Three Musketeers Fanfiction Challenges
A forum dedicated to Alexandre Dumas fanfiction writers in need of inspiration, cures for writer's blocks, or just want a challenge to write! Discuss the books, movies and plays and have some fun while doing it!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
lilgenious

Alright, so this is a competition- that will be marked. Which means a judging day and winners. Though, this will be hard as there are so few of you... so depending on the amount of people who sign up for this, I will possibly downgrade this little guy to a friendly writing challenge.

So, with me I have a list of 20 French towns and villages. All were around back in the 17th century, so our musketeers would have known them extremely well... or heard of them, or been to them at some point.

Double claims are allowed for this challenge, which means I can give you two villages or towns and you choose the characters you wish to write. As there are so few characters that we can work with, there are no claims for those either.

The rules: Pick a number between 1-20 and I will give you the name of the town/village you are to work with. In the story, the setting must be that village or town- so to those of you who do not know that much other than the bigger towns/cities such as Paris or Lyon... I'd highly recommend you to do some research to get a feel of the town/village you are to write. The story can be about anything, the characters can range from one- to all. I accept all pairings and ratings- het, single, bromance, slash, femmslash... etc and I will mark all.

If you want a pairing, name me the first character you'd like and your preference. Or if you want to be surprised... don't do it but still give me your preference. Of course you are allowed to come up with a pairing yourself but you must name those two individuals in your post.

WARNING: I will not mark sexually explict content as those stories are against site rules and are listed under the MA rated content which is not supported on the site.

The due date thus far is: September 20 2012. This thread will be closed on the day of judging and the winners will be posted later. However it is like what I said before, if there are not enough entrants, then I will gladly make this into a challenge.

Happy number picking! Any questions? Ask away!

6/14/2012 . Edited 10/27/2012 #1
Emilia Delko

I will accept the challenge of a new fandom. 7, I want the number 7

6/15/2012 #2
Umeko

Not really familiar with 17th Century France, but here goes - 13. I guess I'll probably be regretting this later for biting off more than I can chew.

6/15/2012 #3
Laree England
Hello! I'd like to sign up! I have picked my lucky number, and I'll tell FlyinMachine1 today at school to sign up as well. Here goes! Drum roll please! 17
6/15/2012 #4
lilgenious

There is no length to the fics- however I want a minimum of five hundred words so you can be as creative as you like!

Emilia:Number seven is Bordeaux.

Umeko: Number 13 is Tours.

Laree England: Number 17 is Dijon.

Lady Wallace: Wallace has picked a number via PM, her number is 15- Number 15 is Angers.

6/15/2012 #5
lilgenious

It ate up my post!

So, Umeko, if Tours is too difficult (it plays a bit of a part in The Three Musketeers)... then let me know and you can tell me which village/town you want to work with.

This goes for anybody here as well. If the village or town is too difficult then just pick another number :-)

6/15/2012 #6
Storyloverandteller101

Interesting competition if I have to say so myself. However due to the fact of recent circumstances, lil is unable to do much and has given me the chance to act as temp!mod. I will be in charge of this competition until she comes back unless Lady Wallace wants to do it.

She has given me the list of towns and villages plus some pairings and prompts if anybody needs those. Until Lil gets better and can function properly, I will be in charge of giving those out and also for marking...

I am sorry everybody! Continue writing this challenge.

6/15/2012 #7
Eclectic Butterfly

I will attempt this one. It will be my summer project, if all goes well.

I chose: number 3

6/15/2012 #8
lilgenious

I came on here to check on things. I am afraid your mighty lil got knocked down by a head injury that happened months ago and is still plaguing her! I have lost the vision of my right eye due to swelling- well it comes and goes which is why I am not going to be around very much. Sadly, the doctors have forbidden me to do much other than rest and my muse is being a traitor and is off hiding somewhere.

Butterfly: Number 3 is Les Andelys- the home of Chateau Gaillard, in my region of Normandy!

Have fun ;-)

6/15/2012 #9
LadyWallace

I can't promise I'm going to get this written. I'm seriously not in the mood to either read or write fanfiction right now (no offense to anyone =) I have dry spells in writing sometimes, and this is one of those times, but if I do get to it, I'll let you know, and as of now, I have no clue as to what characters I would use because I don't have a storyline, so I'm just going to call mine pending.

6/15/2012 #10
lilgenious

Sending you a message now, Wallace.

Why don't you start off with a beloved Questing Trio of mine? Athos, Porthos, and Aramis?

6/15/2012 #11
Eclectic Butterfly

Hey, Lady Wallace! I know exactly what you mean! I have not been in the mood to read ANY kind of fanfiction, and I have been struggling to write it. I think I'm getting back in the mood though.

I'm still trying to work out the plot for myself.

6/16/2012 #12
LadyWallace

I always go through spurts like this though so it's nothing new, and I know I'll be writing again eventually. Though I don't know if it will be for 3M or another fandom.

