R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTY TOWN
L3T TH3 RUMPUS1NG B3G1N. RP and OOC chat and funtiems. We're looking for people to RP with us, so if you want to, don't hesitate to join. You want AUs, we got AUs!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
I am the antihero Calmasis

"Your dad?!" Cassandra exclaimed, staring at Karkat.

"Miss Welles, sit correctly," came Karkinos' voice from the desk. She quickly turned around, trying not to laugh.

It didn't stop Terezi from bursting out into laughter...

"That's your-That's your dad!" she laughed, completely out of breath as she hit her head on the wall. "Ow..."

"Yes, I am Karkat's father," the teacher said calmly. "Is there a problem with that?"

Karkat then proceeded to try...and hide the best he could...

4/19/2012 . Edited 4/19/2012 #31
SongbirdSonata

"It's just- It's just-" Vriska attempted to explain but burst into a fit of laughter whenever she tried.

((Gosh, I suddenly feel terrible about my abilities to RP Vriska... Like, she'd be really bad around kids, but with an authority figure, I just don't knowww. D:))

4/19/2012 #32
VampireWolfGirl

Lily felt really sorry for Karkat right about now. Sure it was fun teasing him, but he'd probably get bullied because his dad was a teacher.

4/19/2012 #33

"Miss Serket, would you like detention?" Karkinos asked, looking over at Vriska. "I did say when I walked in that I wanted quiet."

4/19/2012 #34
VampireWolfGirl

The rest of the class had quieted down when he said that. None of them wanted detention. But Lily could see it in most of the Slytherin's faces, they were never going to let Karkat live this down.

4/19/2012 #35
SongbirdSonata

Vriska's mouth snapped shut, but one could easily tell from the look on her face that irons were in the fire.

4/19/2012 . Edited 4/19/2012 #36

"Thank you."

Karkinos turned back to his book and flicked his hand, chalk floating up and beginning to write on the board behind him.

"The subject for class today," he started, "will be about vampires and how they affect the wizarding world."

((*imagining a troll that was raised on Rainbow Drinker stories and doesn't even know vampires*))

4/19/2012 #37
SongbirdSonata

((BUT KANAYA'S NOT IN THIS HOUSE WHAAAAT.))

4/19/2012 #38

((VRISKA WOULD OBVIOUSLY KNOW THE STORIES FROM KANAYA.))

4/19/2012 #39
SongbirdSonata

((WELL DUH BUT IT'S NOT AS FUNNY IF IT'S NOT HER SPECIFICALLY. ALSO CUZ KANAYA'S THE SMART ONE.))

4/19/2012 #40
VampireWolfGirl

Lily leaned on her elbow and prepared for a long, boring lecture.

4/19/2012 #41

((Hmm...Feferi??))

4/19/2012 #42
VampireWolfGirl

(BUMP!)

4/24/2012 #43
SongbirdSonata

Feferi's hand shot up in the air.

"So you mean like rainbow drinkers?" she asked quickly, not waiting to be called on.

4/24/2012 #44

Karkinos paused.

"Yes, and no," he said, pausing. "Yes, as in their habits of drinking blood, but no...for generally everything else."

He stopped and tapped his fingers on the desk. "Rainbow drinkers are not real, whereas vampires are. Rainbow drinkers are merely the things of stories of old, Alternian legend - essentially troll mythology. Whereas vampires...not only are they myths and stories meant to scare muggles, but they are actual beings. Instead of having a natural resistance to the sun - like you or I - or...glowing like a light bulb, vampires die in the sunlight, and are extremely...pale, as they are undead.

"They do require blood to survive, yes, but I have heard there are alternatives...that are still being worked on. There isn't known if there is a successful alternative to human - or troll - blood. For some strange reason, I heard that vampires cannot drink troll blood. It is...like a poison to them. They drink our blood, and they die. Though, the higher the caste - the more deadly. Lower castes - I've heard - are more like a gamble. Though, I am not entirely sure."

He looked up at the assembled students. "Were there any other questions before I continue?"

4/24/2012 #45
SongbirdSonata

Feferi debated following up on Professor Vantas' allegation that Rainbow Drinkers did not exist, but decided not to. Besides, he may have very interesting things to say!

Vriska was the one to speak. "So you're saying that highbloods are immune to vampires?"

4/24/2012 #46

"Yes, and no," Karkinos said, tapping his wand against his hand. "Yes, in the aspect that most vampires would stay away from highbloods because they will die if they drink their blood. No, as in...they can still drink the blood of and kill a troll who is high on the hemospectrum."

"Are there any other questions?"

4/25/2012 #47
VampireWolfGirl

Lily was only half listening to the teacher as she leaned her head on her hand.

4/26/2012 #48
SongbirdSonata

Nobody raised their hands and Vriska took the time to put her head on her desk and pretend to take a nap.

4/26/2012 #49

Karkinos rolled his eyes, and flicked his wand - a loud bang resonating through the room.

"Please, pay attention," he said, turning a page of his book. "Now...can anyone answer this? Can vampires use magic, or not?"

4/27/2012 #50
VampireWolfGirl

Lily jumped a little when she heard a loud bang and her head snapped to the front of the room. She kept silent though when the teacher asked his question.

4/27/2012 #51
SongbirdSonata

"Course they can," Vriska replied with a shrug, not bothering to raise her hand.

4/27/2012 #52

"Yes, but to what degree?" Karkinos countered. "Can they use magic like we can? Or not?"

4/28/2012 #53
SongbirdSonata

Vriska shrugged. "Why not? There's nothing stopping it."

4/28/2012 . Edited 4/28/2012 #54

"Please, be more specific," Karkinos sighed.

4/28/2012 #55
SongbirdSonata

"Fiiiiiiiine. Their magic is mostly like ours, except that there are probably some quirks here and there."

4/28/2012 #56

"Incorrect." He tapped his fingers on the desk. "Anyone else?"

4/28/2012 #57
VampireWolfGirl

Lily had a bit of a thought about what the answer was, but was afraid to look like a fool in front of everyone and was hesitating to raise her hand.

(I'm kinda wondering where you are getting the info about vampires because, after much research [seeing as I am only on book 5], I have come to the conclusion that vampires are only ever briefly mentioned in the books and only in passing.)

4/28/2012 #58

((There is a lot more about vampires on what has been released on Pottermore; there actually is quite a bit on them. A lot of what I'm doing, actually . Kinda winging it with what info I have.))

"Miss Conway, is something the matter?" Karkinos asked, instantly drawing attention to Lily.

4/28/2012 #59
VampireWolfGirl

(Then excuse me while I make a Pottermore account. I will reply once I am fully educated.)

4/28/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: SongbirdSonata VampireWolfGirl, I am the antihero Calmasis
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member