Upworld, Downworld
OC-centric forum where the worlds of the mundane, the Nephilim and the Downworlders collide. Chroniel, Angel of Time, is meddling with the threads that bind together the multiverse. Who will be able to put a stop to her machinations before the fate of all Creation is altered forever?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Fanless

"More importantly, then--" Etzel's eyes sharpened. "I don't suppose you two saw anything odd today?"

6/5/2012 #151
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason glanced at Peter. "Define odd."

6/5/2012 #152
Fanless

This was too much for Etzel. He spluttered. "Well, did you not see the entire sky turn black? Gracious! Unless, I mean..." He snuck a look at the two of them. "You two could have been occupied at the time, in which case of course I would pardon you completely--"

Showing remarkable spunk, Peter clipped him on the back of the head.

6/5/2012 #153
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason snorted a laugh. "Okay, okay. Yes, we saw the sky turn black. We were researching it when you barged in."

6/5/2012 #154
Fanless

"Is that what they call it these days?"

"Do you know anything about it, Etzel?" asked Peter pointedly. "The thing in the sky? Did you see anything unusual?"

6/5/2012 #155
Wrath of Carcosa

"How old are you?" Jason asked curiously.

6/5/2012 #156
Fanless

"Me?" said both of them at the same time.

6/5/2012 #157
Wrath of Carcosa

"Etzel. Um, but you too, I guess, Peter."

6/5/2012 #158
Fanless

"How old do I look?" asked Etzel, and winked. Peter, meanwhile, looked slightly embarrassed. "Well... quite a bit older than I look. I was born in 1858."

6/5/2012 #159
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason stared at them. And stared. And stared some more. Finally: "...Shouldn't you be an old man by now then??"

6/5/2012 #160
Fanless

"Well, no. It's part of what I am." Peter tucked a loose strand of hair away, looking a little uncomfortable. "Warlocks like me live a very long time."

6/5/2012 #161
Wrath of Carcosa

"Oh. That makes sense?"

It actually doesn't.

6/5/2012 #162
Fanless

"I'm even older than he is!" said Etzel gleefully, pushing past both of them to pick up books. "What's all this? Ooh--" spotting a pretty illuminated image in one of them.

6/5/2012 #163
Wrath of Carcosa

"What's it say?" Jason asked, moving over next to Etzel so he too could look at the book.

6/5/2012 #164
Fanless

"Oh, nothing. I simply adore gold leaf. Oh..."

He had seen the picture of the descending archangel on the facing page. His face went carefully blank. "That looks familiar, now doesn't it."

6/5/2012 #165
Wrath of Carcosa

"So, we're not the only ones," Jason said. He looked at Peter. "It was an archangel."

6/5/2012 #166
Fanless

Peter shook his head. "It couldn't be. That presence... it didn't feel like something good."

6/5/2012 #167
Wrath of Carcosa

"Well...are there demons?" Jason hoped the answer was no.

6/5/2012 #168
Fanless

Etzel laughed. "How much did dear Peter tell you about himself, sweetling?"

"Yes, Jason-- there are. As many as there are humans, or possibly more." Peter's face was serious again. "Not many of them are powerful enough to be a terrible threat, and there hasn't been a Greater Demon seen in a long time, but if this is one..."

He left the thought unfinished.

6/5/2012 #169
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason had no idea what a Greater Demon was, but he didn't need to know to get the meaning of Peter's sentence.

6/5/2012 #170
Fanless

"How much do you know about our kind of people?" Etzel asked Jason suddenly.

6/5/2012 #171
Wrath of Carcosa

"Nest to nothing. I only heard snippets from the Nazis."

6/5/2012 #172
Fanless

Etzel giggled. "He thinks we're Jewish."

Peter gave him a stern look. "You do mean the Downworlders, don't you? The supernatural folk? Warlocks, werewolves, vampires?"

6/5/2012 #173
Wrath of Carcosa

"No, I don't. I'M Jewish," Jason said, confused. "I'm talking about Downworlders, yes. I don't know much about them. Other than what I've picked up from Peter and the snippets from Nazis."

6/5/2012 #174
Fanless

Etzel looked keen. "What did they say? Anything interesting?"

"Etzel, couldn't you concentrate for just the briefest moment?"

6/5/2012 #175
Wrath of Carcosa

"They were talking about mixing Downworlder breeds. Trying to create the perfect weapon." Jason remembered the numerous injections he'd had to go through. "They were using some of the prisoners as test subjects."

6/5/2012 #176
Fanless

"You don't say." Etzel looked thoughtful, his face again a graceful blank, while Peter looked sick. "That's not possible," he said lowly. "Is it? Do you know if... if they succeeded?"

6/5/2012 #177
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason shrugged. "I don't know if they made the perfect weapon, but some of their concoctions succeeded." He rolled up the sleeve on his right arm to show the serial number tattooed on his arm. Below it was another code: ARCH0758. "I was text subject 0758 of 1000."

6/5/2012 #178
Fanless

Peter bit his lip and looked away. Etzel, on the other hand, crowded closer and prodded curiously at the tattoo. "Well, I'll be... something. And what exactly does that mean, dearie?"

6/5/2012 #179
Wrath of Carcosa

"I don't know what the letters mean." Jason shook his head. He didn't know much, and it irritated him. "I only know what the numbers mean and that whatever they injected me with worked, to an extent."

6/5/2012 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fanless
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member