I silently sped along the highway, my favorite music drifting from my car stereo as I sipped on some hot coffee "Aw, man…" I complained when my warm drink spilled over my favorite jeans. Muttering incoherently, I began hastily wiping at my now stained jeans. A bright white light filled my vision, and I looked up to see two headlights headed right for me. My tires squealed as I tried to get out of the way, but I wasn't fast enough and we collided. My head hit the wheel, and everything went black.

* * *

* * *

My head was pounding when I opened my eyes. It felt like I was emerging from a fog, and that fog was clinging to my mind. Everything was blurry at first, and then I saw that I was looking up at a bleached white ceiling. Very slowly and carefully, I sat up, and a strong sense of vertigo hit me. I got the idea that I had been lying down for a while. Once my sight returned from my head rush, I looked around at my surroundings. I seemed to be in a hospital room, the room was empty except for the bed I had been lying on. Grunting slightly, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and carefully got to my feet. I barely registered the fact that I was still wearing my favorite jeans and t-shirt…not hospital garb. I walked out into the hallway, and I saw a nurse bundling past me.

"Excuse me," I began, but she didn't seem to hear me as she kept walking. I tried to speak to a few other hospital personnel, but none responded. I looked up to the ceiling in exasperation, and a bright light bulb brought images swirling into my conscious mind. I was in the car and spilled some coffee on my jeans…I was hit by another car! I looked down at the jeans I was wearing and saw that there was no stain on them, nor on my shirt. An icy grip clutched my stomach as I tried to speak to another person. This time I jumped right in front of them so they would have to speak to me. They walked right on past…or should I say through. The nurse walked right through me. I gasped. What was happening to me? I began running through the hallways, begging people to see me, to speak to me, but I got nothing. It was like I wasn't there. Finally, I came to a list of who was in the hospital. I quickly scanned it and saw my name. Christine Bellarose.

No need to panic, I told myself, just go to the room and there will be someone there to help. I ran up to the room the listing had instructed, but stopped dead when I saw something completely insane and impossible. Impossible, I told myself when I saw that lying in the hospital bed was none other than me. I looked terribly beaten up, bruised and broken. Sitting beside my bed was mom; she obviously came to see me. A thought hit me. Am I dead? I looked fearfully up at the heart monitor and sighed in relief when I saw that it was continuously beeping. A doctor came in then.

"Mrs. Bellarose?" He asked hesitantly. Mom looked up and I saw that her face was blotchy and her eyes were red from crying.

"Yes?" She answered, her voice cracking. It pained me to see her like that. She was obviously breaking apart inside.

"The tests just got back. As far as we can tell, your daughter is alright, but we only will be able to determine her full condition when she wakes up," He grimaced slightly. Mom took a deep breath.

"You mean if she wakes up?" She asked quietly. Frowning sympathetically, the doctor nodded. I felt a spasm of panic. I had to get back into my body. It was literally a matter of life and death.

"Mom, I'm going to be ok," I promised her aloud. She didn't look at me or anything, so I knew that she hadn't heard me. I reached out to touch her hand, but mine passed right through her. I felt a tear roll down my apparently non-existent cheek and I left the room. I couldn't handle it. It was too strange, sitting vigil over my own body. I decided to see if I could leave the hospital. I found that I could. I tried speaking to a few other people, but still no one acknowledged me. I needed to find someone who would see me. I wandered the streets of Saskatoon for days, obviously not needing food or water. I didn't sleep, I didn't stop. I merely roamed, hoping someone would acknowledge me. Several times I even stepped into the way of a car, and let it pass right through me. It was an odd feeling, watching the car pass through you but not physically feel it. I wandered and wandered, finally coming to the Marr Residence.

The Marr Residence is one of the oldest buildings in Saskatoon, and supposedly is haunted. I decided to see if I could find any ghosts there who could help me. I wandered right in, not bothering to try the door, but passing right through it. I called out, trying to alert someone or something of my presence, and I sure got a response.

A spine tingling scream echoed through the dark halls, and even though I knew nothing could harm me now, I was scared. I knew that the scream was not of the natural world, and that I was not alone in the old wooden building. I practically flew into the room nearest to me. It seemed to be the kitchen. There was an old stove sitting in one corner, and a rickety old table in the other. I sat down with a huff in a chair. I was relieved that I didn't sink right through it, and began singing to myself to wait it out until morning, trying not to let my terror overcome me. It would be a long night.