Title: Word of the Day v. FFIV
Author: Garnet Eyes
Archived: fanfiction .net, livejournal .com
Last Updated: 30 May 2011
Summary: 31 August 2000 edition.
Characters/Pairings: Cecil, Kain
Author Notes: rusticate, intransitive verb;
1. To go into or reside in the country; to pursue a rustic life.
1. To require or compel to reside in the country; to banish or send away temporarily.
2. (Chiefly British) To suspend from school or college.
3. To build with usually rough-surfaced masonry blocks having beveled or rebated edges producing pronounced joints.
4. To lend a rustic character to; to cause to become rustic.
Disclaimers: Final Fantasy IV is owned by Square-Enix and I in no way, shape, or form profit off of my writing. This is simply for my own pleasure, and may at any time be removed and/or modified as I see fit.
Cecil was fast asleep in the crook of his arm, completely drained after being roused from bed so early. Supposedly, they were both fishing in the lake, but in reality Kain was the only one holding a rod. It was a good thing that there was a tree at the edge of the embankment, or Cecil would be painfully red by the middle of the day. Kain didn't mind being a pillow, because noise startled fish so it wasn't like they could have talked anyway, and he appreciated the fact that his best friend was willing to drag himself from bed before the sun was up just because the blonde had asked. Cecil was warm and comfortable against him, and this was probably the only time outside of missions that he would ever willingly sleep on the ground. The adopted prince was far too prissy to willingly put up with a commoner's amenities for any reason except for necessity. Or for Kain. Which always earned a smile when the blonde thought about it.