6/16/2012 #13
Eclectic Butterfly

Same for me. I go through spurts. I'm trying to catch upon some of my other fandoms, since its been so long since I've written anything for them. I've kept them waiting a bit too long, I think. :) Ah, the demands of a writer. I love it.

Still, off I go to do some research. I love researching things. I never know what I've going to find.

6/16/2012 #14
Umeko

Understand how you feel, LadyWallace. I am currently being bugged by a muse from one of my other fandoms I thought has long been buried. May be absent from this fandom for a bit myself.

I like research and reading up on stuff too, Butterfly. Especially discovering some fact is stranger than fiction or utterly unexpected nuggets. Now google search Tours, France... Tours to France, St. Martin of Tours... Maybe I need to fine-tune my search...

6/17/2012 . Edited 6/17/2012 #15
Kaloubet

Does one write in English or is German also allowed? (out of ranking of course ...)

6/18/2012 #16
lilgenious

I'll read it in whatever language you are comfortable with Kaloubet. Actually, I think it is rather great if you write in German as I need some help to re-establish that language.

I'll still read and review it and mark it when the due date comes around!

6/18/2012 #17
Kaloubet

French would be fine too, I thought about writing short stories in French here to not confuse with my original webside where I write in German ... its great that you accept other languages =). So I have to ask you for a town, do I? Hm ... is the number 1 given? And for the persons, I want Athos in it ;-) of course ... Porthos would be great too.

6/18/2012 #18
Storyloverandteller101

Kaloubet- number 1 is Troyes in the region Champagne Ardenne.

ooh! You get the town with the beautiful Cathedral!

6/18/2012 #19
Sheila Chiaroscura

Hey guys! Since I have more free time now, I thought I'd pop in and try my hand at the challenge! I'll also catch up on reading and reviewing once I get the chance. I pick the number... 4, if it isn't taken already. This should be interesting!

6/19/2012 #20
Storyloverandteller101

Number four is going to be a bit tricky. Your town is Vichy, France. It may take a lot of research on your part but I think you will be able to find a lot of information. I think it is located in the province of Bourbonnais. According to my research, this is where the Bourbon dynasty originated from. So Henri IV of France, Louis XIII of France, and Louis XIV, etc. I think that you will find this one fun Sheila!

If anybody has any questions or concerns please, please, please do not hesitate to talk to me. If you can't work with a village or town then just tell me and we can work something out.

I have a final request. As soon as you are finished your story, please post the link on here so I can get to it quickly and read your submission. This will be a lot easier for me even though the Alexandre Dumas fanbase has fallen to its usual habits of being silent after a few months :P This will also be easier for lil or Lady Wallace to add your stories to the community as well.

Edit! Alright the town of Vichy is in the historic region of Bourbonnais, it is now a part of the Auvergne province.

6/19/2012 . Edited 6/19/2012 #21
Sheila Chiaroscura

Thanks! This'll be fun, of to researching I go!

6/20/2012 #22
Arithanas

I need prompt. Head really full of academics.

Number 8 please, anyone but Aramis.

6/20/2012 #23
Storyloverandteller101

Hello, Arithanas.

First, your town: Number 8 is Boulogne-sur Mer.

Do you mind if I give you a quote and a few singular writing prompts for you?

The quote is in French but I can have it translated for you if you'd like: Aucun possible n'est beau ; le réel seul est beau. Translation: No possibility is beautiful; reality alone is beautiful. (Lil only had the French and not the English so this is a rough translation and may be incorrect).

So for independent prompts: Belfry, wealth, endurance, and perseverence.

You may use them all or one or two for ideas.

As for characters, how about Athos and Milady de Winter? If not then you are welcome to do Athos and Raoul.

6/21/2012 #24
Arithanas

Thank you Storyloverand teller101. Let's see where the muse take me.

6/21/2012 #25
Maradon

Finally I have time to visit this forum again. So I wanted to pick number 13, but as it is already in use, I'll take number 15.

6/23/2012 #26
Storyloverandteller101

Hello Maradon! It is very nice to see you on here.

Number 15 is Angers.

The number is already taken but if you want to write for this you are welcome to do that. Do you want to pick another number.

The numbers already taken are: 7, 13, 17, 15, 3, 1, 4, and 8.

6/23/2012 #27
Maradon

Too bad, but I'll then take the number 5. That has been one of the good numbers for me, in these few days.

6/23/2012 #28
Storyloverandteller101

Number five is Reims- it has the beautiful Notre-Dame de Reims which was the coronation place of the French kings and according to Lil the Porte de Mars which is an arc from the Roman days. It is named after the Roman God of war.

These can be prompts for you Maradon or used as research points. Reims is a city in Champagne Ardenne, a region in France.

I look forward to reading everybody's story when you are done.

If anybody needs any prompts I will be glad to give them to you.

6/23/2012 #29
Maradon

Reims, oh I start my research soon. And thank you Storyloverandteller101 for the prompts it is lot of help, I hope my muse will agree with me.

6/25/2012 . Edited 6/25/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: lilgenious just-O
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member