This is a cute little two-shot story I had thought up at around midnight the previous night. I hope you enjoy! And for all of you who don't know Ayrel, she's my own character. Read the notes at the bottom of chapter one of my story Straw Hat Legacies: The Name's Caout and read chapters 15 and 16 of that story to learn about her.
Disclaimer: I have never owned One Piece and I never will.
Ten year old Ayrel sat on a rock by a small river. She brushed some of her brown hair out of her eyes. It had been three days since she arrived on Dawn Island…Three days since she first met her very distant cousin, the eight year old Luffy, and his adopted brother, the eleven year old Ace.
Ayrel and Ace had gotten off to a decent start. He was pleasant company. But Luffy and Ayrel were anything but friends…They did not like each other at all. Perhaps because Ayrel's Spark-Spark Fruit powers and Luffy's Gum-Gum Fruit powers were opposites…
Ayrel turned when she heard footsteps coming up from behind her. Her dark brown eyes caught sight of Ace. He walked casually towards her, a piece of paper in his hand.
"Hey, Ace!" Ayrel greeted with a smile, "What's up?"
"Nothing much," Ace responded, holding out the paper, "Here…It's for you."
Ayrel took the paper and looked at it. On the top, in big letters, were the words "FIVE THINGS TO AVOID WHEN YOU'RE WITH LUFFY". Ayrel gave Ace a look, wondering what was this about.
"You said you're going to be staying here for a while, right?" Ace said, "Well, I took the liberty of making a list of things you should never do when you're with Luffy."
"Why would I be with that rubber idiot in the first place?" Ayrel replied with a frown.
"C'mon, Ayrel," Ace said, "Just read it…"
Ayrel sighed and decided to take a look at what Ace had written. She admired his rather neat handwriting before reading the first item.
1. Never replace Luffy's straw hat with a fedora. I don't care how cute you think he looks in it. He will be mad and won't speak to you for around five days.
Ayrel looked up at Ace.
"A year back, Luffy, Sabo and I accidently broke into a hat shop," Ace explained, "It's a long story…"
"Why a fedora?" Ayrel asked.
"Fedoras are cool."
Ayrel shook her head and looked back at the list
2. Don't explain where rubber comes from. He will spend the next five weeks believing he was born from a tree.
"There's no way he'd be that stupid!" Ayrel laughed, only to quiet down when she saw Ace solemnly nodding his head.
3. Do not ask why he counts five meals a day when he's calculating how many meals he missed while he was doing something. He will assume you mean that he should be counting more meals a day. And, damn it, I will not be spending extra time in that godforsaken forest just to satisfy his insane appetite!
"You know," Ayrel said, "Your appetite isn't much better, Ace…"
"Just shut up and read the stupid list," Ace responded, crossing his arms in front of him.
The next item on the list was interesting…
4. In the name of all that is holy, DO NOT answer him when he asks you why Dadan seems extra moody and extra cranky for a few days each month. Four your own sake, my sanity and his purity, PLEASE IGNORE HIM! I beg of you, just walk away if he asks this! DO NOT RESPOND!
Ayrel had absolutely nothing to say to this…And Ace was glad for that…He didn't want her to know how many close calls he had with Luffy about that particular item on the list.
Ayrel turned her attention to the last thing that she should avoid, as stated by the list. She couldn't help herself. She grinned and let out a small laugh.
"What's so funny?" Ace asked, a small blush creeping across his face, "I'm dead serious about that last one!"
"I know," Ayrel replied as she stood up. She ruffled the older boy's hair, "And that's why I'm laughing…It too cute! And so like you!"
Ace pushed the girl's hand away and walked off, a little embarrassed. Ayrel looked back to the list and reread the last item before safely stowing the list in the pouch that was attached to her leg…
5. Now this is the most important thing, so pay attention! Do not, and I mean never ever, tell Luffy that you hate him…or make him cry…Because if you do…I will kill you…
You would be surprised how long it took me to make this even though it is so short! But I am in love with this! Isn't that so like Ace, the last one? In a couple days, I will put out the second half of the story!
Read and review please!