Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
Hercules8 chapter 17 . 9/15/2017
Now I know that Johnny is the main character. But I like Gyro more! The reasons are that he is cool, funny, and nicer than Johnny.

I can't wait to see these two interact with each other! :)
Engineer4Ever chapter 44 . 9/15/2017
that ending just sends shivers up n down my spine dude. gd work!
Hercules8 chapter 12 . 9/14/2017
I love the fight scenes! They're very much like the fight scenes from JoJo Bizarre Adventures! :D
Hercules8 chapter 10 . 9/14/2017
I love the Chie Shadow Boss Fight; it was really cool! I also love Yosuke's battle cry and then doing the beat down. That was just AWESOME!

Keep up the amazing work! :D
Hercules8 chapter 7 . 9/14/2017
I'm just looking forward to when Johnny starts being nicer to people. :)
Hercules8 chapter 6 . 9/14/2017
Nice chapter! :D
the Zogg chapter 44 . 9/14/2017
This is an interesting and more relevant 'study for the test or we're boned' episode than most. I used to find this premise all the time on TV but it vanished from how stale it was but through your characters you made work. Johnny comes from such a neglectful environment that he could blow school off and anything he didn't really want to do. Of course, he projected his family issues onto Dojima again who does give a crap about Johnny giving this chapter the narrative links it needed not to be a series of random events.

Of course, I like how you bring up Kakyoin's feelings of isolation in Noriyuki and he is a 'what if' of what Kakyoin could have become without his Stand to give himself confidence, pride, and allow himself to exert his agency onto the world. Here, Noriyuki has no method of control over his life meaning his isolation takes a different from. Kakyoin was isolated by his power while Noriyuki is isolated by his LACK of it meaning his parents can control him and this in turn led to the obsession and addiction of the Devil Arcana.

Hmmm...looking back Chie has fallen out of focus during the fight scenes and I can see tht getting to her because she perceives her strength as her strong point and she doesn't want to fall into her toxic envy of Yukiko again as she's becoming stronger both as a person and in battle. At the same time I think Chie still has the best CONTROL of her Standsona; back in the Shadow Rise fight she figured out how summon only a part of her Persona which could lead to more advanced techniques like propelling and overshadowing yourself like Jotaro and DIO did. Heck, Kanji might benefit from learning how to only partially summon his Persona.

To finish things off as said on Spacebattles you just made Mitsuo a whole new level of creepy. I actually have trouble remembering him in canon because of how much of a Red Herring he was. I shall have no such problem here.
Count chaos chapter 44 . 9/14/2017
Okay so, I finished reading your newest chapter for ADKoT and I loved it! Despite understandably long wait, this was incredibly well written, well paced, and all around hit the right spots for another cool down chapter after the Shadow Teddie/Rise arc. Plus it touched in places that, while dark, are rather close to home in modern Japanese society. It really is tough for someone like Kakyoin to pushed into a corner were they are expected to do great when their minds are simply being overloaded with pressure. Hell that can also be said everywhere else! Point is, I feel you did a good job conveying to me, and other readers, how difficult it for Kakyoin in one simple seen while also having Johnny build a more solid bond with his friend over their parents being, well, horrible.

Also I really love the references from Rohan as I feel like he's subtly probing Johnny about the previous universe while simulataniously reminscing about the past. Very good touch there! As for Gyro and Rise, I feel like that you did an excellent job portraying how they are slowly moving past their previous mistakes and coming to their own conclusions. But this makes me wonder, are you going to have Ringo Roadagain show up and have him teach Gyro the "True Man's World"? I'm sure you can teach Gyro without him, and I will give you props if you did so, but I feel that Ringo is probably the best suited for the job as it is his philosophy that pushed Gyro into growing. Lastly, that ending was rather sinister and really creepy. Good job on that since I normally don't get creeped out by sociopaths talking about video games, but the way you did was excellently executed and made it feel... what's the word I'm looking for, menacing? Yes, let's go with that for now. Menacing a good word for that guy. I'm also assuming that's Kubo since he's the only one in Persona 4 who had a video game theme within the TV world.

In conclusion this is a really chapter and worth the wait! I can't wait for more of this and I hope more chapters will come out soon!
Hercules8 chapter 1 . 9/13/2017
So far, the story is cool! I can't wait to read more! :)
reven228 chapter 44 . 9/13/2017
Not gonna lie, I loved that ending with Mitsuo. His rather twisted mind is interesting to get a glimpse into, and his school shooter like personality is going to be pushed to the extreme this next arc as is the case with everyone in this story. As for Rohan, I'm interested in seeing what happens with him. He's given us this hint of knowing something more, and the more we interact with him, the more I'm convinced he is the actual Rohan from the JOJO series. After all, we already have Pucci, who's to say this isn't the world that Emporio arrived in at the end of part 6, or perhaps another alternate world. Anyway, I loved the whole chapter and I eagerly await the next chapter. Keep goin and stay golden
SkyRig chapter 44 . 9/13/2017
Damn...talk about heavy.

Now we're about to get into the Kubo Arc. Got I HATED that dungeon.
An avid fan chapter 1 . 8/31/2017
Hey, I just recently caught up with this story and I love it. A few things though. 1: Did you give up on this? It hasn't been updated since March. 2: Although you introduced Rina, I hoped that Johnny and Yukiko would get together. But you're the author so I'll enjoy it no matter what you plan to do. Keep up the good work!
Blue VanLocke chapter 8 . 7/18/2017
It is sad that you need to spell out 'These are people. They. Made. Mistakes. They have unlikable sides.'
Jajo Camello chapter 43 . 6/9/2017
Finally got caught up with fic before giving a proper review. This has to be one of the best crossovers I've seen from a Jojo series. From Johnny's and Gyro's banter, to the persona fights and even the small nods from jojo reverence are a treat. This chapter was great and it gave the characters time to relax from their ordeals. I do wonder why Axl Ro is here though? Not that I'm complaining but I do wonder if it hints to something else. He was a formidable person during part 7 when he had Civil War with him. I wonder if you will bring Diego Brando to this world too? Keep this fic going.
vincent the vizard chapter 43 . 5/6/2017
You sir, are a talented man. I've started reading this biblically in the past month and binge it from chapter 5 or so to 43. Hell, I think this is my new favorite fanfic. Also, the song rise was signing earlier, was that about Eddie Dean? Because if si, your about to see a 23 year old man cry from sheer memories of blue heaven
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »