Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
vincent the vizard chapter 43 . 5/6/2017
You sir, are a talented man. I've started reading this biblically in the past month and binge it from chapter 5 or so to 43. Hell, I think this is my new favorite fanfic. Also, the song rise was signing earlier, was that about Eddie Dean? Because if si, your about to see a 23 year old man cry from sheer memories of blue heaven
Ant Crown chapter 43 . 4/29/2017
The IT desperately needs a Cleric.

I wonder how Rohan knows those names because they really shouldn't exist.

I really like who you chose as far as Joestar considering: Jonathan Superman, Joseph would've figured out who the killer was*, Jotoro is debatable along with Josuke who had to have a tragedy to even get involved, Gio always wanted to be a Gangster**,and Joleyne was drawn in when Pucchi made it his business to do so.

*its Joseph.
** Goodfellas reference (Sorry not Sorry)
Watermelon Shark chapter 4 . 4/26/2017
You know, a lot of the people who read this, probably had no knowledge of Jojo, I am the opposite, I don't know Persona at all.
Emperor Rance chapter 43 . 4/18/2017
I wanted to write this to be constructive. This story is clearly a labor of love. Johnny Joestar is an interesting contrast/foil to Yu Narukami in Persona 4 and their personalities clash differently with the characters in the story. The story is mature with good humor and drama that doesn't feel contrived and has a ton of mystery that has yet to be revealed much like JoJolion. The fights with the Persona Stands are fun to read and quite easy to visualize and imagine. At the risk of sounding premature with my criticism, I just wanted to highlight what I have been feeling in regards to the story.

I understand that ADKT is a fusion fic that has the setting of Persona 4 but with JoJo characters. However with the large cast of characters from both stories the story just feels bloated overall and the plot progression of the main story arc just feels very slow, as you take the time to explore all of the characters and their relationships with each other to ensure they get a spot in the limelight.

However ADKT instead of being a crossover just comes out as a retelling of Steel Ball Run but with Johnny Joestar in Persona 4. But the story feels predictable as we know how SBR ends and what happens to certain characters. The story loses a lot of suspense since we have a general idea of what happens. Even though the shadow fights are dangerous and our characters get injured at times, I don't get the sense of doom looming over the characters over who might die or lose a limb. Its feels aggravating when you describe a character get severely injured and bleeding everywhere but at soon as they make it back home, they largely recover from their injuries with any hardly consequences. Not to mention we revisit the same series of events that occurred in Persona 4 but with Johnny. I'm not asking you turn this story into grim-dark like Game of Thrones where people constantly dying. But these are teenagers dealing with dangerous shadows out in the TV world. Even Diamond is Unbreakable, arguably the lightest friendly part of JoJo had some casualties on the heroes side as they dealt with Kira.

Even though the setting is in Japan, many characters show up from SBR that arguably have no reason being there. I understand it needs to happen for the sake of the plot but it feels annoying. Johnny has to do the same thing that Yu did in Persona 4, I understand that there are some differences with characters that Johnny has relations with but it still feels largely the same.

Overall it feels like a mix of joy and dread when I read a chapter of ADKT as opposed to An Unorthodox Thief that flows more quickly and the story feels balanced with being bogged down with all of the characters that are present in the story.
Laryna6 chapter 43 . 4/16/2017
Interesting. The POV character makes the tone very different from P4s. Feels a bit more like the mainline SMTs.
Kagemoto chapter 3 . 4/15/2017
MINAKO?! THE JOESTARS?! IS IT MARIE OR NAOTO? Good Job i like it
Imperial warlord chapter 1 . 4/10/2017
Interesting story.
ExiledLagacy chapter 43 . 4/7/2017
Can't wait to see look on Johnny and Gyro faces in Teddie's human form.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2017
Honestly this fic is getting more and more better each update. I hope we see more cameos or characters like pocoloco or stands like civil war keep it up it's great !
Mugiwara N0 Luffy chapter 43 . 4/2/2017
This was a really good chapter, a nice breath of fresh air after all that fighting and drama between the team and Gyro. Thankfully things have been repaired between the three, and they can go back to having fun and working together like usual. And of course Gyro showing off what a slick guy he is to Johnny and Yukiko was pretty awesome.

