20 Things I've Learned From Star Wars – The Prequel Trilogy
Summary: Star Wars has always been my most influential teacher, so I decided to share the wisdom the series has bestowed on me over the years. Some of them are direct quotes, while others are my own observations. This is the second installment, and focuses mostly on the prequel trilogy.
A/N: This list just started itself one day while I was re-watching my favorite movies. I wrote it all down while watching it, and then just left it sitting on my laptop. Until now – so enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or anything related to it, it all belongs to George.
1. Never leave your Jedi Apprentice alone with the beautiful Senator who he's been dreaming about for ten years – you won't be happy with the result.
2. Even though you promised your dying master that you'd train the boy… you may want to think twice about it.
3. Unless you've always secretly wanted to become a Sith Lord and terrorize the galaxy, I would advise AGAINST slaughtering an entire village of Sand People as punishment for killing your mother.
4. I don't care how friendly and nice the old man is – DO NOT trust Palpatine!
5. Be careful what you say to the Queen's handmaidens – you're mostly likely talking to the Queen without realizing it.
6. Don't look back.
7. I know you want to impress Padmé, but at least make an effort to pay attention to what Obi-Wan is saying while you're all in the room together, otherwise you'll just end up looking like an idiot.
8. There is a reason Mace Windu is the only black Jedi in Star Wars – you DON'T wanna mess with him!
9. The technology during the story of Luke and Leia's parents is OBVIOUSLY better than the technology twenty years into the future…. Right?
10. If your husband tells you that he is having dreams of your death, and that he wants more power as a Jedi, it's time to start worrying a little.
11. I don't care if you have the high ground or not – the fight isn't over until someone has been burnt to a crisp by lava.
12. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.
13. Just because you have lost probably the most important fight of your life does not mean that you get to go hide away on some small swampy little planet while everyone else sticks around to clean up the mess!
14. Never try to sell a Jedi death sticks – you'll want to go home and rethink your life.
15. Trusty little astromech droids should never stay put; their masters need them to save their butts too often.
16. If a former Jedi Master turned Separatist tells you that the Republic is under the control of the Sith… believe him!!!
17. You may think that the funny little boy you met on Tatooine is talented…but just you wait. You have NO idea what's coming next.
18. It may be wrong, it may break all the rules, and you know that you shouldn't, but sometimes giving into love is the only thing there is to do.
19. A mother is willing to give up anything and everything to save her children – even her own life.
20. There's still good in him…and as long as one person believes it, then there is still hope for the galaxy.
And that's all folks! Let me know what you think!