Warnings: Slash (male on male), some sexuality and swearing
Spoilers: Season 1-currrent; definite mentions of "Grave Danger"
Relationships: Established Nick/Greg
Summary: After a prominent Californian Senator is found dead by mysterious causes, the search for the killer becomes a race against time as one CSI's life is put on the line.
A/N: Welcome! A few things before we get started…
1. This is slash, folks. If you don't like it, don't read it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
2. Rating is T, so no real smut (sorry). May be a few "sex" scenes later on, but probably not much.
3. Based on the song "Livin' On a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. The italicized words at the beginning of each chapter are from that song.
4. This is a WIP, so please forgive me if the chapters aren't up as quickly as we would all like. Also, this is my first attempt at a Nick/Greg. Please be kind.
5. Slightly case file-esque in the fact that much of the story is wrapped up in the case, but the focus is also on the relationship.
6. CSI: belongs to Jerry Bruckheimer, CBS and Alliance Atlantis. I own neither the characters nor the places nor yet the song. Only the plot. And all OCs that you don't recognize.
7. The prolougue is short, for which I apologize greatly. The chapters are longer, I promise. And now, after much ado about nothing, on with the show!
Livin' On A Prayer
upon a time,
Not so long ago"
"Good morning Las Vegas! This is John McCann reporting for CBS 2 News. Today is Monday the 8th and top news this morning is the visit from controversial Californian Senator Patrick O'Neil…"
"Hey, Marty, ya wanna turn that down?" called a voice from the hotel's bedroom. "I can't even hear myself think."
"Sure thing, Pat," replied Marty as he turned the T.V. set off. Getting up off the couch, he walked over into the bedroom, watching Pat as he struggled with his tie.
Frustrated, Pat yanked the failed knot again. "Marty, will you tie this for me, please?"
"You just gotta have patience," teased Marty as he stepped forward and tied it neatly. "See, there you go."
"Thanks, I owe you one," said Pat, relieved, as he checked his hair in the mirror.
"Tell me, Pat," said Marty as he leaned casually against the dresser, "what in God's name would you do without me?"
"God only knows," replied Patrick as he straightened his suit jacket before turning back to Marty. "Well, how do I look?"
Marty's gaze softened. "You look fine. Dashing, I'd say." He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around his lover's waist. "Tell me, why're you trying so hard to impress these people? You're a United States Senator, for Christ's sake."
Patrick gave him a look. "I may be a senator, but I'm a gay Senator. The gay senator. Do you know how hard that is for me?"
"Impossibly hard?" supplied Marty. He sighed and hugged Patrick gently. "If it's any consolation, I'm amazingly proud of you."
"That's not a consolation," said Pat with a smile. "That's my reward." He leaned in and kissed Marty gently. "Now I gotta go."
"Alright, I guess," sighed Marty, turning away. His gaze caught sight of an open envelope on the dresser. "You get a letter from someone?"
"What?" asked Pat, not paying attention. "Oh, yeah. No big deal. Just another note from some constituent telling me that I'm going to Hell."
"Great," laughed Marty. Then he turned serious. "Hey, at least if we're going to Hell, we'll be there together."
"Yeah, that's true," said Pat with a smile. He glanced at his watch and his smile turned into a grimace. "Great, I'm gonna be late. C'mon, let's go."
"Alright, alright," agreed Marty, laughing as Pat dragged him away. He quickly forgot about the envelope on the dresser as they went about their busy day.
A/N: I am most definitely not implying anything about California with the fact that the Senator is from there. It just happens to be geographically convenient to Las Vegas.