Disclaimer : The characters are unfortunatly not mine, so Tom Hansen will stay that desesperate guy who's looking for love. But the character of Autumn has not yet been husked, so I handle it as I please. This story will talk about Tom and his relationship with Autumn. The prologue I wrote is the final scene of 500 days of Summer, so it's not plagiat ! I added some narratif paragraphs, I hope you'll enjoy ^^
Kisses readers (yes I hope to be read ! Poor me) And...
There's only two kinds of people in the world. There's women, and there's men.
Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life.
Tom's going for a job interview.
He walks down the hall without looking right or left, confident, and sits on the couch in the waiting room. A young woman were sitting there already. A competitor? He nodded to be polite to the young woman, as a hello, then looked away, his attention diverted by the sight of the place. Nothing to compare with the building he used to work in the last month. Nothing. No greeting cards, no copy room, and surely no Summer.
« Are you interviewing?
- Are you interviewing.. for, the audition..?
- Oh yeah, well are you?
- Yes. »
She shook her head madly. Then, he whispered:
« The competition.
- Yeah, so... a little awkward.
- Well, uh, I hope you, don't get the job.
- Well I hope you won't get the job ! She says with a persuasive air emphasizing the "you". »
They laughed at the reply of the young brunette.
« Have I seen you before ?
- Me? I don't think so.
- Do you ever go to Angela's Plaza ?
- Yes... That's like my favorite spot in the city. He wondered with a smile.
- Yeah, except for the parking lots, but...
- Yeah, yeah I agree ! He interupted her, surprised, with a smile on his face.
- Yeah, yeah I think I've seen you there.
- I haven't seen you?
- You must not have been looking... »
If Tom had learned anything, it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence... Tom had finally learned, there are no miracles. There's no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be. He knew, he was sure of it now.
A voice aroused him from his thoughts purely philosophical. He looked up and he find a man standing
« Tom Henson ?
- Yes.. yes !
- It's your turn.
- I'm coming! He said, jumping up. »
He stood up and followed the man. Tom had come to understand that miracles do not exist. Fate does not exist. Nothing is drawn. He knew and was sure. Tom was...
« Excuse me, I... I just left... Can I, uh... Excuse me, one moment.. He says to the man who had come to arrest him.»
... pretty sure.
- You again. She replied, smiling.
- Yeah, he said with putting that pretty smile in his face. I was just wondering if maybe after this, if...»
He was lost in contemplation of the girl, who wore a broad smile sparkling.
« ... Can we get some coffee or something?
- I'm sorry I'm... just supposed to see someone.
- Ok... He replied after a while, looking disappointed. »
After he had turned his back, she reflect for a while, and finally shook his head, before dressing on her lovely face the same bright smile.
- Yeah ?
- Why not ! She said, laughing slightly.
- Ok, I will join you... or I'll wait...
- We'll figure it out !
- We'll figure it out... He repeted, lost of words.»
He looked at her, delighted. Then he held out his hand.
« I'm Tom.
- Nice to meet you. I'm Autumn.»
She shook his hand. He frozed, sounded a bit, thinking a of bad joke, before smiling back at her, looking in the space, amazed. And then, Tom knew again. Tom was trusting in destiny. Again.