This will be the one and only time I'll say it because I don't like repeating myself (just ask my kids) - I don't own Twilight or its characters, but I do own this plot. Just remember that for future reference.
1) This story originally started as a drabble, but the characters wouldn't shut up, so it kind of got out of control. Drabble fics typically have short chapters. Initially, you could just view the shortest chapters as pieces of a puzzle.
2) There are a lot of chapters. This is not because I am a review h00r. If you choose to review every chapter then that's very thoughtful of you, but I didn't write the short chapters just to bump up my review tally. That said, reviews are awesome.
3) MGM Film Producer and Studio Executive, Louis B. Mayer, once said, "There's only one good plot, and that's a delayed fuck." This story is about UST. Unresolved Sexual Tension. My characters will not be fucking any time soon... it's all about the build up. If you want instant gratification there are a bazillion other fics that will cater to your whim. I suggest you type the word "Smut" or "Lemony" in the search engine instead of anything written by Bower-Of-Bliss. I prefer plot/character driven stories where the sex (when it happens) is meaningful. That's just how I roll.
4) Haterz move to the left. If you have nothing constructive to say and just want to flame me personally, then say nothing at all and flounce (quietly). Instead, save that energy for your other favorite pastimes... such as treading on puppies, stealing candy from children, and denouncing Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. In otherwords, I don't need my spirit crushed, thanks.
5) At times, this story will be bordering on crackfic, and at other times it will merrily dance into full-blown crackfic, so if it makes you laugh or cringe in embarrassment, then I have accomplished my mission.
Hope you like this. B-o-B xx
~*~ Drowning, Not Waving ~*~
Sunday morning - 27th May 2012 7.30am.
Humidity and the familiar, heavy scent of chlorine hits me like a wave the instant I open the front door of the building. To me, the aquatic center is like a second home. As I walk through the door, I jump in fright when the balding head of Joseph Brandon pops up from behind the reception desk like a jack-in-the-box. He's busy on the phone, and I give him a small wave in greeting.
"Hi, Joe," I mouth.
He grins at me in acknowledgement. With his head cocked to one side, he holds the phone between his ear and shoulder, listening intently to whoever is on the other end of the line. Absently, he searches his pockets and then starts to shift items around on the desk.
"Have you seen my glasses?" he mouths.
Reaching forward, I pull the reading glasses that are perched on top of his head, down to the bridge of his nose. He smiles sheepishly and flips through the pages of booking sheets that are clipped to a large board that is affixed to the desktop.
"Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay," he says into the phone. Picking up a pen and a ruler, Joe crosses out a name. "Well, thanks for letting us know, Mrs. Cameron and I hope we'll see Jared back once he's feeling better. Bye now." He nestles the outdated phone back into its cradle and gives me a fatherly kiss on the cheek. "Good morning, Bella."
"So, was that a cancellation from one of my students?"
"Yeah, Jared from the 9:00am class came down with some sort of violent stomach bug last night. He's in hospital so he won't be here today, and he might miss next Sunday's lesson, too; however, he's no longer one of your students. You don't teach in the Swordfish lane anymore."
"What? Since when?" I ask, irritation lacing my tone.
"Um… I've made some changes to the roster."