Three Musketeers Fanfiction Challenges
A forum dedicated to Alexandre Dumas fanfiction writers in need of inspiration, cures for writer's blocks, or just want a challenge to write! Discuss the books, movies and plays and have some fun while doing it!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
LadyWallace
Hello everyone! I'm Lady Wallace and I'm co-admin for this forum. I thought we should start off by introducing ourselves. Name: Lady Wallace Favorite Three Musketeer character: My favorite character is D'Artagnan followed closely by Athos Favorite book in the series: I love the first book, but Twenty Years After is my favorite. Favorite movie: So far, I like the 1973 version, though that might change when I see the new 2011 movie. I'm hoping to see it soon. Stories I've written or have in the works: I'm writing a story right now called Return of Mordaunt. It's kind of an alternate about if Mordaunt wasn't really dead and he comes back to get revenge on the Musketeers particularly Athos. It's not done yet, but it will be finished before long. Introduce yourself, tell us a little about you and then feel free to start discussion! Cheers, Lady Wallace
11/3/2011 #1
lilgenious

Hello everybody, I am lilgenious and I am the founder of this forum and look forward to meeting everybody! The Three Musketeers is my favourite book series by Alexandre Dumas and my favourite character would have to be Athos... D'Artagnan... wait make that all of them. Yes sad fact about me is that I even like Milady de Winter even though she turned out to be quite evil in the books, but she is such a unique character that I could not help myself! Another sad fact that most of you are well aware of by now is that I haven't seen the 2011 movie yet so I don't know anything about airships or even the epic swordsman skills that were shown on the movie, that will change though when I get the DVD. The one story that is posted right now for the fanbase is called the Protectors and I am going through a huge writer's block that it is beginning to annoy me... however another story that I did have posted was called Achilles Heel which is currently being rewritten.

I am very impressed with all the stories that are on the fanbase and I enjoy them all! So to all of you who are writing or are planning to write a story for the Three Musketeers keep up the great work! To those of you who did not read her story, Lady Wallace's Return of Mordaunt is very excellent.

I look forward to meeting and talking with everybody and can't wait for the discussion post to begin!

11/3/2011 #2
xXgirlmusketeerXx
hello! I'm xXgirlmusketeerXx. My favourite is Aramis. Porthos is a close second. I'm in the process of reading the book and i've seen the new movie. I vagely rember seeing Man in the Iron Mask 1993, but for some reason i can't seem to remember the exact details. I havn't written any fanfics yet, but i have r&r a lot since i signed up.
11/3/2011 #3
lilgenious

Hello xXgirlmusketeerXx, it is very nice to meet you.

I have to agree that Aramis is a great character and so is Porthos, they are all my favourite because they are great. The book is amazing though a little slow at the beginning and it rather amusing in spots so I hope that you enjoy reading it :-) Perhaps an idea or two will pop up when you are reading the book and you will write a fanfic...

Again it is nice to meet you!

11/3/2011 #4
LadyWallace

Hey xXgirlmusketeerXx! Glad you joined us =)

Aramis and Porthos are awesome in the books (especially Porthos) so I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you read it. I so want to see the new movie. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! I loved the Man in the Iron Mask movie (the one that Randall Wallace wrote/directed, which I imagine is the one you're talking about) I thought all the characters were portrayed great except I wasn't as impressed with Athos which is a strong point for me. Everyone else was good though :)

11/3/2011 #5
qwardofanima

Hello! It's tough for me to pick a favorite when they've all got such good chemistry with each other, not to mention I'm an extremely indecisive individual. It's a curse. Anyway, I've seen the 1970s, 1993, and 2011 Three Musketeers movies and am currently half-way through the book which I decided to pick up on Tuesday after seeing the new movie. Each movie is very different from each other, and I loved them all and like seeing how each movie was influenced in a different manner. ;D

11/3/2011 #6
LadyWallace

Hi, qwardofanima! I'm glad you joined us :)

I agree with you on the movies. I watched practically all the versions (except still not the new one, curse it!) and I enjoyed to see how they were all portrayed differently. How are you liking the book so far?

11/3/2011 #7
Ammaviel

Hello! I'm Ammaviel and I love Three Musketeers. I have to apologize for my English, I'm polish, so it's not fluent. I read all the books exept The Vicomte of Bragelonne. My favourite character is Athos, but I like the others too. I saw all the movies, but for now my favourite is the newest one, from 2011. But that one from 1993 is also very good, I particulary like Kiefer Sutherland in it. I want to write a fanfiction about the new movie but it will be propably in polish, i'm not that good in english to write one I'm affraid.

