So, you want to write a story?
IMPORTANT UPDATE: There is now an official rule thread. Please be sure to read that before posting anything. Thanks! Contents: Writing help stuffs, a couple few chat thread type things, fun and exciting things about The Firesong Saga and various other shenaniganery.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Firestorm Nauralagos

First of all, welcome to So, you want to write a story? I generally don't have a lot of rules, since I don't want to be an obnoxious stickler. I think that forums should be a fun environment. I only have two rules:

1. Please avoid cursing. If you have to insult someone, it must be a creative and entertaining insult. If you need an example, just ask.

2. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I'm not usually a serious person, as a lot of people can tell you, but I'm serious about this rule. If someone has a different opinion, respect that opinion. If someone is being rude, let the moderators handle it and don't be reprehensible right back. (See? Big words are much more interesting than curse words. xD) If you're having a specific issue with someone, SEND ME OR ANOTHER MODERATOR A P.M. AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. Kthanxbai.

If you aren't willing to follow those two very simple rules, I am very willing to toss you out of this forum, Mario-drop-kick style. xD Typically these will be posted in the threads as well, just as a reminder.

Here's my policy for rule-breakers:

First offense: WARNING. I won't usually do this publicly, but if someone is being especially nasty and rude, I might troll-warn you. }:) I pride myself on being the most obnoxious person in my entire family, so be warned. The offending post will be edited in the case of swearing, or it will be deleted if the respect rule is broken. Just for the record: When I say "edited" I mean that the curse will be replaced with a ridiculous word. For example: "I think that Malistaire is an evil son of a b*****!!!" Le edit: "I think that Malistaire is an evil son of a battering ram/beehive/banana/some other word that I will think of when the need arises."

Second offense: Another warning and a 1 week ban. Yes, this is possible; I know how to ban someone, and I will do so if necessary.

Third offense: This will result in a longer ban, depending on the severity of the rule-breakage. There is a minimum ban of 1 month and a max ban of 1 year. (I really don't want to do this, so please don't force me.)

Fourth offense (or a major respect violation): Permanent ban. (I REALLY don't want to permanently ban someone. Seriously, dudes. Just follow ze rules. They ain't complex!)

If I haven't scared you off yet, you are now free to enter ze forum!!! XD

6/6/2014 #1
Forum Moderators: Firestorm Nauralagos Rebecca Ripple, BuBuWinter, scarletfireblaze
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member