Reviews for A Different Kind of Truth
Dr.Dude chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This oughta be a fun story to follow! But will other JJBA characters appear in this story?
Lyon Cobalt chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Hey there. Long-time reader, first-time reviewer. This story is definitely off to a good start, not to mention I've been looking forever for a good JJBA fanfic. I only have one little thing to nitpick about: namely, when Johnny wrote his name on the board.
Supposedly he wrote his name in kanji, but that's used solely for Chinese and Japanese phrases, and writing an English name in kanji is impossible. It would make a lot more sense if he wrote it in Katakana, which is the writing system Japanese speakers use for import words and phrases. The SBR manga, naturally, writes "Johnny Joestar" in Katakana, which looks like this: ジョニィ・ジョースター (Jyonii Jyosutaa, "Johnny Joestar").
Minor corrections aside, this looks like it could be a very interesting take on the story of Persona 4 (hell JJBA and Persona's a match made in heaven since Personas are based on Stands), and I look forward to the direction this ends up taking.
Lyon Cobalt chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This is a great start so far, and a JJBA/Persona fanfic is a match made in heaven (partly because there's almost no good JJBA fanfiction, and partly because Personas are based on Stands). Only one thing to nitpick about, and that's when Johnny wrote his name on the board "in perfect kanji." Western names, words and phrases are generally written in katakana, not kanji. The Steel Ball Run manga writes the name "Johnny Joestar" in katakana as well, writing it as ジョニィ ジオスター ("jyonii jyosutaa"), for further reference.
Minor corrections aside, I'm looking forward to how this will turn out.
Kiiam chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Ah ha, so you posted it! Awesome. Given the premise, which is promising, I look forward to how this new main character changes the story. Instead of a blank slate, you've got a character with a personality already established. Makes for an interesting change. You have my support in this new project. Good luck.
Speckled Burd chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Steel Ball Run
No Gyro
You're doing it wrong.

Seriously though, you seem to have a pretty good handle of Johnny being a massive prick. However, there were a few events that stuck out at me because of it. The worst offender being him helping Yosuke out of the trash can. Johnny isn't really the type of guy who is going to help a stranger out of a trash can without any outside impetus like that.

My other concern is the reaction of the rest of the cast to Johnny being in a wheel chair. As I understand it, Japan is much less accepting of people with handicaps than the United States or other western cultures. While Chie initially inviting him to sit next to her makes sense in the context of trying to prevent his shouting match with Morooka from escalating makes sense, her and Yukiko inviting him to walk home with them seems like a bit of a stretch.

And as a minor nitpick, Chie asking him to "come walk with us" without second guessing her word choice seems kind of odd.
John At Dawn chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Awesome. There are not nearly enough JoJo stories on this site.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Continue. This is too awesome to pass. It is also extremely rare to see a crippled protagonist; except for Katawa Shoujo stories (Steel Ball Run x Katawa Shoujo might actually be good...). All in all, I would like to see where this is going, it is very unique and JJBA stories are very rare. Good luck.
Writer of a Thousand Stories chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
My gosh, this is an amazing opening and an even more amazing premise. Johnny is truly a character that offer a lot of new perspectives and spins to the usual Persona story. Can't wait to see more of it.
Mzr90 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
This is cool I can't wait for more. But I'm wondering if you'll add events from the anime and how the social links will be handled?
dwennon chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Well this was very interesting, and it's nice to see more JoJo fiction coming out. also which is your favorite part, character, and power(or stand.) And just one other thing how do you think an all JJBA grail war would go?
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
This is gonna be interesting. Johnny was a bitter, cynical jerk at the beginning of Steel Ball Run, and he only stuck around with Gyro initially in hopes of being able to walk again, so seeing how he interacts with everyone here is going to be very different. Yu was basically a blank slate (so the player could more easily assume his role), but Johnny is abrasive and often rude unless he thinks he has to respect you (like he did with Gyro). Plus, Johnny comes with a lot more bagage than Yu did. That's gonna impact how everyone initially treats him.
Sir Godot chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I'll say it again, awesome idea and great chapter. As the Persona franchise was strongly influenced by JoJo, it's a match made in heaven. I'll keep supporting you the best I can, so keep up the good work bro!

Sir Godot
Kamen Rider Ebon chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I was hoping somebody would make a crossover for JJBA
All we need is Dio and it all comes together
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 39 46 47 48 49