11/4/2011 #8
lilgenious

Hello Ammaviel! Don't worry your English is really good! I am not at all fluent with the Polish language but I do look forward to your story when you write one. I sadly never watched the 2011 version but I have watched the 1993 version and enjoyed it very much... Ah agreed! Kiefer Sutherland was great in the movie!

It is very nice to meet you and I do hope that you will write a story for this fanbase. Have you written any other stories? Hmm I shall check this out!

11/4/2011 #9
Ammaviel

I wrote a few stories, but they're all in polish and in progress. I tried to start something in english and wrote a prolouge, but after that I got stuck.

11/4/2011 #10
qwardofanima

@LadyWallace: I'm loving it. It's really captured my attention. I've never been the best reader and I tend to read slowly when it's not fanfiction or Harry Potter, however reading The Three Musketeers is proving to be the highlight of my day when I get the chance to actually sit down and read a few chapters.

@Ammaviel: I agree. The 2011 is my new favorite too. It was previously the 1993 version because I loved how well Oliver Platt, Charlie Sheen, and Kiefer Sutherland meshed as the three musketeers. They played the characters well, and I'll always enjoy that version of the story, but Matthew Macfadyen and Logan Lerman!!! OMG. I love Macfadyen as Athos, and right now that's the reason why I've decided that Athos is my favorite character (for the moment). That man's voice is irresistible. 333333 (Those 3s...they're actually hearts. Darn you ff.net! *shakes fist*)

11/4/2011 #11
LadyWallace

I'm glad you're liking it qwardofanima :) It took a while for me to get through it as well because I'm a slow reader in general, but it's definitely a really good book.

And Hi to you, Ammaviel! Glad we're getting lots of people on here!

I totally agree about Keifer Sutherland. He was the best part of that movie.

11/4/2011 #12
lilgenious

I am very glad that you are enjoying the book qwardofanima! It is very good but I have to admit that it is a little slow in parts and rather amusing in others. I seemed to have skipped over you when I was replying to somebody else so for that I do apologise and would like to welcome you to the forum!

11/4/2011 #13
lilgenious

I think I shall learn how to speak Polish so that I could read the stories you have written! If you need any help with English you can contact me and I will help you. Don't worry about the Polish stories! There are quite a few of them on this fanbase and they get a lot of hits.

11/4/2011 #14
schweinsty

Hi, guys! I'm schweinsty, and I'm really enjoying this fandom so far :D.

I've read the books and watched the 73, 93, and 2011 versions, all of which I've enjoyed, and I've poked around the bookverse fandom a bit, though it was the recent film that made me take the plunge and stop lurking.

My favorite characters - hmm, in the books I really have a soft spot for Mosqueton, and Aramis and Porthos are hilarious. 2011-film-wise - honestly, I liked them all. It was a fun movie. Buckingham was great in an incredibly hammy way, and I loved how D'Artagnan interacted with the musketeers.

Stories I'm writing - I actually have a couple of stories in the works! I'm really busy right now, but hopefully I can get something up soon.

11/4/2011 #15
xXgirlmusketeerXx
hello again! There are alot of polish fanfics on the site. usually if i'm desperate to read a story i cannot understand, i use a webpage translate site. If i cannot traNslate it myself. They arent great but i can understand the story. Well i'm now in luck because the 1993 film is on tv on sunday so i can get re-aquainted with it. :-) That honestly made my day.
11/4/2011 #16
LadyWallace

Hello, schweinsty :) Glad you joined us. I can't wait to see what you come up with for stories! Good luck on them :)

11/4/2011 #17
Suthern-bell85

Hello fellow writers! My apologies for not getting on board sooner- real life has been kicking me in the pants lately (grumps).

Well, to start my favorite character is Athos- I am such a sucker for Byronic, brooding heroes. And when he's played by Matthew MacFayden, and that voice....well, what can I say? My favorite film version thus far is the 2011 film, although the 1993 Disney version will always have a special place in my heart. :)

I'm currently working on a multi-chapter fic for the "Three Musketeers" (2011); I promise the first chapter will be up by Sunday evening, even if it kills me, by thunder!

I would also like shout out a HUGE "Thank You" for all of the wonderful reviews that I received so far; you guys are the best and I'm so excited to see this fandom growing!

