Hey!!! This isn't a story okay? It's just me interviewing some authors in the fruits basket category!!! I will sometimes send a request to interview someone and if they accept…I ask questions, they answer, and you learn. Right now is, one of my personal favorites, Chips Ahoy Pup-san so enjoy!!!
italic= Chips Ahoy Pup
1. In most of your stories, you have a character named "Pandora". What made you use this character?
Well, I actually made her a year ago. I draw animals all the time, and so I was just drawing... we were learning about the Greek gods that year, and Pandora was my favorite, mainly because she has a background that's easy to follow. Somehow, Pandora came about, and I enjoyed her personality, so I just used her.
2. As everyone knows...You love shigure right? Any reasons?
Yes, I have plenty of reasons. First of all, when my friend first told me about Fruits Basket, I mainly wanted to read it because I love animals. And dogs are my favorite animal. So I promised her I'd fall in love with him. Of course I did, and soon his personality won me over as well. (Also, he reminds me of Sirius Black.)
3. Where do you usually get your inspiration?
Hmm... I guess my inspiration comes from lots of places. First of all, my family and friends are a huge part of my inspiration. And another part is I usually listen to music while thinking up ideas for my stories.
4. As a lot of us know...ALL your humor stories are successful...does the humor come naturally? Or do you work hard to make it funny?
That depends. I usually think about my humor and end up laughing to myself, thinking, "Well, that's a stupid joke, but let's just use it and let everything build up from there." So I guess it's both ways... Like, I'll start a joke and from there it goes on and on to actually be funny.
5. Your writing is very good in fanfiction...are you good in school with writing? Has writing on fanfiction helped you?
If I said my writing was good in school, would that be bragging? Well... actually, my writing for school is always not meant to be humorous, but I tend to put my own opinions into things I write, and I guess my opinions turn out somewhat funny... and usually sarcastic. And, for the second part of the question, yes, writing on fanfiction has definitely helped me.
6. Do you like cake?
I like chocolate cake, but vanilla is too bland for my taste...
(lol I know it was a random question...but i was eating cake at the time and was curious...)
7. You have done some stories with other authors in fanfiction. Do you like working alone or with someone else?
Hmm... Good question. I'm in-between. I like working alone, and I like working with someone else just as much. Each has its differences... and if you work with someone else, sometimes ideas are easier to come up with... but then, working with yourself allows you to do whatever you want.
8. Have you ever heard of Fiction Press? If so, have you ever published anything on it?
I do have an account on there, but I've never had a chance to publish anything. Also, I'm not sure if anyone would want to read any of my stories... But I've come up with so many original stories, which are all stored on my computer upstairs in my room, which happens to have no internet. (Meaning I have to use a flash drive to upload stories... but I'm thinking of using my stories at some point.)
(i sure as hell would read em')
9. Do you sometimes get an idea from a story while doing something totally different? (For example: You have an idea about an amazing angst story...while eating a burrito)
Oh yes, definitely! I always end up doing that... most of the time I'm listening to music, and my mind just wanders off to wherever it goes. And when I snap back into reality, I'm suddenly thinking, "Great story idea!"
11. Not to get personal, but, do you think that, in general, someone's age can affect their writing?
Ah... no. I think anyone of any age can write great, as long as they want to. They have to work for it. There are many, many young writers out there who write just as great as adults.
12. Do you have any person favorite authors?
I have lots of favorite authors. Erin Hunter was always a HUGE inspiration for me when it comes to authors... (She writes the Warriors series.) Stephanie Myers is a great author too.
13. Did you notice there was no #10 question? Lol
...Honestly? No, I didn't until you pointed it out. But I'm dorky like that. And numbers just blur together for me. (Unless I'm doing Math. Then I need the numbers.)
14. Do you get some inspiration from TV or music?
I definitely get lots of inspiration from my music. TV is okay when it comes to inspiration... but I'd rather music. And, actually, I can't name a lot of TV shows on the top of my head, because I very rarely watch TV, but I could probably name a bunch of musical artists or songs on the top of my head. The radio is my best friend.
15. What are a few things you can't live without?
I have lots of things I can't live without. I can't live without my family, my dog, possibly my cats, my friends, music, computers (that sounds dorky, I know), my iPod, paper and pencils, the radio, anime and manga.
16. Have you made friends on fanfiction?
Yes I have. Tons of friends. But I won't list them. Instead, I'll just point out that my friends should know who they are.
Well I don't know about you…but I enjoyed interviewing Chips Ahoy Pup-san