Tony leaned back on his couch, propping his feet up on the coffee table. In his mind, he could almost hear step-mom number whichever it was scolding him for putting his feet on the hand carved mahogany. He ignored her because it was his coffee table, paid for with his own money and he could put his feet on it if he wanted to. This last bit was thought with a satisfied smirk, and he rested his head against the back of the couch.
It had been a long, grueling day in the field. Gibbs had them combing the woods for hours looking for remains of a dead Marine, and they'd returned to headquarters hot, sweaty and covered in...
His cellphone vibrated and Tony smiled, almost as if he guessed who might be calling him. McGee would be getting home right about now. Tony ignored it until the vibrating stopped and waited until it started again. He ignored that call, too. Finally, McGee gave up calling and the phone beeped as a text message came in. Tony flipped open his phone with a grin.
* Why the fuck is BBQ sauce coming out of my shower head?
He laughed, and typed back the only response it deserved.
* Do you kiss your mother with that mouth, Probie?
A few seconds later, the phone beeped again.
* ha ha. not funny, Tony. I am hot, sweaty & NOW am covered in bbq sauceTony typed back:
* Yum. LOL!
To which the object of his teasing responded with a particularly amusing:
* only YOU would think that. it's disgusting! and I'm sure you're behind this somehow
Cackling loudly, Tony typed back a swift reply.
* who? me? only thing i did was call a plumber, like i said i would
McGee's plumbing was on the fritz, again, but Gibbs had them so busy he hadn't been able to make arrangements for someone to come out and look at it. One of Tony's old frat brothers owned a plumbing company, so Tony had offered to hook McGee. What he failed to mention, however, was that he'd also slipped his frat buddy a huge tip to throw in something extra... in the name of good fun. Sure, he'd pay to have it fixed properly later on, but for right now... the phone beeped again.
* yes, you. why i ever thought i could trust is beyond me. i swear i have no clue why i put up your antics
* got any more brilliant ideas? like how the hell I'm supposed to get cleaned up now?Tony got the second message before he could type up a response to the first, and for a moment, all he could do was stare at the phone while a naughty grin spread across his face.
* you put up with me because you love me. and I do have plenty of ideasHe hit send and soon the reply came back.
* sometimes, yes i do. what kind of ideas?Tony laughed.
* all the time and you know it. Throw on some sweats and a robe and come use my shower?When his phone beeped again, the text said: * just your shower? * well... ;-) * alright, alright. but if all you wanted was me to come over, tony, you could have done without turning my shower into a condiment dispenser
* just your shower?
* well... ;-)
* alright, alright. but if all you wanted was me to come over, tony, you could have done without turning my shower into a condiment dispenserTony read this last bit and laughed some more. He typed back, one last time:
* quit complaining and get your sticky buns over here, tim
* oh and bring some of that sauce with you. I'm in the mood for wings