Author note: Only one section left! How very sad. (In other news, I'm starting university soon! Le gasp. What exciting times we do live in. Holler if you like maths! :D) Big ol' thanks to everyone who's reviewed. It's great hearing what you all think.
Post-Supernatural Awareness Questions
1. When did you go through whatever made you supernatural? What was it like (in your opinion)?
Jacobyte had to wait for Jonathan to stop sniggering. "Well," he said, eventually. "Well, it all began back when—"
"Stop. Just stop."
"You don't want to hear the sordid tale?"
"Less sordidity, more smut."
"... those aren't the same things?"
"I'm moving on, now."
"That might be best."
2. What do you think now of being supernatural? Is it cool, or have you been screwed?
3. Do you have a mentor? Who are they? How did you become their student?
"I had a mentor. Sort of. Back at the Academy. Old... whatshisface. With the Technicolor moustache and the squint."
"Ohhh. Yeah. Him."
Jonathan considered Jacobyte. Then grinned. "You can't remember his name, either, can you?"
"Nope. Why would you need to? Technicolor moustache says it all, really."
4. Do you have any magical items? Where did you get them?
"Yes. And I was born with it."
Jacobyte's turn to consider Jonathan, then to consider Jonathan's crotch. "That's debatable."
5. What do you think of the other denizens of the World of Darkness? Why for each? (If you haven't met something, do you think it exists, and if it does, is that bad or good?)
"The other denizens," Jonathan said slowly, "of the World of Darkness. Hmm."
"They're not half bad?"
"And why do you think so?"
"Because they aren't half bad. Duh."
"Ah. Sorry. My mistake." Jacobyte straightened the page. "Care to answer the bracketed questions?"
"Eh. Might as well. If I haven't met something, do I think it exists? Well, yes. If it does exist, is that bad or good? That... would depend on the thing, surely?"
"Mm," said Jacobyte. "Next question?"
"If you'd be so kind."
6. Think of a major event that happened during your training/initiation. What was it?
"Does passing count?"
"Yee..." Jacobyte paused to squint. "Yes. Yes, we'll go with that."
7. What is something you had to learn during your training that you hated? Why did you hate it?
Jonathan was silent for a few moments. Long moments. So long Jacobyte barely heard the smaller man when he finally murmured, "They lied."
"Yeah," Jacobyte agreed several more long moments later, voice soft and eyes veiled.
"Why did I hate it?" Jonathan went on, raising eyebrows at the gray outside their window. The grey that never changed. The scenery, if you could call it that, that both he and Jacobyte knew by heart. "Because they lied. They promised they could help you fix things, and they reeled you in with their pretty words, and it was all a lie. And there's no way out." He scoffed, emotion finally returning to his tone and expression. "Not like that matters, now. No way out here, either."
Jacobyte turned to the next page.