Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
Omegamorph chapter 32 . 4/28/2016
As I said, never played Persona 4 past this point, so I'm pretty blind and pretty much getting to know Naoto and plot details through here save for what spoilers and info I looked up. I like how you're putting a strong emphasis on Johnny and Gyro's bond from this point on.
DocHoliday0316 chapter 32 . 4/28/2016
First off, THANK YOU for having Kanji call out Yosuke on his homophobia. That stuff got REALLY old REALLY fast.

Anyway, I liked this chapter a lot, especially the train station scene with Johnny and Gyro. I really can't wait until you get to the Shadow Rise arc.
Mingyu chapter 32 . 4/27/2016
Ah, Tsundere!Johnny. His character is developing well.

I am a fan of any fic that calls out Yosuke for his crap (in a reasonable manner anyway). I'm also enjoying the enmity between Gyro and Naoto. Can't wait for them to find out she's a girl. Not that it should change much of the aforementioned enmity, I just think it will be hilarious. Thanks for the chapter!
SuperNova23 chapter 32 . 4/27/2016
I really like the Gyro and Johnny bits. Having the whole team together is nice, but little almost character pieces are nice.

While Yosuke's homophobia is kinda iff-putting, I give it a pass since the game takes every chance it can to shit on him regarding the girls and Teddie.
kyugan chapter 32 . 4/27/2016
Don't diss the bear. It will invade your dreams.
Guest chapter 29 . 4/11/2016
Johnny becoming closer to Nanako is so cute X3333
Guest chapter 27 . 4/11/2016
Kanji likes West Side Story? He has great taste! (I bet he cries every time he watches it too ;w;) And Yui is the one who sings the Fullmetal Alchemist opening, right? She has a lovely voice -w-
Guest chapter 26 . 4/11/2016
Eyyyy, I recognise some of those artists! I know Diggy-mo and Hikaru Utada XDDD
Mingyu chapter 31 . 3/30/2016
Yep. Gotta have some music references in a Jojo story! Lots of social links again. I feel sorry for Nanako though. I was halfway expecting Johnny or Gyro to practically kidnap her, but their bond is important to develop too. Oh well, maybe they can bring her back some stew. Thanks for the chapter!
Tom Reidem chapter 31 . 3/28/2016
I was thinking, in persona 4 dancing all night Hatsune miku is one of the playable characters. And I was thinking if you can raplaced rise for miku and do an entire different arc with others problems. Is just an idea
michelous chapter 31 . 3/24/2016
Enjoyed hole for more soon
Hunter of the Famous Land chapter 31 . 3/24/2016
Interesting fact, at one point Yosuke was intended as a possible love interest in the game, and some of the dialogue was even recorded. Would have added an extra layer to his character given his somewhat homophobic tendencies. Great chapter by the way.
Omegamorph chapter 31 . 3/23/2016
Makes sense to establish the Johnny/Gyro bond some. Also, at this point I know tidbits of the Persona 4 plot, but hadn't played the rest of the game so partially in the dark from this point on.
the Zogg chapter 31 . 3/23/2016
Reading the chapter I shall say that its central theme is Johnny's empathy. He was able to emphasize a lot more than normal. He emphasized with Nanako, he emphasized with Sayaka, and he emphasized with Slow Dancer.

I really liked Sayaka. I really felt her passion for music, I'm guessing that she benefited from your own love for it since even back in the old days you inserted some music references.

I liked your spins on the Mystery Food X joke. First Johnny and Gyro disposed of theirs with the grim seriousness of a bomb disposal expert and then Chie had to face up to her screw up. If you're going to use slapstick restrict it to no gender!

I ironically enjoyed the Not-IT's camping trip more. It showed their agency and ability to think outside of Johnny and Gyro's orbit. I also liked that you used Kanji's point of view, he needs the screentime.

I'm fine with Yosuke being called ou as long as it causes character development and those overused gay jokes die in the grave like they deserve. I really hope Doppelganger Kanji has a COMPLETELY different personality in Ultimax.
lolrus555 chapter 31 . 3/23/2016
I am so happy you decided to still include the one on one Johnny and Gyro friendship. I love the IT and all, but shoehorning them into the bond that Johnny and Gyro developed over the course of SBR would've really dampened it. Also, I really loved Johnny and Gyro's reaction to mystery food X! They just had a silent agreement that they wouldn't touch that abomination with a 10 foot poll.

All this being said though, with Johnny avoiding most of the hazing that the male investigation team members went through, I'm really intriuged with how you're gonna go about the beauty pagent and hot spring scenarios. The snarky cripple doesn't seem like he'd accept cross-dressing and being humiliated like that without a fight.
734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »