Upworld, Downworld
OC-centric forum where the worlds of the mundane, the Nephilim and the Downworlders collide. Chroniel, Angel of Time, is meddling with the threads that bind together the multiverse. Who will be able to put a stop to her machinations before the fate of all Creation is altered forever?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Fanless

WWII, anyone? :3

12/12/2011 #1
archive524

Joan sat on the junction of Sixth and Fifty-Third, and mused on things.

12/14/2011 #2
Fanless

((Hoorah, someone actually posted here!))

Passing an Uncle Sam poster tattered from the harsh winter weather, Peter tightened his scarf and scowled.

He never felt superior to mundanes, but sometimes he couldn't help but be thankful he wasn't one of them. Like now. This war... but what choice had they?

12/14/2011 #3
archive524

Joan's eyes locked onto Peter, instantly analysing how he stood, what he looked like, what street he was on. She then filed this away in her head, and walked towards him.

"Any spare money, sir?"

12/15/2011 #4
Fanless

Taken aback slightly, Peter automatically reached for his wallet.

"It's not much," he said, his upper-class British accent still pronounced, "but I think I could help you out a little."

12/20/2011 #5
archive524

"Thank you," said Joan.

12/21/2011 #6
Wrath of Carcosa

Huddling against the wind, Jason walked quickly, purposely, yet he really had no clue as to where he was going.

It was a miracle in itself that he'd managed to get out of the Netherlands, into England, and across seas from there. But, being seventeen years old and tall for his age, he could pass as a legal adult just from a glance.

The Walther P38 he'd taken from the dead Nazi solider's pocket was gripped tightly in his right hand inside his coat pocket, and Jason constantly had his hand on it, as if to check if it was still there or not.

So focused was he in is march to anywhere, Jason accidentally slammed right into Peter.

2/25/2012 #7
Fanless

He'd been lost in thought after leaving the girl with a few notes in her hand, so Peter didn't notice the young man striding toward him until they had collided and he was on the ground, his winter coat spread out around him. Carefully he picked himself up, trying not to slip on the icy pavement, and offered the boy a hand. "I'm terribly sorry. All right then?"

2/25/2012 #8
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason didn't take the hand, he just stared at it, his eyes wide and mouth open in shock.

"Y-you're...scales..."

2/25/2012 #9
Fanless

Peter blinked, at first confused. Then the full import of the stranger's words hit him, and he snatched his hand back, staring surreptitiously at it to check. No, the glamour was still in place. How could this boy know? "I'm sorry?" The words came out sharp, stiff.

2/25/2012 #10
Wrath of Carcosa

Slowly, Jason's hand drifted back into his pocket and clutched the gun. "You have scales...on your hand! How? Vat are you?!"

This had to be some sort of nightmare. He'd already been through enough horrible things back in Europe, he didn't need to be eaten by a lizard-man.

2/25/2012 . Edited 5/8/2012 #11
Fanless

"Sshh!" hissed Peter, glancing around. The sound came out more sibilant than he intended, and he almost clamped a hand over his mouth in pique. That wasn't going to help. "Mightn't we discuss this somewhere less public?"

2/25/2012 #12
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason narrowed his eyes. "If you try anything, I'll shoot. I have a gun on me," he said, relenting.

2/25/2012 #13
Fanless

A--?

Peter's brow furrowed. Something was definitely amiss, but he wasn't going to ask yet. "All right, all right. I don't intend to harm you, believe me." In fact, I'd be more anxious about you harming me. "That café over there, perhaps? It looks quite empty."

2/25/2012 #14
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason glanced at the cafe.

"Alright. You lead."

2/25/2012 #15
Fanless

Once seated, Peter ordered matching bowls of chili for himself and the boy, who looked half frozen and at least that level of starving. As the waitress left, he folded his hands on the table and looked his companion straight in the eye.

"Have you ever heard of warlocks?"

2/25/2012 #16
Wrath of Carcosa

"No," Jason said flatly. "Vy?"

2/25/2012 . Edited 5/8/2012 #17
Fanless

"I am one. It's why my skin is scaled, and why my eyes look like snakes'-- I assume you can see that much as well." Peter glanced over his shoulder, but the waitress hadn't returned yet. "The long hair is entirely of my own doing. We're the children of mundanes-- that is, ordinary humans and demons. I don't suppose you believe that," he concluded.

2/25/2012 #18
Wrath of Carcosa

"I dunno. I've met some demons in my time," Jason said, scowling at a memory of the Nazis.

2/25/2012 #19
Fanless

"You have?" Peter was surprised, but not shocked enough to continue. "But you're not a Shadowhunter, are you? And as far as I can tell, you're no Downworlder either. How curious. Thank you," he added as their bowls arrived.

2/25/2012 #20
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason eagerly dug into the chili. "Shadovhunter. You mean Nephilim?" he said through mouthfuls, remembering the term "Shadowhunter" spoken by some of the soldiers at the camp. "I recognize that vord from the Old Testament. I came from Europe. My family's Jewish. That should tell you all about the kinds of demons I've met."

2/25/2012 . Edited 5/8/2012 #21
Fanless

"That's right. Nephilim," said Peter eagerly. "Then you know--"

The rest of Jason's sentence sunk in then, and his face fell.

"Oh. I see."

2/26/2012 #22
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason nodded, his eyes slightly, suspiciously bright, but other than that there was no emotion from him. "My family's dead, I'm sure of it. I vant revenge. Plus, I get the feeling that this var isn't so...human. Especially after talking to you. I heard many things in the camps."

2/26/2012 . Edited 5/8/2012 #23
Fanless

Peter stirred the bottom of his bowl, hardly paying attention to the food. "Much of what you heard was probably true," he said darkly. "Our own people have been facing as much hardship as yours there on the Continent. And I know we've only just met, but for what it's worth... I am very, terribly sorry."

2/26/2012 #24
Wrath of Carcosa

He inclined his head, and after a moment, took his hand off the gun in his pocket. "Thank you." A pause.

"If you're a downvorlder, then I should probably tell you this: The Germans are experimenting with downworlders and humans. Taking aspects of downworlder DNA and mixing it into whatever concoctions they can come up with and then feeding it to the inmates at the camps. It has to be stopped, but I don't think its a good idea for the public to know about this."

2/26/2012 . Edited 5/8/2012 #25
Fanless

Taking a hissing breath, Peter let it out slowly, shaking his head.

"Then what I've been hearing is true... that is, only rumors. I'd thought them too implausible to have any truth in them. How? What--"

2/26/2012 #26
Wrath of Carcosa

"We need to fight back!" Jason declared vehemently.

2/26/2012 #27
Fanless

"I agree, but keep your voice down." Peter sighed, resting his chin in one hand and picking at his chili. "Have you a plan for this fighting back, then?"

2/26/2012 #28
Wrath of Carcosa

"Kill Hitler."

He said it like it was the most easiest thing in the world.

2/26/2012 #29
Fanless

Peter choked on his chili.

2/26/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fanless
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member