In honor of the new Fringe, I give you this. Peter's list of rules. No offense is meant to the religious, or people of the clergy. Or nuns.
1. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
1. I am Peter, who brought you from the land of blissful ignorance. You will listen to me.
2. Thou shall have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shall have no other mad scientists brought here. Believe me; one's enough.
3. Thou shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
3. Thou shall not call me Dr Bishop. That's my father. Thou shall not call me Petey, Pete, or any variation of my name.
4. Thou will remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work. But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.
4. Thou will remember that I do have days off. Thou will note that I refuse to be woken before 5 a.m. on any given day, unless there is an emergency. And even then, I won't be pleased.
5. Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
5. Do not compare me to my father. Do not ask me questions about my mother. Basically, the whole family subject is off-limits until further notice.
6. Thou shall not murder.
6. Thou shall not commit murder in the lab. That means you, Walter.
7. Thou shall not commit adultery.
7. Thou shall not cheat on anyone in this room, or thou shall regret it.
8. Thou shall not steal.
8. Thou shall not steal from me, or the lab, or Walter, or my friends.
9. Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. Thou shall not try to lie to me. I'm an expert at it; I know all the tells. Don't try.
You'll crash and burn.
10. Thou shall not covet your neighbor's wife you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
10. Thou shall not try and take or hurt Walter, Astrid, my computer, my TV, my old friends, or my daily coffee.
And don't touch Olivia either. Not that I care…. Really. I don't.
Break any of these rules at your own peril.