A/N: Just an idea that's been floating around every since I got an e-mail titled "Reasons Why Boys Like Girls" so I just had to write this even if it is a bit OOC. It's just a fun fluffy one-shot after all. You can't have fluff and expect everything about the characters to be exact right? Oh, and I'll be the first to admit I used some of these reason from that e-mail. They were just too real not to.
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha...no matter how many stars I may wish on to change that fact.
Inuyasha shifted into a more comfortable position on his tree branch only to shift again. Growling, he sat up and leaned back once more to try and find a place on the trunk where the bark didn't dig painfully into his back. Relaxing, he folded his arms around the Tetsusaiga and buried his hands into his sleeves. Finally comfortable, Inuyasha watched the others settled down around the campfire.
Shippo was playing with Kirara, Sango was polishing the Hiraikotsu, Miroku was nursing a red, stinging cheek (Inuyasha snorted here), and Kagome was hunched over one of her schoolbooks.
Inuyasha watched her with an unreadable expression. All other things grew out of focus and there was only Kagome. He despised those things. For one, they kept Kagome up late, she was always worried about reading them, and she simply didn't like them. Those three reasons were good enough for Inuyasha to detest them just as much, maybe even more, than she did.
Although, he did have to admit that they had one good quality. They kept her preoccupied and oblivious to the fact that he studied her every move while all her attention was focused on studying. The others, however, were another story.
Tearing his eyes away from Kagome, Inuyasha glanced at the others. None of them seemed to have noticed that he'd been staring at the young miko for quite some time. He let out an almost silent relieved sigh. The last thing he wanted was everyone else to tease him.
Glancing back at Kagome, Inuyasha decided the textbooks had two good traits. They kept her attention off of him and she looked rather cute when she was trying to solve a rather difficult problem. Inuyasha's ears twitched at the thought. That and the fact that Kagome had let out a sigh and rolled her neck from the left to the right to stretch out a knot. Kagome looked cute when she did that too.
Inuyasha frowned. Why was the only thing he could think about was how cute he found Kagome at times? His frown deepened. Why was he thinking about thinking about how he found Kagome cute sometimes? Inuyasha growled low in his throat. This was getting him nowhere.
A few silent moments passed and Inuyasha's thoughts were still filled with Kagome. Unable to get her off his mind, he decided to list off some of the reasons of why he liked her. Maybe that would help...
1. The way she smells
2. The way her head always finds the right spot on his shoulder
3. The way she fits in his arms
4. Because she is always warm no matter how cold the weather
5. She cares for him
6. She was the first one to except him as a half-demon outside of his family (excluding Sesshoumaru of course)
7. The fact that she looks pretty in whatever she wears (even though she usually wears her uniform. He'd seen her in other outfits!)
8. How cute she was when she argued
9. The way her hand always found his
10. The way she smiles
11. The way she always storms off after an argument they had
12. The way she always came back after an argument they had
13. The way he misses her when she's gone
14. Her heart and how big it is
15. The way she cares for her friends
16. The way she watches out for him even though there isn't a need to
17. The way she spoils Shippo (even though it's very annoying)
18. The way her tears make him want to change the world so that it didn't hurt her anymore
19. The way she looks when she was sleeping
20. Her courage
21. Her stubbornness
22. The way she looks right before she was about to sit him (even if it is pretty scary)
23. The way she calls out his name in a battle
24. The way she says his name
25. The way she befriends everyone (even if that would get her into trouble someday)
26. The way she trusts him
27. The way her name rolls off his tongue
28. The life of her eyes and the warmth he finds in them
29. The way her hair reflects blue in the sun
30. The way her hair feels
31. The way she holds him tightly but gently when he carries her
32. The dreadful look in her eyes when she has to do homework
33. She brings him ramen (maybe not something ABOUT her, but it was definitely a plus)
34. The way she stands with him when Koga shows up (damn that mangy wolf!)
35. The determined look in her eyes when she fights in battle with them
36. Her determination
37. Her laugh
38. The way she shed tears for him for the very first time
39. The way she threatens him and expects him to be scared
40. The way she apologizes when she makes a mistake
41. Her warmth
42. The way she watches him when she thinks he wasn't looking
43. When she eagerly awaits his opinion on a lunch she'd made for them
44. The way she glares at him when she is mildly upset
45. The way she is always there for him
46. The way she supports him
47. The way she giggles when talking with Sango
48. How cute she looks when she's smug about something
49. The motherly expression she has when she takes care of Shippo
50. The way she snickers (or sighs) after Sango slaps Miroku
51. The way she blushes when she's embarrassed
52. The way she huffs when she's flustered
53. The way his heart leaps when she climbs out of the well
54. The way she explains things from her future
55. The way she looks when she is eating
56. The way she mumbles in her sleep
57. How cute she is when she says stupid things
58. The surprised look on her face when he does things she doesn't expect
59. The way she stands up for herself
60. The sound of her voice
61. The way she looks when she concentrates
62. The extra bounce in her step when she's happy about something
63. The way she sometimes hums to herself
64. The way she talks when she talks about her family
65. Her family and how they excepted him just as she had (even if her grandfather was a little suspicious at first)
66. The way she scolds him
67. The way she understands him more than anyone else does
68. The way she knows sometimes he just needs her company rather than anything else
69. The way she can talk to him just by looking him straight in the eyes without saying a word
70. The way she sometimes knew what he was thinking just by looking at him
71. The way she knows he usually needs her to listen to him when he tells her to "leave him alone"
72. The way she'll sometimes jerk her head away in embarrassment when their eyes meet
73. Her relieved sigh when she realizes he wasn't injured in a particularly tough battle
74. The gentle way she touches him when she's bandaging his wounds
75. The way she worries about him almost constantly
76. The way her eyes widen when he catches her off-guard
77. The way she smiles to herself when he says something right for a change
78. The look in her eyes when he comes for her when she needs him
79. The confidence she has for him and her friends abilities
80. The fact that she believes in everyone else, but sometimes has trouble believing in herself at times (so irritatingly cute)
81. That she is and was his very first friend
82. That because of her he made more friends
83. That she's made them all a family
84. Her strength
85. The way she pushes back her bangs when she's frustrated
86. The way she tucks her hair behind her ear
87. She doesn't run away from him when he turns completely demon
88. She does everything in her power to help him return to being a half-demon
89. The way she thinks of those important to her first and herself second
90. The way she sometimes wrinkles her nose in distaste
91. The way she always forgives him
92. How excited she looks when she teaches them a new game
93. The sound of her footsteps when he can't see her
94. The way she hugs him
95. The way her arms can comfort him no matter what he's thinking about
96. The way she falls asleep at her desk all the time
97. The way her voice sounds when she's singing
98. How cute she looks when she's annoyed
99. That she is Kagome
100. That Kagome is everything to him
Inuyasha nodded firmly to himself, quite satisfied with the list he'd come up with. So what if some of his ideas had been similar? So what if his ideas had been a lot more sweet than usual? They were his ideas and he didn't give a damn what others thought.
Glancing at Kagome again, he realized she was just about done with whatever subject she'd been working on. Had that much time really passed?
Smiling, Kagome tucked her homework safely away and shut her book closed with a snap. Stretching her arms over her head, Kagome stretched the kinks out of her muscles. "Finally, I'm done!"
Inuyasha half-smiled half-smirked at the girl.
Looking up at Inuyasha, Kagome tilted her head slightly to the right in curiosity, "Inuyasha?"
He grunted, "what is it?"
Kagome walked towards him until she stood at the base of the tree Inuyasha was sitting in and looking up at him, "what are you thinking about?"
"Something important...Kagome..." Inuyasha answered absentmindedly.
Something very important.
A/N: Please review and tell me what you thought! I'll only take you a few seconds you know