It was also nice to see Johnny and Dojima somewhat developing their relationship further. Johnny gives him a lot of crap despite the fact that it's not entirely Dojima's fault. Sure, he should definitely be stronger for Nanako, but he's not really over losing his wife either. Hopefully they can come to a greater respect of one another soon.

I look forward to the next chapter, not sure if it'll be another one spent developing his social links or a bit more progression in the story now that Rise is officially part of the group, but either is fine with me. I hope you don't get too caught up in Persona 5 like I've been with a bunch of other games, but hey. Nothin you can do about it. A good game is a good game XD great job, I look forward to more!
Crimson-Sorcerer chapter 43 . 3/31/2017
This fic is getting better each update. Thx for the work.
Omegamorph chapter 43 . 3/28/2017
Seems mostly about the Social Links here, but good progression. Neat cameos from both Persona and SBR in this one.
Mingyu chapter 43 . 3/28/2017
Whew! Sure am glad they cleared the air there! That was a nice bit of development. Not too fast, didn't skip important parts, and added some suspense. I liked all the Social Link segments. Especially since Johnny seems to be doing somewhat better with other people...or at least, he knows when he's being too rude.

Thanks for the chapter!
the Zogg chapter 43 . 3/27/2017
A breather chapter after the heavy drama action action of Shadow Rise and Teddie, understandable, though a lot of the Social Links such as Dojima, Nanako, Yukiko, and Aika felt very "In the middle" I guess fitting the breather because a lot of the Social Links seem to be on the brink of a more serious arc, but fittingly they're transitioning to the next step.

Though I do consider the Not-IT cutting school to be justified in this case, they got flayed alive against Shadow Rise and that reason sadly won't fly.

Despite Johnny progressing Gyro's Social Link at the cafe it felt more more like he bonded more with Yukiko because they both showed a similar "Commit 110% percent belief" with hunger there and were pretty united and they gained a bit more of a rapport going into Sayaka's Link.

And of course, Axl RO. This Axl never gained is Stand and given that this is the modern day so my guess is that he was dishonorably discharged for negligence in the army when he slacked off while on tour in Afghanistan or something like that leading to a tragedy happening.
Count chaos chapter 43 . 3/27/2017
I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter from beginning to end. I found the part where Johnny being sick, along with everyone else, pretty funny, but also kind of nice to see him bonding with Aiki and Nanako, especially little Nanako. Dojima of course needed some bonding as well, despite his obvious detectiving with his nephew, but hey, like Johnny said, he is trying. On a side note, if he starts playing "Tusk" at one point on his music player, I would like to think he immediately jumps to Tusk Act 4 by the sheer awesome of the song and being its influence for his Stand in the first place. Also I can totally see Johnny playing hooky from time to time, at least when he is feeling sick or wanting to get away from reporters.

Also him talking to Yukiko and Gyro was really good to see, especially patching up the latter's bond with the crippled youth. Though I wonder what Johnny will think when Yukiko starts speaking that she wants to stay in the inn after all. I kind forgot that Chie likes rap music, now I can't stop thinking of her rapping.

The finale of the chapter was also really freaking awesome as we see Gyro use what he learned in the T.V. World to beat the bullies while revealing their victim to be Axl RO! I never thought that he would be appear in this story, but hey, I'm kind of happy that he is. I really want to see him grow alongside Johnny, plus I can see him being another influence for Act 3, that maybe having Jesus showing up and whispering to Johnny again. :P

There are a few grammar problems with this chapter, such as misspelling words or forgetting rearrange some sentences as some look like they started before being changed midway through without editing the rest of the line. HOWEVER! Having said all that, they are few and far in between. And with all the grand content that you provided, this chapter was a breath of fresh air after the huge amount of fighting for the Rise arc. I really look forward to more chapters like these in the future! Keep up the good work, my friend.
734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »