Title: 20 Random Facts about Snape/Harry
Character(s): Harry Potter, Severus Snape, and Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley and Lord Voldemort in supporting roles.
Summary: The development of a surprising and wholly incredible relationship in less than 500 words.
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all of the other characters belong to J.K. Rowling; I am making no profit with this and no copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Notes: This was written as part of the Harry Potter Random Facts Fest organized by iulialinnea.
1) Hermione has always suspected that Harry had a bit of a crush on the Half-blood Prince during his sixth year.
2) What Hermione doesn't know is that Harry comes to the same conclusion the night Snape kills Dumbledore.
3) Harry blames his attraction to the Half-blood Prince on stress and tries to forget about it during the following months, focusing all the hatred and revulsion he can muster on Severus Snape instead.
4) Still, it may be that his wand wavers slightly when they finally find Snape at Spinner's End, allowing the other wizard to escape.
5) Up until that point, all Severus has ever felt for the boy was contempt; what he feels now is confusion and a hint of curiosity.
6) Despite Sirius Black's claims to the contrary Severus has never been attracted to him, James Potter or – Merlin forbid – Remus Lupin.
7) Harry tells Ron and Hermione that he is gay the night he kills Voldemort.
8) Harry spends the day of Snape's trial getting pissed and burning the Half-blood Prince's book.
9) Harry has never planned on losing his virginity to a prostitute – a male one at that – and he thinks it's entirely coincidental that the man in question is older than him and has black hair.
10) Severus can't quite suppress being disappointed that Potter doesn't show up for his trial. The next time the two of them meet in Diagon Alley he hexes the boy from behind and watches him keel over with a satisfied smile on his lips.
11) Harry is sure he actually wants to kill Snape when he Apparates on his doorstep the next day; the outcome of their encounter is quite different however.
12) When Hermione asks Harry later he is unable to explain to her why he and Snape ended up in bed together.
13) To tell the truth, he doesn't know the reason himself.
14) Severus doesn't either.
15) Snape could swear that he still hates the boy on some level, even though Potter isn't really a boy anymore and they've been sleeping together on a regular basis for some weeks now.
16) Potter never stays the night, quietly disentangling himself when he believes Snape to be asleep.
17) When Severus asks Harry about his old Potions book years later he answers that he's lost it.
18) Harry never stops calling him "Snape" in his head, even though he gasps out a soft "Severus" every time he comes in in the other wizard's arms.
19) Watching Harry sleep, sometimes, Severus asks himself if this is enough, if this is what he wanted.
20) Truth is, he doesn't want to know.