Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
Aegon Blacksteel chapter 5 . 2/16/2016
Breather chapter, not surprising since Johnny almost went through a mental breakdown, confronting his shadow. It was also different having Johnny trying to hide evidence from Dojima about his injuries. No doubt Dojima will begin to suspect something is wrong. Its surprising to read that Chie's mother from Morioh.

One thing to appreciate Johnny personally is that he is honest about himself and his motives for going to the TV World. His motives may not make heroic by definition, but at least he is willing to protect the people who stood by him. Alot of people never figure themselves out and try to wonder why they are and then complain thats just the way they are.
Aegon Blacksteel chapter 4 . 2/15/2016
Having Johnny realize that he is still crippled after exiting the TV world was a major slap of reality. Especially when Johnny felt alive again and seemed like a super hero in the TV world. Its make me wonder if Johnny will travel to the TV World on his own to try and walk more often. Johnny being anti-social seems the kind that would do that.

I liked the dose realism you added in the story where our heroes can get injured and lose their clothes in their battles with the shadows. No doubt things will get more complicated when they have to hide their injuries and make excuses for losing clothes. It almost feel like a call back to JoJo where they received ridiculous injuries and wounds which was charming in its own way.
Aegon Blacksteel chapter 3 . 2/15/2016
What I liked about Johnny's confrontation with his Shadow, wasn't that he acknowledged his demons but that he wasn't going to drag Chie and Yosuke down with him. This giving him the "reason" to live again and try to fight.

It occurred to me afterwards that Johnny and Yosuke have a lot of similar personal issues in common. Both come from well off families and both have endured social ostracism from their peers. They had to deal with fake friends who abandoned them and both have tried to attain new bonds through different ways. Yosuke acts like a clown to impress everyone, and Johnny just being a prick in a misguided attempt to vet people from the fakers and who might be the "real deal".

They also had issues dealing with girls by trying to impress and earn their affection and ultimately failing in the end, either being mocked or being used for money. Which is something that both of them can relate and bond over. Which sadly for Yosuke still continues to occur in the game.
Aegon Blacksteel chapter 2 . 2/11/2016
My mind is spinning coming up with ideas on how the TV world allows Johnny to move his legs again. Its no wonder that Johnny would have a secret hope that the TV was trying to absorb him into the world.

But it was a nice twist for Johnny meeting his shadow counterpart before acquiring a persona, no doubt Johnny must have a ton of demons to exorcise that is if he can accept them. Which was very disappointing in Persona 4 that Yuu never had the chance to encounter his shadow.
Aegon Blacksteel chapter 1 . 2/9/2016
There is a lot to unpack, I commend you for casting a crippled jackass as the main character especially one so different from Yu Narukami. Johnny's interactions with residents of Inaba promise to be very interesting. I couldn't help but laugh at Johnny's reactions to appearing in the Velvet Room, it just seemed like how any normal person would react waking up in a room with two weird mysterious people.

So far I like the fusion mix you done between Steel Ball Run and Persona, it comes off as natural, and it creates a plausible reason for Johnny to show up in Inaba. Overall its easy to see why you choose Johnny for this story because any other JoJo, with maybe the exception of Jolyne would have been Yuu but with Jojo initials.
Mingyu chapter 29 . 2/1/2016
That's a lotta Social Links!

I'd say you have a right to be proud. They were all very well done! For me, I was actually the most interested in the direction you took with Father Pucci. Although I guess it just boils down to him using Johnny as a sounding board...or a beta reader (kinda).

Thanks for the chapter!
Mugiwara N0 Luffy chapter 28 . 2/1/2016
Oh and I forgot to say it in the last part but I love how you brought up Johnny's secret fetish, I was actually going to ask about that soon myself XD I'm sure Chie seemed 20 times more attractive at that point lol
Mugiwara N0 Luffy chapter 29 . 2/1/2016
Oh hey, a new chapter! It was weird, my email alert waited a couple days to let me know. Great chapter, nice to see Johnny getting along with everyone! Nice to see him clean things up with Kakyoin as well, and the big shocker at the end is Kishibe Rohan! I didn't realize how popular that guy is with fans, but then again he is a pretty fun guy to write despite being a total douche XD can't wait to see where this goes for Johnny and Gyro and can't help but wonder if he has his Stand with him. Will Rohan join the group? ... Probably not because he feels so superior to others lol
isoulmani chapter 29 . 2/1/2016
Another great chapter! A nice slice of life moment helps the action seem more meaningful. Social links old and new flourished and Johnny is gradually becoming more mature and trying to deal with himself. I don't know how to feel about everyone's favorite author showing up but in a world without stands he should be harmless enough. He is a better addition the Marie anyway. Can't wait till the next one. Unless it's after the start of part 4, diamond is whatever we're calling it this week.
the Zogg chapter 29 . 1/31/2016
This chapter showed a major shift in Johnny's characterization in Social Links. Previously, he was a passive figure apathetically working his way through a conversation and sometimes getting nuggets of valuable information. Now, Johnny is actively contributing to the Social Links, giving advice about the problems, though how useful or half-baked it is depends from person to person.

Johhny's thoughts really bring me back. I used to love watching Yu-Gi-Oh as kid...though barring the Abridged Series I'm sure that the dub must sound like nails on a chalk board if I watched it now. The harem genre can never get burned enough, however.

And of course, Rohan. If he newest manga wasn't based on JoJo I'd wonder if he even noticed the universe being remade because fuck physics, the space-time continuum and the big bang/crunch/whatever! He has a deadline to meet! It being impossible doesn't matter!
Gundam Kaiser chapter 29 . 1/31/2016
DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNNNN!

This chapter, like all those before it, was Made In Heaven.

Unfortunately, don't have much else I can really come up with to say about it.
michelous chapter 29 . 1/31/2016
Much fun can't wait for more
Kamen Rider Ebon chapter 29 . 1/31/2016
AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

ROHAN IS HERE
Rerorerorero chapter 29 . 1/31/2016
Hm. It's possible, however unlikely, that Rohan will have some elements reminiscent of his self from the Jorge Joestar novel. Only time will tell, I suppose.
Cross177 chapter 29 . 1/31/2016
I've always liked how you have Johnny interact with other people in the persona verse as well as the Jojo verse as well.

But the fact you added Kishibe Rohan is making this better. Is he another ally in the works? And is there gonna be some epic Persona/Stand battle of wits?
734 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »