Upworld, Downworld
OC-centric forum where the worlds of the mundane, the Nephilim and the Downworlders collide. Chroniel, Angel of Time, is meddling with the threads that bind together the multiverse. Who will be able to put a stop to her machinations before the fate of all Creation is altered forever?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Fanless

"Ooh! Can I see?"

Peter rubbed his eyelids wearily. "Etzel--"

6/5/2012 . Edited 6/5/2012 #181
Wrath of Carcosa

"There's nothing to show. Not without going outside, and the mundanes would freak out if they saw."

He stopped. Mundanes.

Was he no longer a mundane?

He should have seen this coming. Like it or not, his life was tied to the life of the Shadow World now.

6/5/2012 #182
Fanless

Catching on for once, Etzel put his arm around Jason's shoulder. "I'm sorry, dear," he said, and he sounded quite sincere. "I'm sure there's plenty on your plate right now."

6/5/2012 #183
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason managed a smile.

"Thanks," he said. "That helps." And it did, strangely enough. It was nice to know he wasn't alone.

Jason glanced at Peter. "I want to go back to Europe."

6/5/2012 #184
Fanless

For a moment, Peter looked taken aback. Then he nodded.

"I understand. When do you want to do so?"

6/5/2012 #185
Wrath of Carcosa

"As soon as possible." He was ready to step out the front door now, if need be.

6/5/2012 #186
Fanless

Peter looked thoughtful. "In that case, I might just be able to help you. I don't travel much myself, but I fancy I could get you there."

"You as in the three of us, correct?"

"Etzel, I really don't think--"

6/5/2012 #187
Wrath of Carcosa

"Can you fight?" Jason asked Etzel.

6/5/2012 #188
Fanless

Etzel shrugged sweetly. "Oh, I'm sure I could manage in a pinch. It's not as if I'm a trained mercenary or anything glamorous like that."

6/23/2012 #189
Wrath of Carcosa

(Yes Etzel, because that's going to last. :I)

(Can we chat on PMs?)

"...Right. Well, we're trying to put together a team. Taking the war to Germany." Jason fingered the spines of one of the books. "There's more happening there than just what the mundanes know."

6/23/2012 #190
Fanless

((bbl, gotta go to post office and store))

6/23/2012 #191
Wrath of Carcosa

(Okay...)

6/23/2012 #192
Fanless

((He's trollin'. Back!))

"Oh, a team?" Etzel perked up. "In that case, I can most certainly help you with that! I know simply everybody who's anybody."

"He does," put in Peter, matter-of-factly.

6/23/2012 #193
Wrath of Carcosa

"Really?" Jason looked pleased. "That's great!" He beamed at Etzel and Peter. "So will you help?"

6/25/2012 #194
Fanless

The two looked at each other. Peter hesitated a second, then nodded with quiet determination in his eyes. Etzel, however, crossed his arms and made a pouty face. "What might be the recompensement, dearie?"

8/9/2012 #195
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason frowned. He looked down at his feet. "Um...I can't pay you or anything. I just want to end the war."

8/9/2012 #196
Fanless

"Oh, is that all?" Etzel feigned disappointment, his face clouding over most convincingly, before clapping Jason on the shoulder and grinning. "I think that's enough payment for a lifetime! Of course I'll help, pudding."

8/9/2012 #197
Wrath of Carcosa

He beamed. "Thank you!"

After another moment of frowning and thinking, Jason said, "Do you think whatever happened outside the window is related to what the Nazi's are doing to Downworlders?"

8/9/2012 #198
Fanless

"Supernatural warfare? I'm sure that's never happened before." Etzel snorted. Peter gave him a disapproving look before replying.

"It could be, although I'm not ready to say for sure. We probably ought to gather more information before we rush into anything, though."

8/9/2012 . Edited 8/9/2012 #199
Wrath of Carcosa

"How do we do that?"

8/9/2012 #200
Fanless

"That's the question." Peter shrugged, tugging a strand of hair behind his ear. "I'm afraid books won't help us much this time, at least not as much as I'd prefer. We'll have to get out on the street. Observe. Ask around-- carefully."

8/28/2013 #201
Wrath of Carcosa

"Downworlders like to gossip," Jason said, nodding in agreement. "There's a bar back the way we came, I could have sworn I saw nonhumans inside. We should try there first...before the clouds come back."

8/28/2013 #202
Fanless

"I've never heard such a tantalizing suggestion, dearest." Etzel tried to keep his tone light, though there was a tenser tone to them. "Shall we? I admit, I'm not wild about the thought of being caught out under that storm again."

8/28/2013 #203
Wrath of Carcosa

(*volunteers to play magical knowledge broker*)

Outside, the sky had remained dark in the storm's absence, but the wind had begun to die. Jason pulled his jacket tighter around his body as he looked both ways down the street. "This is New York. What's the fastest way to get around in this city?" he asked, deferring to the natives as he was still a foreigner.

8/28/2013 #204
Fanless

(yes good)

"There are any number of ways, I've found." Peter shrugged, pulling his hair back again to tuck under a crisp trilby. "There's the trains, or you could always hail a cab."

8/28/2013 #205
Wrath of Carcosa

"A cab would be better," Jason said, wrinkling his nose. "I've had enough of trains."

8/28/2013 #206
Fanless

"Oh, I quite agree," sniffed Etzel. "Trains are so plebeian. So... public. So full of sweaty individuals with flat and tasteless veins, darling, don't you think?"

8/28/2013 #207
archive524

Joan looked at the two kids, and eventually decided that Veronica - having been the most verbose so far - was the most likely to respond.

"Veronica, can you tell me where your parents are?" she asked.

8/28/2013 #208
Wrath of Carcosa

"I just think they smell," Jason replied to Etzel, smirking. He found the vampire to be funny.

Veronica shook her head. "Mother died when Blaine was born--" Blaine sniffed. "--and Father never came home one day."

8/28/2013 #209
Fanless

"Oh, that too." Etzel pulled a face. "Dreadful! Especially with a nose as cultured as my one."

8/28/2013 #210
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Forum Moderators: Fanless
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member