The next morning I sluggishly got up from my spot at the kitchen counter and I looked at the time, it was 6:00 Am. I need to go to workI thought, so I got up and began to make myself look decent for the day to come. It was 6:30 by the time I got finished. I busied myself by making breakfast for Moriarty and making some for myself. When I was done I left a note by it to tell him that I was at work and that Rachael would take care of him. I left the flat at about 6:55 and knocked on Rachael's door.

"Hello?" A sleepy voice said from inside.

"Hi, it's me." I said. The door opened, and Rachael emerged wearing flannel and a large t-shirt. Her hair was in a messy bun.

"Oh, hi."

"I'm going to work right now, so do you think you could look after Moriarty for me today? Just make sure he has everything he needs and stuff."

"Yes, of course."

"Thank you."

"No problem." I nodded and I walked away.

When I had parked and went to the lab I took a deep breath, it felt good to be back.. I immediately immersed myself in work. I started to research certain chemical reactions with different elements. It was quite fun, to watch the reactions, to see how they exploded and such. A few times I took a break to call Rachael to see how things were going. She didn't answer any of those times. I shrugged it off, but I was still a little worried.

Soon enough it was time to leave. When I got into the car I called Rachael to tell her I was coming home soon, there was no answer. I only received her friendly voice mail.

Hi! This is Rachael. I'm sorry I couldn't answer but if you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

I then tried my own flat, there was no answer, the worry I had earlier turned into panic. I drove a little bit faster. I arrived at the flat quickly and ran up the stairs, the door was open and the lock was broken. I slowly opened the door and was greeted with a horrible site. The flat was a mess, papers were everywhere, furniture was turned over, and worst of all Moriarty was gone. I ran over to Rachael's flat and it was in the same condition. I walked back to my flat, and sat on the broken couch. I put my head in my hands.
What am I going to do? I can't go to the police without them possibly recognizing me. I started to sob, then the sobbing turned into full out crying. I sat there like that for 2 hours, then my phone beeped. I checked it, and it was a text from a blocked number. I read the text then I froze.

If you want you precious criminal and friend you will have to do everything I say. This is just a warning though. The real fun begins tomorrow. Good luck, and trust me, you'll need it.

"Oh God."