Hi everyone! This is my newest story. I got the idea when I was skimming through someone's profile for those copy and paste it's (yes, I'm that sad) and I came across this chain mail thing. (Note: I did not write it and I'm not claiming that I did. I have no clue who did write it. It's chain mail, after all.)Anyway, I've seen it before but this time I thought about writing about people completing this list. Of course, the first thing I though of was Harry Potter fanfiction. And then I thought about what characters to use. And, of course, I instantly thought of Fred and George.
So, I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to review and tell me what you think! =)
Disclaimer: I don't Harry Potter. I'm not that awesome.
It was the summer, and Fred and George Weasley were lounging around in their room at the Burrow, bored out of their minds. They had finished their experiments for the day and had nothing else to do.
'Wanna go prank someone?'
'Sure. Anything is better than nothing'
They both jumped to their feet, and started looking around their home for the first unsuspecting victim. Fred snatched up a newly perfected puking pastille as they passed their desk. George saw and grinned.
They climbed up the rickety staircase, searching for one of their many siblings. They reached Ron's room and peered inside. The only occupant was Hermione, who was writing a letter. They both flopped down on either side of her.
'Hey, Hermione!,' George exclaimed brightly.
'How's it going?,' Fred asked.
'Fine, I'm just writing to my parents,' Hermione replied distractedly. George scanned his younger brother's room and his eyes fell upon a sheet of paper that had obviously been sent by Muggle post. He picked it up and read it.
18 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level of Insanity
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "IN"
5. Put Decaf in the coffee maker for three weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to Expresso.
6. Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
7. Don't use any punctuation
8. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
9. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
10. Specify that your drive-through order is "To Go."
11. Sing along at the Opera.
12. Go to a poetry recital and ask why all the poems don't rhyme.
13. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
14. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
15. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I WON! I WON!"
16. When leaving the Zoo, start running towards the parking lot yelling,"Run for your lives, they're loose!!"
17. Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."
And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity...
18. Copy and send this list to someone to make them smile...It's called therapy.
A wide grin spread slowly across his face. He handed the piece of paper to Fred.
'Hermione, what's this?' Fred asked after he had finished reading it. Hermione looked up and glanced briefly at the letter.
'Oh, that. It's just some stupid chain mail some old friends of mine sent me,' she explained with a shrug.
'Can we keep it?,' Fred asked eagerly. Hermione looked surprised.
'Sure, I'm not even going to send it on.'
'Great! Thanks!' George said happily. He wrenched the paper from Fred's hands and ran back to his bedroom. Fred skidded to a halt not long after him.
'You know what this means, George?,' he asked conspiratorially. George nodded.
'Why, yes, I believe I do, Fred. It's time to maintain healthy levels of insanity.'