Reviews for You Got a Problem with Schnapps?
chrisrose chapter 2 . 11/12/2013
I discovered and enjoyed this years ago on another Chloe-related fanfic archive. At last I'm registered here, have found it again, and can give some belated feedback. I'm sorry it took so long.

How can I begin to describe how happy this story makes me? :) It is truly one of my very favorite Chlex fics! It's obvious you're a fan of classic screwball comedies (as am I), and not just because you mention legendary icons of the genre like Carole Lombard and Kate Hepburn. Your writing is delightfully zany and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a professional writer now. At least, you should be, but Hollywood just ain't what it used to be in the 1930s. Well, us lucky fanfic readers get to enjoy your wit, anyhow. :)

Y'know, I used to wish the show would do an episode set in the '30s (however they could contrive it) just so we could see Chloe be a reporter in that era. She already seems to belong there. Female characters were stronger and smarter back then. (And of course, Lois Lane of the comics *was* partly based on '30s actresses who played gutsy reporters... Lola Lane and Glenda Farrell...both stars of the "Torchy Blane" film series.)

*** ATTENTION: READERS OF THIS REVIEW: please don't read my spoilers below if you haven't read the fic yet... READ THE FIC FIRST! I don't want to spoil the effect! ***

I love everything...Chloe's oh-so-relatable thoughts about the other girls at the slumber party (this is why we love her, right? She's not the "typical" girl), her watermelon obsession (how I laughed when she told it, "You're coming with me.") - the way you described Lex's reactions to her... his understandable reluctance to come to her aid (and Chloe giving him lots of credit for doing so), Lex's relief that she wasn't a flirty drunk, his admiration of her high IQ and vocab skills, even while under the influence. And your subtle hints that he might just fall for her in the future. (Of course he will!) I could go on and on listing highlights.

It's fanfics like yours that really ease the pain of how Chloe & Lex were mistreated by Smallville's writers. Thanks to you I can imagine them living in a wacky world where everyone gets a happy ending... and drunks are always comical, never sad. ;) Just like in those great old movies. Chloe & Lex are recognizably in character, but you created a more innocent (by that I mean, youthful and unencumbered by angst), carefree version of them, which I really love.

Your story means a lot to me, silly as that might sound. I consider it a classic in the Smallville/Chlex fandom. I wish you'd come back and write more. But I know I can always re-read this one and it never loses it's impact. I laugh every time. Thank you!
shallowness chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Oh wow, I felt for Chloe in the torment of the girlie sleepover. The colour theme and Chloe's drunken state made this...psychadelic, really, but I loved the Chloe-Lex interaction.
RedBrunja chapter 2 . 2/28/2011
This was fun!
Tanschana chapter 2 . 1/13/2011
Brilliant!
khushiyan chapter 2 . 7/9/2007
Aw! Bless you Lexy! My hero!
SeasonVelvet chapter 2 . 9/10/2006
THE END?

You have GOT to be kiddig me.

Oye Vey.

The thing's readers have to go through. The heartbreak, the killing anticiapation, the soul squashing dissappointment . . .

Have you ever felt that when you read somthing you start to feel like they do? Well, I do. Right now I feel like Chloe. Jacked up on shnapps or whatever. It's weird . . .

Ya got a got a got a make an uh updaeet!

Like that song
LastScorpion chapter 2 . 3/26/2006
This is hilarious and wonderful! I loved it!
jaxie926 chapter 2 . 6/15/2005
this is hilarious! amazing! i laughed my ass off.
The Die Hard chapter 2 . 3/14/2005
Hee-hee-hee-hee-hee! Found this over on the TWoP rec site (thank you, Mattie Joe) and it was well worth the hunting time. What a perfect extrapolation! Small town sleepover party with local rich boy right to the edge of caricature, but not over it. Characterizations nailed to a T. (Understated Lana is almost bearable.) Chloe and the watermelon had me scaring the cats. You must have done quite a bit of research on teenage girls on their first drunks, because Chloe's in vino veritas was classic. (Do watermelons even grow in Kansas? Who cares?) And of course Lex saves the day. Clark would have just screwed it up. If you ever care to do a follow-up, the idea of everyone trying to meet everyone else's eyes at school on Monday would be something I'd trust to no other hands but yours. Thanks for a great read!
Sarah chapter 2 . 9/18/2004
I loved your story. Just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed it.
deichtine chapter 2 . 5/24/2004
Okay, I'm running out of effusive things to say, but I'm going to keep hunting down your stories and reading them, because I'm having more fun than I've had in ages. Finally, someone who writes humor really intelligently!
KawaiiRyu chapter 2 . 11/16/2003
Drunk Cloe is so amusing! I love her ending line-so like her! I don't suppose you are going to write a sequel, ne?
krahmogh chapter 2 . 6/3/2003
This story was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. I loved the part where she reminded Lex that he had to think about coming back for her. That was great! Please write more stories.
Celli chapter 2 . 11/11/2002
*dies laughing* Death by Sleepover. I love it!
Shadow chapter 2 . 10/7/2002