), but also that opening up and being honest with each other can lead to heightened trust and healing. Thank you for sharing!