Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
Guest chapter 43 . 3/26/2017
Axl RO...
Oh dear...
Good stories here chapter 43 . 3/26/2017
I actually don't have anything I can think of that was wrong in this chapter. Maybe if I think about something will come to me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter mate. Until then, I hope you have a good one.
FoxOnPie chapter 43 . 3/26/2017
Certainly wasn't expecting Axl RO of all people to show up; this'll certainly be an interesting Social Link. Overall, though, this chapter served as a good breather after how intense the last arc got, and it was really great that Johnny and Gyro were able to come to an understanding on things.
SkyRig chapter 43 . 3/26/2017
Whoa, wait, Axl RO?! The fuck is he doing here?! And so out of character...! Well, then again, Personas/Stands manifest in the TV World, so I suppose he's different already.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 10 . 3/26/2017
Yosuke had a very Joseph feel to him this chapter.
Count chaos chapter 42 . 2/14/2017
Apologies on this late review, been busy with writing for my Bloodborne X RWBY story.

Anyway, your latest chapter is simply epic, my friend. Everything about it was really well paced for the boss with Shadow Teddy and what came after it. Seeing Johnny admit his inner demons once again is really sad yet compelling to read through, as all his friends, especially Teddy, are shocked by his own admission. The need for him to constantly put himself down will gradually go down, I suspect, as the story moves on, but for now, these types of scenes are brilliantly done! Then there is Gyro's progress, he is starting to move forward as a man, and though I wished we had Ringo Roadagain helping out in that regard, teaching about the "True Man's World" and all, I loved how he was able to realize his own drive and thus learn the Golden Rectangle. Which he will inenvitably teach Johnny at one point. As for Teddy and Rise, I really like how the both of them play off each other even during their time of crisis. I look forward to them gaining more character development and improving their powers along the way. Though I'm really interested to see how everyone, especially Johnny and Gyro, see Teddy's human form for the first time. Lastly, I love the subtle little hints that are leading up to Johnny's Tusk ACT 3, my second favorite ACT in Tusk with 4 being first. Very clever and well played. As for the techincals of the chapter, I didn't notice any grammar problems this time around and the story flowed really nicely.

With all that said, I really loved this chapter and I'm excited for the next! Keep up the good work! :D
Floodtalon chapter 42 . 2/9/2017
Of course Rise is into Daft Punk lol. Great chapter and great work!
Dirtbagnipper chapter 1 . 2/5/2017
Am I the only one that ship Johnny and chie like a lot.
But I don't think they have much in commen
Dritbagnipper chapter 42 . 2/3/2017
I'm not crazy when I say this.
Has any one noticed the forshadowing he's leaving.
Hera me out.
Johnny told gyro to hunger Nobely.
Hunger.
In the persona 4 games wher you get to sort of understand adich his persona changes to jester to hunger.
To concepts that are NOT in the real life taro cards.
So what I'm saying is that gyro persona will eventually change.
Hell he might even get a deferent power like so sort of hours stand/persona.
And on another note do any of you think that Johnny could acctlaey be a good leader.
Because at his rate Yosuke is goner be leader befor he dose.
But No offence to him.
And on my last note some thing a found funny when you think about persona is to think of the peaople from stardust crusade and plaster their faces on the other taro card user in your head.
Trust me hello area's and ironic.
And il say this.
In persona 4 and stardust crusade that don't have stand/persona that are ethic repents by the taro or gods cards(not holly)
Any fan of stardust crusade will know who I talking about FUKING 100% NO GOD DAME DOUDT.
Because it makes the battle whit.
yu yosuke and chie(everybody els but that not the point)
REALLY FUCKING PERSONAL.
If you know what I'm really talking about.
Pleas respond if you know what I'm getting at.
I don't have a webpage so right it in the reviews for know and I'll get back yo you when I can finally right proper story.
Mingyu chapter 42 . 1/29/2017
Continuous character development is one of the reasons I like this fic so much! That, and the fights including extremely JoJo moments like this one. Thanks for the chapter (and the fic recommendations)!
the Zogg chapter 42 . 1/29/2017
This was a very tough review to do because there was so much going on and so much to talk about.

First, I think you've gotten better at writing Yukiko, her voice sounds more feminine and relies less on her quirks. We also get to see some character development, it's been coming since Yukiko broke off from Gyro but she's become more insightful and analytical.

I also like how you tie Shadow Teddie into the heroes character development. Unlike the other Shadows there is No camp and he's a stone-cold threat, but this new challenge forces the heroes to confront this new adversity and develop past it. It's excellent narrative fight scene.

I like how Gyro's drive to be a better leader is what allowed him to crack the golden rectangle. Character development facilitating powerups are also great payoffs that don't feel like asspulls. Just look at Digimon. But I feel that Gyro's drive to be a great leader will be the source of his hunger in this fic.

And Rise steals the whole show again with her recording powers. The ability to record sounds and make them real is a nice halway point of Echoes power. Rise has a better range than Koichi but less versatility because she needs to record the sound.

Then Rise enhancing Gyro's steal ball by turning it into what was basically a shredder round artillery shell was a brutal but efficient finish perfect for bring down a threat like Shadow Teddie.

'This iteration' huh? I wonder how much Izanami knows, or if that was Izanami.

This part might just be me, but I like the character development you gave Teddie from his Shadow. Shadows aren't completely wrong and I think Teddie just resolved to be less naive because he doesn't feel the need to be the comic relief to fit in now.

I liked the It's feel good reunion and I felt that it was well deserved but I can't find a way to explain way.

But you complely hit it out of the park this chapter. It had everything that made A Different Kind of Truth great. Action, tension, friendship, strategy, character moments, people being people.
Guest chapter 32 . 1/28/2017
Now i want Superfast Jellyfishs Curry
Omegamorph chapter 42 . 1/28/2017
Loving the expressive text showing up on Rise's visor. And yeah, Shadow Teddie was especially creepy here.
Type-Smithee chapter 42 . 1/28/2017
Hope Johnny can cheer up soon. Glad that Rise's arc is over!
reven228 chapter 42 . 1/28/2017
A wonderful chapter, you covered a lot of ground this arc and the finale had the perfect amount of JOJO-ness. I'm so glad the fic is going well, and I cannot wait for next chapter. Keep goin and stay golden
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »