Realism and Accuracy
So, you think you know everything about everything? Neither do I! Here's a place for us to help each other out. Come here if you are seeking knowledge for your story, or sharing what you knowthink. Doesn't have to be Outsiders related.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic

Something that's always bothered me is how easily accepted people make being gay in their stories, unless the whole plot revolves around gay people not being accepted. It's not that I don't think gay people should be accepted, it's that the Outsiders took place in the 1960's. Until 1973 being gay was considered a mental disorder in America. It's just so unrealistic most of the time. People try to treat the characters as though they're living in 2012, but they aren't.

7/5/2012 #1
Violet Rhapsody

I understand what you mean. I think, however, that people take it the same way as AU. It's done because the fanfiction author wants it to be done, and that's the end of it. It becomes something that needs to be looked past in order to enjoy the story line. I agree with you though, it's really not a plausible thing.

3/30/2013 #2
Forum Moderators: NittanyLizard
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member