11/4/2011 #18
LadyWallace

Glad you joined us, Southern-bell85 :) I'm really excited about your new story. I can't wait to read it. And who doesn't love those brooding heroes? I've always had a thing for them myself ;P

11/4/2011 #19
Suthern-bell85

Thank you! There are so many good stories cropping up in this fandom, so it's really exciting to see that. I'm going to do my utmost to have the new fic up by this Sunday.

Yes, brooding heroes for the win! My faves are Edward Rochester (especially when Michael Fassbender play him in XM:FC) and, of course, Mr. Darcy. I just cannot get over MM's voice (yes, I have a slight obsession).

11/4/2011 #20
lilgenious

Hello Suthern-bell85 and anybody else that I have forgotten... welcome to the forum and I hope you have fun!

@Suthern-bell85:

I know! Life is constantly busy on this base here and I find it hard running back and forth to take my platoon to much needed places for training. Some guy fell on his face today too, which was not fun to deal with.

That is my favourite movie, the 1993 version! Ah yes I especially liked Porthos and Aramis in that one but Athos was great too... D'Artagnan was annoying! I see that you updated your story...I shall read chapter now! The fanbase is growing! I was on it when there was only 100 to 120 stories on here so it is a great thing that the fanbase is growing :-) Can't wait for your new story!

11/4/2011 #21
lilgenious

Nice to meet you schweinsty! I am glad that you are enjoying the fandom so far.

I can't wait to read your stories when you get them posted!

11/4/2011 #22
LadyWallace

@Southern-bell: I love all those Victorian brooding men too :) (Duh, I mean Napoleonic, I don't know why I always get those two mixed up even though I definitely know the difference between the two time periods :P) I think Richard Sharpe needs to go on that list too. And if you like brooding heroes, you would enjoy Reed Cassidy in the movie Flyboys. =D

I'm glad to see all the new stuff for the Three Musketeers fandom too! I was hoping that the new movie would spark that a bit and I'd glad it did!

@lilgenious: some guy fell on his face? That can't be too fun o_0

11/4/2011 #23
lilgenious

@LadyWallace: Yes some guy didn't follow my orders to drink lots of water and halfway through the inspection on the parade square he fainted and fell over. It was not fun at all, but what was sickening was the fact that some people were laughing behind their hands. I have lots of paperwork to fill out, I hate paperwork!

Wait why are we talking about Napoleonic men for? Oh wait, I see what you are going on about... a book I assume? Ooh what's it called!?

11/4/2011 #24
LadyWallace

Ugh paperwork because people don't follow orders. Not fun.

Haha, I don't really know why we're talking about Napoleonaic men :P Southern-bell said she liked brooding men like Mr Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice) and Rochester (From Jane Eyer) and then I said we should add Richard Sharpe (From Cornwell's Sharpe series) because he's from that same time period :) I tend to get really off subject sometimes :P

11/4/2011 #25
xXgirlmusketeerXx

Well to be fair, anyone who doesn't love Richard Sharpe needs a reality check, so it's a perfectly reasonable excuse. Sharpe is another one of my obsessions so i guess i'm just as guilty as anyone who can get off topic.

Anyway, hello to all of the people who have just arrived in the forum. If anyone finds me annoying, please just tell me and i'll leave, because to be honest i think i'm really just babbling on...and on... and on

11/5/2011 #26
LadyWallace

Don't worry, I feel the same about myself. I can be long winded sometimes :) But hurray for Sharpe fans =D

11/5/2011 #27
lilgenious

I know! It is a lot of paperwork to fill out.

I can honestly say I have never read any of Sharpe's books, I didn't know that they existed. *Please don't hurt me!* The library doesn't have any of his books in Lyon... either that or I haven't been looking. Next time I am in France I will check it out.

I suppose not reading the last two books of the Harry Potter series is more of a crime though.

11/5/2011 #28
LadyWallace

My library has a total of two Sharpe books and there are like 22 in the series :P I hate my library. But that's okay I know a lot of people who don't know who Richard Sharpe is. (Though the way Cornwell writes about him, you would think he single-handedly won the war :)

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books and everyone thinks that a crime. They're just not really my thing though.

11/5/2011 #29
terfle

Hi guys, I'm Terfle and my favourite character is Milady as any of you who have read my stories will know :P I've written at least 10 fanfics+ for 3 musketeers and I can't be bothered with the films on general, I prefer to read the book and then make my own stories from it. My version of Milady is slightly different from the book and probably not to everyone's taste but there you are. I've written all of mine about her and various people, especially with Rochefort, Athos and Richeilu and am now writing one with Constance. D'artagnan is my least favourite character

11/5/2011 . Edited 11/5/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: lilgenious just-O
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member