A/N: OMG IT'S NOT SET IN A NEW MOON AU.
Yeah, it's still me writing. I can see why that might throw you off. ;-)
1. This is a POST-BREAKING DAWN fic in canon AU. If, like me, you're so leery of heartfail that you have become very choosy about what fics you'll read in that setting, and you have questions about who ends up with whom and what sort of ending this is, feel free to PM me. I don't care about spoiling this fic.
2. This is also a fic-ification of a Hindi movie, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, which is one of my all-time favorites and which I believe everyone everywhere should watch, including the part where the electric guitar isn't plugged into an amp and yet still manages to produce the chords to "Koi Mil Gaya." If you watch it, you'll be able to figure out the ending to this story.
3. I'm just going to say this here, one time, for this entire story: Twilight belongs to Stephenie Meyer. Not me.
4. Warnings: language, sexual content, and excessive sappiness.
5. Thanks so much to my darlings FatedFeathers and HoochieMomma for beta'ing and suffering through all my freak-outs while still insisting they love me, cretin for pre-reading and coming up with all the objections so I don't have to (and also suffering through my freak-outs), and to BellaFlan for naming this fic and thus saving you from having to sound out another Latin monstrosity.
She could remember it all. She could even make sense of it now.
"Son, her body can't withstand it."
"She has a plan. We have a plan. At the moment of delivery we're going to inject her with my venom."
"You're not planning on surviving this human. Emergency vampirization."
"What was the point of me loving you? What was the point of you loving him?"
"Bella, love, please reconsider."
"No. No! I've felt him. You know he's there. It's not right for him to die."
"And it is right for you to die? I'm sorry, love, but I can't agree."
"It will be fine, Bella, you'll see."
"Rosalie, no no no please don't let him do this no—"
"Jasper, why are you waiting? You've got Rose, get her too."
A wave of peace, comfort, well-being.
"You don't have to assist, Edward."
"Yes. I do. This was my mistake. I'll help to fix it."
Being flipped and turned. It was kind of fun.
Something was wrong so wrong and all she could do was kick kick kick
"Oh my God. It's still alive."
"Open the womb and let's have a look."
Shearing loud unbearable screeching noise
Light so bright it hurt her eyes
The tightness in her chest was gone. That was better.
"Oh dear Lord. Oh dear Lord."
"Carlisle, it's alive."
"She's alive. Edward, a girl."
Cold. Everything was cold and wet and wrong and she wanted the voice. She wanted the voice more than anything, the one that spoke to her in the dark warmth and let her know she wasn't alone.
"She wants her mother."
"Hold her, Edward; tell her it's going to be okay."
"I'll hold her. Edward, it's all right."
Hard and cold and another familiar voice. Someone cradling her.
"Rose, I tried to kill her. Nothing will ever be all right again."
"I told you that but you always think you know best, you insufferable prig. Jasper, if you don't leave this house right now you're going to have to kill me, or I'll kill you first."
"She means it, Jazz."
"Did Bella ever say what she wanted to name the baby?"
"She's been looking in a baby name book."
"Give her to me."
"Oh my God, she's awake."
"She wants her mother!"
"How do you know?"
"She just—I just know."
"You give me that baby now."
"Bella, love, you can't—"
The voice sounded different. Raspier. Harder.
"Don't you ever call me love again. And you. Jasper. GET OUT."
"You took her out of me without my permission, you bastard. Give me my baby."
The voice and warmth, more warmth, the right warmth. A wonderful smell. Maybe taste?
"No, no, baby. No biting humans."
"Bella, weren't you thinking of naming her after your mother, or Esme?"
"I'm not naming her after one of you. And my mother can't even meet her so what's the point of naming her that?"
"What would you like the baby's name to be, Bella?"
"Saisha. You can put that on her birth certificate. Saisha Charlene Swan."
"We'll talk about this when you're feeling better."
"Yes, Edward. We will."
Back in the cooler arms.
"When you feed her, don't you dare give her human blood. I don't want her to be like you. Like any of you."
She could remember.
She just wished she couldn't.