Hey everyone, just wanted to say a few things before I begin...
1. This is a SPN/HP story but its set so that Crowley is the King of Hell before the trio enter Hogwarts.
2. As of yet there are no romantic pairings... this may change, if I change it, it won't be until Hermione's in her 7th year or after and I already have someone in mind.. I will of course follow the main plot-lines for HP, but this will be set during season 10 of SPN and SPN won't have much of an impact on the story other than a bit of background.
3. I just want to thank ProtectoroftheInnocent for the opportunity to write this story, thank you sooo much!
4. Hermione is a bit darker and more Slytherin like in this, but she will still be an intricate part of the trio and will not betray the boys. She's not twisted crazy evil, she's just dark!
5. !WARNING! THIS STORY WILL HAVE SPOILERS FOR SEASON 10 OF SUPERNATURAL !WARNING!
Alright, now I have the necessities out of the way,
Hermione stood staring unblinkingly at the small fluffy bird that had managed the great feat of locating her. It had found her when she had gone out for a walk in the bushes surrounding the Crossroads. She had left Hell wanting a bit of a reprieve from the tortured souls screaming in agony, their screams tended to hurt ones eardrums after a while.
The agitated bird fluffed its wings again and offered its foot to her. Attached to its leg was a letter addressed to her alias...
Ms H. Granger The Crossroads
The letter read...
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, Chief Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation of Wizards)
Dear Ms Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
With a slightly amused look on her face she replaced the parchment and took the other letter out of the envelope. It read:
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day-wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (Dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.
Hermione looked up from the letter when she heard a rustle coming from the bush to her left. She subtlety conjured Death's Scythe and crept towards the sound making sure to keep a trained eye on the forestry surrounding her. She was in the middle of no-were, there should not be any movement or sound.
As she moved closer to the sound she drew the scythe up to defend herself if necessary. She saw a flash of cream in the corner of her eye and swiftly turned, it had disappeared. She closed her eyes and felt around her... She tensed...
"Come on out little angel," she taunted softly, "I won't hurt you." She heard a flutter of wings and opened her eyes. In front of her stood a mighty angel in a trenchcoat. "Well, well, well, look at what we have here, an angel of the Lord, ooh and a soldier at that. To what am I owed this honour unnamed angel? And what is your name?"
The angel looked at her in a bemused fashion and cocked his head, the bright blue eyes of his vessel piercing through her. "You are not pure demon." He stated.
"Oh, we have a quick one here ladies and gents," Hermione snorted, "Now, cut the crap and tell me why you're here."
"I am Castiel," he said, "I was searching for a beast when I came across your trail and followed it."
"So you're the hunter's angel eh? You know, I thought you would be a bit taller, for someone who was once God."
He looked confused. She figured that he must be deciding whether or not she was being sarcastic. "Who are you?" He asked.
"I am Hermione."
"What are you?"
"I am the daughter of the Crossroads, and the princess of Hell." She smiled at the shocked angel.