Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
annony chapter 1 . 8/7
Which chapters mention the female mc?
Which chapters is the female Mc mentioned?
jalen johnson chapter 22 . 8/7
Wow this chapter was great loved how Gyro remained calmed when dealing with his shadow but once the shadow had dug up some painful memories even Gyro had lost his cool and the battle was awesome Yukiko was Badass this chapter her and Gyro past are pretty similar to each other honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they became a couple anyway great chapter man I can't wait for the next one.
jalen johnson chapter 17 . 8/3
And so it begins...good chapter man
jalen johnson chapter 15 . 8/3
This was a cool chapter its nice just to see them hang out with each other though I wish Johnny would be nicer to Yukiko but I understand why he like that one because of what her shadow said and plus he barely even talked to her he had spend more time with Chie and Yosuke then with her so its going to take some time for them to become fully friends. And based on the bonds with Kakoyin I assume he going to join team jojo really soon I can't for that to happen and what his persona is going to be.
RandomGuyonthestreet13 chapter 6 . 7/31
Something about the voices in the liquor store. I usually imagined it as what shadow Saki had said to the real Saki.
Where was only nice to him since he was the manager's son, and he took it the wrong way, but Saki had actually developed feelings for Yusuke, so when she was confronted, she couldn't help but deny the shadow, which lead to her death.
Count chaos chapter 1 . 7/26
Anyway, as for your latest chapter. Oh my god... It is AWESOME! You truly are back in full swing with this latest chapter that starts the videogame arc, aka, fish face butt monkey's Shadow realm. I love how you gave Rise plenty of screen time and action, since she can actually fight, just not as good as the rest of her friends. Still, it was nice to see... up till her arm got torn off. That was completely gruesome. I originally thought she lost a chunk of flesh, but her arm?! That's much worse. But thankfully, best adorable Bear comes to save the day and gives her a new arm with his persona. Which is good that he remembered that he's also a healer along with Yukiko. Also, nice touch with consistent character development with Gyro and Johnny, the former reaching his own "True Man's World" philospy on his own, while Johnny is still currently having confidence issues and worrying for his friends. Very nicely done, my friend. Very nicely done indeed! Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter! I look forward to see what kind of social links you have in store for us before heading back into the RPG dungeon! :D
the Zogg chapter 50 . 7/23
Finally got around to reading this.

Teddie's the White Mage! That pretty much makes him the MVP of the team now which is the exact opposite of useless in a crossover between JoJo's gorn and a RPGs endless hordes of monsters.

For the fight I will admit to having trouble following it, but I did feel a real sense of tension and escalating stakes because Rise losing her arm wasn't just for the sake of blood and gore but to show that Mitsuo's distorted desires have upped the stakes and this is a special case.

I also liked that the fight had a sense of movement and emotion to it and it had a narrative of Rise adapting to the battlefield. Reading Rise's POV during the fight reminded me how pretty much every Persona fights in fanfics feel like the two sides are just standing in one spot firing spells at each other while the villain just lets himself get hit.
CLZ chapter 50 . 7/22
I have a sinking feeling Johnny is going to try and get Teddie to give him a pair of new legs with that power and it'll bite him in the ass in more ways than one.
reven228 chapter 50 . 7/22
And with that, you've solved the maiming problem. Araki initially created characters that could heal so that he could create greater and more violent fights. With Teddy, you can cut, you can maim, and you can bring them somehow even closer to death without worry. I am so excited for the rest of this du geon, and I can't wait to see how it'll end. Especially with Johnny torn between wanting the case solved and having more time to walk. All and all, great chapter, keep goin and stay golden
Mugiwara N0 Luffy chapter 50 . 7/21
Hoo boy, talk about an intense chapter! Things really got out of hand there for a bit with poor Rise. It was cool to see her pull through in the end and make it out... well, alive at least. Can't really say unscathed though, lol.

And as it turns out, Teddie now has the power of Gold Experience! Who would have guessed on that one? XD Though I'm guessing this is more related to his ability to materialize something he puts enough thought into, which is quite terrifying if you think about it, though I guess even that's quite similar to Gold Experience in a sense as well.

No surprise that they would stop at this point. Rise was put through the wringer, that's for sure. No need to rush it like last time since, obviously, it's not to save someone. It's to catch a killer... even if it's not the killer everyone is thinking of. As I've said before , this is where I stopped in the story, so everything from here on aside from what's been spoiled is completely new to me. I look forward to finding out through this story :)

Keep up the good work and take care! I'm really looking forward to more!
Gundam Kaiser chapter 50 . 7/21
Shine on, you Crazy Diam- erm, Mellow Gold.

Anyway, it was really nice to see Rise get a chance to strut her stuff solo.
Elijew chapter 50 . 7/21
Believe me man, I am very interested in seeing more of this. I mean, I’ve only found this fic a month or two ago but I was hooked. If reviewing gives you that slightest bit more motivation, then I’ll do it. Keep up the good work.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 49 . 7/13
Great chapter, dude! I admit that I really didn't care much for the Marie stuff in previous chapters, but this one really made me feel for her. But hey, at least she now has a clue to her past.

And I'm interested in that Rise got herself a bat as a weapon. Hopefully, it'll serve her better than it initially did Chie and Yosuke.

I also love the bit at the Junes cosmetic department, especially Yosuke getting flustered about Johnny wearing lipstick. I am also not surprised by the fact that Mitsuo was a really shitty employee who didn't follow the golden rule of any business. Even I follow that, no matter how bad the job I work.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Mitsuo's dungeon, especially with the old school video game references that's bound to be inside. I would say more, but I have to go to work now. I look forward to the next chapter.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 48 . 7/11
Good chapter, dude. Really loved Johnny's shocked reaction to Chie liking horse meat, especially when Chie started to go on about recipes for horse meat.

And I really loved he second scene with Yosuke, especially both of them telling off the two employees, and Yosuke letting all out about how he still misses Saki and that her death is still affecting him. Poor dude.

And classes are over for the IT gang, and I'm surprised Johnny managed to make it into the Top 10 rankings. And I really loved everyone discussing going to the beach, I just find it sad that Johnny has never been to the beach.

And once again, the scene with Mitsuo and his Midnight Channel scene were really creepy. Kudos.

And I look forward to Mitsuo's dungeon.