Reviews for The Measure of a Hero
Sam D chapter 6 . 4/24/2014
Oops, nevermind. Just saw your profile and it looks like there's still a few more stories pre-me3. Still can't wait to read them! Reading your stories, they help me with my English as well. So thank you and good luck!
Sam D chapter 6 . 4/24/2014
A nice send off for Shepard. I still hate the fact that the Alliance claimed the SR-2 and painted their #%$?! all over it. Looks like mass effect 3 is up next. Can't wait for it!
ipass chapter 6 . 4/17/2014
Another great read! Kudos! When can we expect to see another one of your stories? I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, but I'm hella excited!
Guest chapter 6 . 4/1/2014
put Miss Lawson on the goddamn Normandy in mass effect 3!
thebluninja chapter 6 . 3/30/2014
"I had to tread very carefully here. So your... reaction when " - missing a quotation mark at the start of the sentence there.
"He said I was working withCerberus." - missing a space there.
"destroyed and three hundred batarians were lost." - If it was only three hundred, I think Shepard accounted for that many just on missions against the Blue Suns.

Huzzah! So, onward to ME3?
SomebodyLost chapter 6 . 3/27/2014
Awesome as always.

Belatedly, I just realized that Miranda VS the Morning Rounds is another Chuck reference. Eh, just sayin here how appreciative I am with all these shout-outs.

Someone should make a TV Tropes page for these series of fics.

I can't say much for the story, except for the fact that small changes (like Shep taking Kasumi and Thane along rather than going alone) should make some sort of large impact, ripples or something, enough to alter it from canon, even slightly. But I think that storytelling is more of your strong point all throughout (although I'm a bit getting tired of the fight scenes).

Um, got nothing much to say now. This small ride was awesome.

I'm anticipating your next fic. Thanks for writing, as always. ;)
Granten chapter 6 . 3/26/2014
Considering that the data in the Shadow Broker's ship seemed to be there to strongly state Miranda couldn't have children, not sure how I feel about this change. Still I look forward to the next.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
Like it. Love it.

People who stand-up and take responsibility for their actions and the consequences derived from said actions are breed all of their own.

I like how you took the executive meddling approach regarding Miranda's sterility; just retcon it! If Bioware can get away with it, so can fan fic writers.
V-rcingetorix chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
Another excellent work. Well done.
DinoJake chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
If and when the Alliance come to take Shepard into custody, I would recommend "Renegade" by Styx for the song that Shepard would choose to play. Assuming that will even be covered, of course. This feels like the last chapter to this fic, though I may be wrong.

Loved the interaction between Shepard and Miranda in these fan fictions. I'm normally not a huge Miranda fan, but this series has really opened my eyes on how deep a character she actually is, and has made me like her a bit more.

So it is that ME3 will soon take effect. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out, particularly at any and all changes you may have made to the game's plot. The writers made several questionable decisions in ME3 (and not just the ending) and I look forward to see how you either justify them or write around them.
Karg42 chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
Good God I love Hackett. Side-question: is Miranda's 'recovery' something you cooked up, because I'd always taken her being sterile as a given.

Anywho, glad to see this is still going strong. Planning another event like Hero's Dozen before ME3, or jumping straight into it? Looking forward to it.
giodan chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
oh i really like your job whit miranda!
demonicnargles chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
Nice. Miranda and Shepard get their situation sorted, and now it's time for Shepard to get arrested. I doubt they appreciate the timing.

Nice work, I look forward to next time.

ANARCHY RULES chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
I really loved this story and especially enjoyed the scene with Miranda. I am now eagerly awaiting your Mass Effect 3 fic. Good luck on that!
thebluninja chapter 5 . 3/10/2014
"Think of me as your subconscious." - I can only hope this is being played for absurdia, because honestly I think the whole 'talk-to-your-subconscious' is overused.
"Subby " - :D
"the terminal was inside the med-bay. With me. Why I have no idea." - Because the Reapers never read the Evil Overlord List.
"Because of you, everyone on this rock will be obliterated!" - Well, yes, but not in the way you're thinking, Kenson. Shepard's going to burn/gun down everyone.
"I didn't really have time to waste." - Wouldn't shooting him have been faster?
"Immediate crisis averted." You repeat this whole paragraph.
"I was about to set up one of them on fire, remembered that there was no oxygen in the vacuum of space," While true, I'd imagine melting a hole in their suits with plasma would be just as effective.
"the Alpha Relay would be destroyed well before the first Reaper could arrive from dark space." Honestly, he should have pushed it even closer - imagine how much easier the war might have been if the Alpha Relay exploded thirty seconds before the first Reapers arrived and caught them in the blast wave.

So, do we get to look forward to ME3? Pretty please?
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »