『One-Handed Sword 』

«Basic Type»
Slash / Thrust

«Weapon Skills»
Horizontal
Diagonal / Slant
Vertical
Uppercut
Vertical Arc
Horizontal Arc
Vertical Square
Horizontal Square
Savage Fulcrum
Sonic Leap
Rage Spike
Snake Bite
Vorpal Strike
Deadly Sins
Howling Octave

«Passive Skills»
Armor Pierce
Non-System Assist Bonus

«Description»
All players start with this skill. It involves equipping a sword light enough to be able to be lifted using one hand to either the left or the right hand. By using any of its related active skills, you can level up this skill by 1 point, with a 100% chance, for each hit (successful or blocked) on an NPC whose level has a discrepancy of no lower than 20 levels. This chance is reduced by 0.9% for every point, like compound interest, so at 100 skill points, the chance becomes 99.1%^100, or 40.4%; at 500 skill points the chance becomes 1.0884%; at 900 skill points the chance becomes 0.02926099141710991839343549809352% meaning you'll get your next point approx. after 3417 hits.

Since all players start with this skill, many (if not all) basic weapon skills come from this parent skill, and this is the skill with the most number of recorded weapon skills. (Many recorded skills have yet to be documented.)

(About «Unlock Transfer»)
Unique to One-Handed Sword, it is possible to remove all the skill points in this skill (effectively "removing it") and transfer these points to another basic weapon skill. This will allow you to immediately unlock and level up that basic weapon skill, but this process is irreversible, can only be done once, only applies if this skill has 100 or less skill points, and resets this skill to 1. This process is done automatically if you equip and use a weapon associated with the «Unlock Transfer» Applicable section without unlocking it normally.

(About Armor Pierce)
This ability is only active on certain weapons. You can deal armor piercing damage on armored enemies, if your skill points are 500 or above.

(About Non-System Assist Bonus)
Critical chance increases by 20% for each 100 points in your basic weapon, but only if you can control your weapon as fast as the system performs it.

«Post requisites»
Two-Handed Sword (at 100 points)

(«Unlock Transfer» Applicable)
One-Handed Axe (Equip an Axe; at 30 points)
One-Handed Curved Sword (Equip a Curved Sword; at 30 points)
One-Handed Dagger (also called Short Sword) (Equip a Dagger)
One-Handed Hammer («Unlock Transfer» only, if from this skill)
One-Handed Rapier (at 50 points)
One-Handed Shield (Equip a Shield; at 20 points)
One-Handed Staff (Equip a Staff; at 10 points)
One-Handed Lance (also called Halbert) («Unlock Transfer» only. if from this skill)
Two-Handed Staff (Equip a Staff; AGI must be 10 or more)
Two-Handed Axe (Equip an Axe; STR must be 10 or more)

«Inheritable Post Requisites»
Extended Weight Limit (Equip a Sword w/ a STR requirement +5 than your STR)
Extended Inventory Limit (Have Extended Weight Limit; Fill your Inventory)
Parry (Block a Sword Skill using your own Sword)
Sword Rush (Run and use a Sword Skill)
Blade Throwing (Must have Item Throwing; at 150 points)

«Unique» Dual Blades (?)
«Unique» Holy Sword (?)

«Notes»
It was quite easy getting information about these data, mostly because 30% of the entire SAO population, including people I personally know, have mastered this «skill». However, I have my doubts over if I should include «Dual Blades» and «Holy Sword», mostly because I have no idea how to get those skills. («Kirito» even told me that he doesn't know.) However, I suspect it had something to do with mastering «One-Handed Sword». As for «Heathcliff»… let's just say it's been hard contacting that guy. He's too… calm, so I could presume that his «Unique Skill» requires both the mastery of «One-Handed Sword» and «One-Handed Shield».
-Argo

"Stop bugging me…! *looking around for other information brokers* Even I don't know how it got to my «Skills List». It was … just there."
-Kirito

(Response: I always wonder why that guy dislikes that unique skill. I'd pay a fortune just to even know how that skill works!)

"«One-Handed Sword» is a practical skill, but I personally think it's a useless one, compared to «Two-Handed Sword». Even the «Rapier» sounds better. HAHAHAHAHA!
-A guy living in the «45th floor».

(Response: Understandable, because most «One-Handed Sword» users use a «Shield» of some sort. However, that guy should see some of the good solo players use that so-called "useless skill".)


Notes:
(09/04/12) Changed stuff confirmed in the new translated chapters of Volume 10.
(09/15/12) Fixed Skill Points Leveling Issues in regards to «Weapon Leveling Up», designed it so that "advanced" skills will be easier to level; added «Vertical Arc» and «Horizontal Arc».
(09/27/12) Added «Savage Fulcrum»; reset Skill Prequisites more appropriately.
(10/01/12) Removed Star Splash; Placed Howling Octave

(07/21/14) Fixed Skill Points. Again. Added Term Unlock Transfer.