The Dares Forum
Swingdancer23's compilation of dare contests for Harvest Moon Fanfiction. Feel free to join as long as you abide by the rules.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
swingdancer23

A big, hearty congratulations to Regardless1604 for winning the Drabble Dare! I loved them a lot, you definitely deserved to win!

All right, now for the next dare!

This is a very special dare.

It's to thank someone on this site for all their hard work - reviews, betareading, and everything else!

This dare is dedicated to Peach The Hedgehog, and every entry is going to be a gift for her.

Here we go!

~

I dare you to write... a Griffin story!

~

Rules

Your entry MUST revolve around Griffin!

K-T are permitted- but sexual content and swearing must stay K+ or below!

Entries may beup to three chapters.

You must dedicate your story to Peach the Hedgehog!

You don't have to say what you're writing about here - just post your entry.

All other applicable rules in the Rules section of this forum.

The contest ends on Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 PM forum time (PST.)

Have fun!

1/8/2012 . Edited 1/8/2012 #1
theatrelove123

Hmmm, I'm probably not going to do this one, seeing as it's almost finals week and I'm not a huge fan of Griffin as a character :/. Oh well, good luck everyone! I'll be reading and voting as per usual, so if you see me lurking around, don't be surprised ;).

1/9/2012 #2
MagicalSquaresOfDarkness
I have a wonderful plot bunny ;)
1/9/2012 #3
Regardless1604

Man, I'm starting to think I'm going to be able to only participate in every other dare. I have tests I need to study for this week, and I'm also busy with a few stories I took a break on over the holidays. I would love to participate and show my appreciation for Peach, but I'm swamped D: Sorry!

1/10/2012 #4
spacealiens

It's the same here, my semester finals are all this week and my schedules screwed up, which confuses me at school and home and my birthday is on Friday and I have this big party I have to throw(curse you gramma!). Plus, I have no plot bunnies whatsoever for Griffin...it would probably switch to Muffy in the end...I wouldn't even have time to type it up if I did have one because my mathe teach gives us homework when we still need to study and...ugh! It's confusing...

1/10/2012 #5
Tsubaki-San

Gah... I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this. I really don't know Griffin all that well.

1/10/2012 #6
Angel Peach Blossom

I was thinking that maybe the dares should be extended, and instead of only one week, you get at least two. It's just a thought, but it would give people more time if they want to participate! It is just a thought.

As for Griffin, he's not that hard Tsubaki-San! Certainly easier than most! If any of you are not sure on Griffin, I have a suggestion. This is what I do when I am not sure of something. Do research! Ushi no Tane would be a good starting point, and I'm sure you can look up Youtube videos on Griffin!

Also, I think you should still try as a challenge to yourselves! See if you can pull it off! Just because you don't like a character as well doesn't mean that you can't write about him! I intend on challenging myself later with a character that I don't like as much. And I'm sure many people have guessed who that might be. I can't guarantee when I will do it, but I do intend to try.

Finally, this last bit of advice is one I've given to many others. Go with the flow! Don't think too hard and let the idea come to you. If you like it, just roll with it! And no matter what, never force yourself to write! Make sure you are in the proper mood. The reason I say this is because forcing yourself to write just doesn't make it come out right. I ought to know as I've done it before!

I want to say that I really appreciate this! I'm honored to have this dare dedicated to me! To anyone who intends to participate, let me say already; thank you very much!

1/11/2012 #7
Tsubaki-San

I'll see what comes to me and write it if I have the time between school and track. Thanks Peach. :)

1/11/2012 #8
Angel Peach Blossom

You're welcome! I'm happy to help!

1/11/2012 #9
floopyrocks

OMG!! ITS PEACH!

*faints*

right right. this isnt chat.

alright so im doing this dare, ive got a great crack pairing.... uh not much else to say...

1/11/2012 . Edited 1/11/2012 #10
spacealiens

I'll see if I can get something to come up. I have a lot on my mind lately because I'm failing math and I HAVE to pass the semester exam.

1/11/2012 #11
MorWolfMor

I'd love to write for this dare, and I'll try my best, but my professors have REALLY loaded us down with homework.. =/

I was up for 7 hours doing hw last night...If I can't get one written, I am sorry :(

but I'll try my best!

~Wolfy

1/11/2012 #12
swingdancer23

Ok guys - because it is finals week, I'll extend the deadline an extra week.

January 22nd is the new deadline.

1/11/2012 #13
MorWolfMor

I'll try and write some Lyric :)

But my professors this semester have really cracked down. Doesn't help that I have 2 bio courses O.o and Calculus...and a Lit class....im swamped. lol

But good luck to everyone who enters! :)

1/11/2012 #14
Regardless1604

Okay then... maybe I'll be able to do it... now I just have to get some ideas... oi...

1/11/2012 #15
violetfireflies

D'oh another one already! Must... participate... in... *eye twitch* ...dare!

I really would like to do something like this to thank you for all the advice you've given me, Peach, so I will definitely attempt this dare! :D

And thanks for extending the deadline, Lyric. I have like a majillion things to do this week and next. *cries*

1/11/2012 #16
HarvestQueen17
Would it be okay if the chapters be in poems? I'm kinda swamped with my studies...
1/11/2012 #17
swingdancer23

@violet - *sigh* Me too. I'm still doing that STUPID history study guide, and we still have a ways to go - but the worst is OVER! WOOHOO! I'd say we're 3/5 done. -_-

And you are so welcome! I was like, "Oh yeah, finals, I probably won't be able to finish either O.o" but now I can! (:

@HQ - Absolutely!

1/11/2012 #18
Tsubaki-San

Finally! I think the forums thing is fixed! So here's the link to my entry in case you need it, if you don't I'll delete the post-

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7761915/1/Bottoms_Up

1/29/2012 . Edited 1/29/2012 #19
swingdancer23

Hooray! It's fixed! It's fixed!

The new *and final* deadline is...

Sunday, February 5 at 11:59 PM forum time.

Thanks for being patient guys!

Remember, the person to win this dare gets to choose the next one! Just a little incentive ;)

1/29/2012 #20
MidnightxMusic
Wait..THERE WAS A NEW DARE AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT?! :O *bangs head on wall* ARGH-I'M-SO-STU-PID. D''': MY LIFE IS OVER!! D'x AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW MUCH ABOUT GRIFFIN! D''x *sobs uncontrollably in the corner while rocking back and forth* Sniff...I'm sorry, Lyric and Peach the Hedgehog... D': I'm a failure...A FAILURE!
2/2/2012 #21
swingdancer23

Aw, Middy! You can still participate! The deadline is Sunday, I think you can do it! :D No, I know you can! :) You don't have to know a lot about him. He's not hard to write about! :) Just try your best. Look him up on fogu and YouTube. It's pretty easy!

2/2/2012 #22
MagicalSquaresOfDarkness
My computer chooses the best times to ge a virus.
2/2/2012 #23
swingdancer23

Oh no! You got a virus? D: No fun! Will you be able to enter?

2/2/2012 #24
Angel Peach Blossom

Don't give up so soon, Midnight! There are still a couple of days left, you can make it if you try! That and as Lyric suggested, do research! Griffin isn't all that hard to write about really!

Virus trouble? Ouch! I know about that, as one time it got really bad. I hope it gets fixed soon, Magical!

2/2/2012 #25
MagicalSquaresOfDarkness
Yeah. My only access to the interwebs is from my iPod and school, but my school blocks ff.net. And I can't type on my iPod :c
2/2/2012 #26
Angel Peach Blossom

Ah, I see. That's rough.

Well, I'd like to see your entry when you have the chance! Actually, I encourage this. See, I know that sometimes things get in the way and you can't post on time. Even if that is the case, I still think that if you have an idea, you shouldn't let it go to waste. Just get it up when you can. Even if it isn't up in time for the contest, I think it would still be nice to be able to read it sometime!

2/2/2012 #27
swingdancer23

Yeah, even if you aren't able to enter, I'd say you should still post whatever idea you had :)

Sorry this dare hasn't been going that well, Peach! I'll try to recruit a few others this weekend!

And guys, go check out my dA page. I found this game cover I made in like 2006, and it's basically a rip off HM. xD

2/2/2012 #28
Angel Peach Blossom

Don't worry about it, Lyric! I know how that happens sometimes. Sometimes, things happen that are beyond your control! Such as, for the brief time, the forums not working correctly. Things just happen!

2/3/2012 #29
Regardless1604

Woo! I finished! Except the site is being slow and isn't letting my story show up. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's doing this one... right?

2/4/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: swingdancer23 violetfireflies
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member