Upworld, Downworld
OC-centric forum where the worlds of the mundane, the Nephilim and the Downworlders collide. Chroniel, Angel of Time, is meddling with the threads that bind together the multiverse. Who will be able to put a stop to her machinations before the fate of all Creation is altered forever?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason hailed a taxi somewhat clumsily, and opened the door for Etzel and Peter. "I imagine all of your senses are...sensitive."

8/28/2013 #211
Fanless

"Oh, well, senses, yes, I'd say I'm all sorts of sensitive--"

"Except where it counts." Peter looked prim. "The Gnome and Toadstool, driver, if you please. That's the bar you meant, isn't it, Jason? The old-fashioned pub?"

8/28/2013 #212
Wrath of Carcosa

He nodded. "The windows were all dirty, but the door was wide open. I could see through. There was a guy with blue skin."

8/28/2013 #213
Fanless

"That'll be it. Well done." Peter looked impressed. "I may even know who you're talking about. Terrible gossip, Rhys is. But a fine substitute for a newspaper."

8/28/2013 #214
Wrath of Carcosa

(Rhys.)

"Sounds like downworlders aren't so different from humans in some respect," Jason observed as the taxi cab started to move.

8/28/2013 #215
Fanless

(I don't, in fact, wish I was sorry.)

"Not at all. In fact, much of the time we prefer to masquerade as humans. Without the powers, the strength or the magic we'd be no different than an ordinary mortal. Makes you think, doesn't it?" He smiled.

8/28/2013 #216
Wrath of Carcosa

It makes me think there are probably some Downworlders who don't deserve the gifts they have, and some humans who should get them instead," Jason mused.

8/28/2013 #217
archive524
"Okay," Joan whispered. Her eyes weren't exactly warm, but there was a certain softness to them that wasn't normally present. "Are you here alone, or do you have a guardian of some sort?"
8/28/2013 #218
Fanless

"Now that's an interesting way to look at it." Peter raised a brow, pulling his wallet out of his pocket to fiddle with one of the cards inside. "And I'm sure there are plenty who would agree with you. Unfortunately, generally things don't turn out that way..."

8/28/2013 #219
Wrath of Carcosa

"Don't I know it," Jason muttered, remembering Heinrich Wulfenbach.

Veronica shook her head again, still holding her brother's hand. "No one. We sleep in the subway station underground if it gets too rainy," she replied.

8/29/2013 #220
archive524

"I know the feeling," muttered Joan. "Hey, maybe we could stick together?" It wasn't like she was pinned down to a fixed abode, after all.

8/29/2013 #221
Wrath of Carcosa

Blaine appeared hesitant. Veronica apparently shared her brother's feelings, but seemed more trusting. "Sure!" she beamed at Joan.

8/29/2013 #222
archive524

"The streets aren't safe and we are far from home," murmured Joan, almost to herself. "Oh... I have a little money. Shall we go get you two something warm to eat?"

8/30/2013 #223
Wrath of Carcosa

Veronica glanced at her brother, who rubbed his stomach. She looked back at Joan and nodded. "Okay!"

8/30/2013 #224
Fanless

Etzel cracked his knuckles, standing straight and stretching up onto the balls of his feet. "Well, lovelies, shall we? "

10/1/2015 #225
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason exited the cab first, and approached the Gnome and Toadstool. Inside, Rhys, the blue-skinned warlock, was drinking at the bar with a rather sour expression on his face. Jason glanced nervously at Etzel and Peter, unsure how to proceed. Be it mundane or downworld, he didn't have any experience in seedy underworld dealings.

10/1/2015 #226
Fanless

"I think I'd best take it from here at first. Etzel, you have a tendency to... overwhelm."

Etzel's thin face showed disappointment-- possibly genuine, possibly feigned -- but he allowed Peter to take the lead and guide Jason toward the slouching figure, abandoning his glamour.

10/1/2015 . Edited 10/1/2015 #227
Wrath of Carcosa

Rhys noticed the two out of the corner of his eye and turned to face them. His demeanor did not imprpve. "What?" he demanded rather rudely before either could start to say anything.

10/1/2015 #228
Fanless

"We've got some business we think you might be an asset to." Peter sat beside him and beckoned the bartender, pulling out his billfold and making certain to show off several bills inside.

10/1/2015 #229
Wrath of Carcosa

This got Rhys' attention. He set his drink down and said, "I'm listening."

Jason, while still listening, climbed onto another stool and stared at the drink list. The bartender gave him a suspicious eye.

10/1/2015 #230
Fanless

"He's with me, darling," said Etzel smoothly, slipping into the other seat and sliding an arm around Jason's shoulder. "Serve up."

"You've been following the news, I trust. The war overseas."

10/1/2015 #231
Wrath of Carcosa

The bartender shrugged and poured them each a deink. Jason stared at it hesitantly, like it might bite him, but he picked up the glass.

Rhys snorted. "Hard not to. Idris is right in the middle of it, you know. The Clave is worried about the conflict bleeding over into our world."

10/1/2015 #232
Fanless

Etzel giggled at his expression as Peter continued. "That's what I've come to you about, more or less. The tide's turning in a way I don't think anyone will like."

10/1/2015 #233
Wrath of Carcosa

Jason was about to take an experimental sip when Rhys said, "The Nazis have divisions for every damn kind of warfare there is. That includes the occult. Nearly all my contacts have gone dark over there. They're rounding up Downworlders one city at a time. A lot of people are pissed at the Clave for it.

"That's Shadowhunters, right?" Jason asked. "Are they behind this?"

"That's what they're saying. So far the Clave has done little to help us, and the Nephilim have been left alone. Whether they are or aren't involved won't matter soon. If they continue to do nothing, the Shadow World will declare a war of their own."

10/1/2015 #234
Fanless

Peter sucked a breath past his lips before continuing.

"What mmakes you so sure they haven't already begun?"

10/1/2015 #235
Wrath of Carcosa

Rhys barked out a laugh. "I'm not. I can't get anyone anywhere near Europe without them disappearing. Europe is a black hole for Downworlders right now. What's all the interest? Planning a vacation?"

10/1/2015 #236
Fanless

"Hah. No, hardly. I just... I have rreason to suspect that there may be unrest broiling a little closer to home. Seen the sky today? Something is most definitely afoot, and it's not subtle."

10/1/2015 #237
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8
Forum Moderators: Fanless
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member