THIS IS IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ.
Sorry, but I thought I had better get this out of the way so as not to confuse people. As you already know, this story is set in an almost, sort of, not really alternative universe. Everyone who is a ninja is still a ninja, but there are some differences in this story from the original Naruto universe. (Well, this IS fanfiction after all, so sue me if I change some things.)
Also, this story is gonna be LONG. And I mean, EXTREMELY LONG. So fluff is gonna be a long while away. Sorry.
Here are the more important changes and notices about the story.
1) In this alternative universe, Sasuke never left the village. He was stopped by Naruto in the battle.
2) The story is set after Naruto comes back, so the Rookie Nine are about 16-17. Akatsuki members are (obviously) older, and I will post their ages if enough people request. Otherwise, look it up yourself, because I'm not changing anyone's age.
3) The "Save Kazekage" Arc has not happened yet. Therefore, the current Akatsuki members are: Deidara, Sasori, Pein, Konan, Itachi, Zetsu, Kisame, Kakuzu, Hidan, AND Tobi. Tobi, in this piece of fiction, was given membership after Orochimaru left.
4) There will be character death. Not much, and no one too important, so don't worry about it. I just thought I should let my readers know in advance.
5) I will not be abusing Japanese honorifics or the language. Sometimes, when the situation calls for it, they will be used. Other wise, don't expect any of my sentences to be like this: "Ohayou otou-san, okaa-san, nee-chan! Isn't that kawaii, desu? Minna, daisuke!!" If a regular, almost totally English story doesn't appeal to you, than just click the back button right now.
6) This is just to let my readers know something important, since I see this often enough. Hinata does not know that Naruto has the Kyuubi sealed inside him. Remember, it was an A-class secret, and only adults know about it. Sorry, it's just that I see this mistake too often in fics to not be annoyed by it.
7) Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have anything you are unsure about, feel free to put it in a review or message me about it. Otherwise, go ahead to chapter one and tell me what you think =D