The boys ended up winning the gold, defeating Finland and coming from behind once again. I was so happy I was crying as I congratulated the guys on the ice. They were so excited. This was Buzz's first gold medal and he was enjoying it.

I watched the award ceremony with a bright smile. They were standing as one, as they should have been from the beginning. All different walks of life coming together under one banner, the banner of the USA.

Everything went back to normal. The bus ride back to Minnesota was loud and obnoxious as all the boys laughed and cut up. We were a family now and that made me happy.

After everything settled down, we went our separate ways. We all spent New Year's together, thought and that was fun.

Jimmy became goalie for Atlanta. He and his dad came back to visit with the guys every now and then. They called on regular basis to make sure the rest of us were living.

Jack moved to Chicago to play with the Blackhawks. I heard from him every now and then, mainly when he wanted all of us to come visit. We did and we all had fun. He was having an amazing career and was enjoying every minute of it, especially with his new girlfriend.

Rizzo didn't play in the NHL, turning down an offer from the New York Rangers. He went on to broadcast for hockey which was fun for him. I tuned in every time he was on and enjoyed his announcements.

Mac was drafted to the Buffalo Sabres where he enjoyed not only playing but also goofing off in town. He returned to Lake Placid every winter to walk along the streets where we had made history.

Bah didn't play in the NHL. He went to play in the AHL where he had an amazing year. He had been hit hard and begged for me to check him out. I knew it was a ploy to get me to come see him. He and I kept in constant contact.

After the games, Buzz and I returned to Minnesota where we made hard decisions. Buzz left me right after the Olympics to play in Switzerland. He set me a watch when he got the chance. I was proud of him. Not only for being my family but also for being my friend. We talked all the time on the phone. He had a child in February of 1981 and named him Billy. He was a cut baby and luckily for the both of us we were able to be there. He retired two years later to be closer to his family.

Herb continued to coach at the University of Minnesota and we all called him on a weekly basis. He was a happy man since he coached the US to win the Olympics. He was a family man and that was all that counted.

Silky was drafted to the New York Rangers shortly after the Olympics and traded to the Bruins in 1983, fulfilling his lifelong dream to play in his hometown.

As for me, I took a job as a trainer with the Boston Bruins, moving in with Silky as soon as I could. We got married in the fall of 1980. When he was traded to the Bruins in '83, it made it easier for him to be close to home and to our son, Denver.

As a team, we met on New Year's, like I said, and every five years on the anniversary of the Soviet defeat. All our families were invited and we had a good time as not only a gold medal team, but also as an extended family.