Two weeks later, Sabrina came back from her trip to Canada. Not only had she renewed forces, she had renewed her ideas too. Thinking so much about her relationship with Doug, she concluded that it belonged to the past and the past is meant to be left behind. So the best way to go on with her life was letting go of him and everything related to him.
With these thoughts, the cab from the airport arrived to her home. After checking her mail, she entered her apartment and wasn't surprised to find Doug waiting for her seated on her couch.
- Well, I can't say I'm surprised to find you here. Maybe you are more predictable than you think.
- What did you expect? You leave me behind for two weeks and you expect me to do nothing? At least I've left you alone for your trip.
- Ha! That's rich. I've left you behind for two weeks? Excuse me if I don't say sorry. Anyway, you are waiting for an answer, aren't you?
- It's the least you owe me.
- Now with that attitude you aren't making things easier, you know? In fact I don't owe you anything at all, keep that in mind.
- Oh, really? What about the day I saved you from that creep that was about to kill you?
- That was your choice, I never asked you to save me or kill anyone for me. And let's not change the point, you want an answer, I have one: I don't want to be with you. I appreciate your love for me, but I don't think you are a good man, so let's break this thing between us and live our lives separately, it will be the best for both of us.
- WHAT? You can't say that. You are not saying that. I didn't hear what you just said. The best for us? Are you crazy or what? I've waited for five long years and now you just say good bye? I don't believe you, Sabrina. I'm sure you are in love with me as much as I am with you.
- I'm sorry Doug, but you belong to my past and I don't feel like retrieving something that wasn't meant to be from the beginning. Don't you see it? We spent only a few days together, that's not what you would call a real relationship and then everything fell apart. They were beautiful days but that's over and we can't just pretend that nothing happened, because it has. I've thought much about it and the only explanation I find is that we weren't meant to be just from the beginning. So let's forget about all this, please.
- And what about the kissed we shared three weeks ago? Was it only a dream?
- No, it wasn't but I was so confused at the moment that I couldn't think clearly. I wouldn't repeat it again.
Doug suddenly stood up and moved right in front of Sabrina and then he talked: "OK. Look into my eyes and tell me you don't love me. If you are able to do it, then I'll just leave forever."
She did as she was told, looked him into his eyes and said calmly: "I don't love you Doug, not anymore."
With a face showing surprise and pain he just stared at her for a moment before storming out of the apartment.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ! I really need to know if you want me to go on with this story or just stop it here. I don't know if I'm boring you already, so I leave it to your choice. I have some ideas to go on with it, but now it's only up to you. I'll wait for your responses. And thank you for reading me. :)